Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

India-Forums

Words we Say...and What we Don't (P.6) (Page 6)

bee5 IF-Rockerz
bee5
bee5

Posted: 09 June 2011 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by munam_13

Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Pachees din ki vaitalpacheese tumne rachai humne nahi rachai."

means you were the one that instigated the 30 day bet, I didn't. 

Vaitalpacheese is a famous fairy tale novel comprising of 25 stories. We all know Guddu is an master of examples and references. He just used the book name to refer the last 25 days.

The quote meant you concocted a story in the last 25 days.

Girls, girls, girls ... hold on .. it is not vikram-betaal wala vetal/vital. It is be-taal not betaal/vaital/vetaal.
I had replied to someone in a PM a few days back. So, here its is:

- "pachisi karna" means playing tricks/games/conning.
- "be-taal" - (you know Sur aur Taal, its from that). So, be-taal means, without taal, which means, something that is not-required/unnecessary/dis-tasteful

So, what he means is,  "For 25 days you were the one playing dis-tasteful tricks/games on me".

Edited by bee5 - 10 June 2011 at 12:37am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Wafahgardesbhavni88Infofan

azuria Goldie
azuria
azuria

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
10 june
Runjhun
"Voh hame le jane ke liye paise nahi lenge" 

He vill not take money to take me( home).

Dialouge of today. I feel like she is saying he cant do that- coz I want his love not that he takes me for money.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesJulie0001Infofan

Wafah IF-Dazzler
Wafah
Wafah

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged
June 13th, 2011

Yes I have a lot to catch up on ( I will add some from last few episodes too as I get a chance to) but today's episode was just that inspiring. I don't blame Guddu nor Runjhun...the only fault was she should have waited for Guddu's explanation...anyways before I get into that, I'll let the dialogues speak...or rather what wasn't spoken...

"Kabhi Kabhi zindagi aise mod pe le aati hain ke naa chaahte hue bhi kuch faisle lene padte hai"
"Sometimes life brings you in such a place that you have to make decisions you don't want to take"

This line isn't really particularly important but you can sense the struggle the the money presents to Runjhun. She is internally fighting that it couldn't have happened, but Mittho trying to burn Mahadevi still upsets her. Any mother burning her kid seems wrong so you can sense the internal conflict that is present in Runjhun even as she tells herself that she believes Guddu and not the mamas and mamis she wants to hear it from his mouth that she wasn't some part of the deal. She ask all valid questions which Guddu gave valid answers unfortunately it rang true with the mamas and mamis told her.

"Tumhe tumhaare mama mami ke changul se chudaana chaahte hain isliye."
"I want to save you from the clutches of your aunts and uncles"

I think Guddu admits to Runjhun that he wants to protect her. The reason why he's taking her away from them is very clearly set. He is protective of her. In his opinion there isn't love involved but as a husband he's taking her away. He's not going to leave her alone with the six devils of her life. He states this very matter of factly. This is what he wants to do, and he's going to protect her.

Unfortunately she denies that to him, because of the misunderstanding. When she tells him she can't come she takes away from him the right as a husband to protect her. Hence the line that follows.

"Humara dimaag hi kharaab tha, jo tumhe ek pal ke liye humne apni patni samajh liya tha. Aur tum, tumne to ek pal ke liye bhi humein apna pati nahi maana."
"I was the crazy one, who for a moment took you at my wife, when the truth is that you've never considered me your husband, even for a moment."

Runjhun's expression on these dialogues show surprise, because at one hand he agrees to taking money hurting her, and on the other he says he considered his wife, throwing her for the loop again. Guddu here is very true, I don't think Runjhun has ever really relied on Guddu. She needs him which is very much apparent in the way she holds on to him when she stops her from falling but Runjhun has never admitted to needing the support, never relied on him for anything, not the way a wife does to a husband anyways. She's always maintained the distance, which is why Guddu still thinks himself unworthy of her. He still puts himself down when compared to her, because in reality she might have said once that she has faith in him or she trusts him, but she's never relied on it. She's so used to taking care of herself, that she's never really let go, and allowed her husband that right. She's fighting with him, trying to make her marriage work, but even there she's fighting alone. Runjhun has to realize too that she has to work with Guddu to make this marriage work. She has to allow him to come in, she can't keep him a spectator to their marriage and expect him to work with her.

"Tumhaari bahut keemti cheez bhul gaye the hum. Socha tumhe lauta dete hain. Rakho yeh sindoor."
"I'd forgotten one very important thing of yours. I thought I'd return it to you. Keep your vermillion."

If people thought Guddu catching Runjhun's vermillion was signficant, this is very much more significant, and symbolic. Guddu may be able to save Runjhun but he can't continue doing it without her help. I said this before but Runjhun has to learn to fight with Guddu or stand with him even if she doesn't fight. He can't fight if she's standing in the front with blockers on. He's giving the ball in her court. He saved her vermillion once now it is her responsibility. She's the one who has to save the marriage. He might have wronged her but he considers her his wife. It is her turn to give him the same respect and allow him to be her husband in all sense. This is now hers to fix, no one elses, and the way she wraps her palms around it, I have a feeling she will definitely try to protect it at all cost.

"Do minute main humko yeh kamra aisa chahiye jaise pehle tha."
"In two minutes I want this room as it was."

Guddu truly lashes out when he's hurt. Even Amma understands Guddu better than Runjhun does. The significance of this line to me is the fact that Guddu wants in a way to go back to his original life, but can't. The way he may want to tear and throw Runjhun away from his life but he can't. He wants no consolation because no matter who says what he can't change the fact that Runjhun matters. What she says and does matters. He would love to go back to before the challenge, before they even got married, so he can erase how hurt he is, but he can't. He's become fully invested. If only these two idiots would truly tell each other how they feel...they wouldn't be at this point either.

I'm glad though that Guddu told Runjhun about the 10 lakhs. He didn't lie. I'm actually happy that Runjhun didn't go with Guddu today, as much as I wanted her to leave. After today, the mamas and mamis have broken any thread that connected Runjhun to them. I'm actually happy for whatever they did on Friday. Amma is right their fortune has stopped working and not because Runjhun is leaving, or because Amma cursed them, but because they didn't realize the worth of what they had. They might think that Runjhun single-handedly ruined her marriage, but the truth is they have single-handedly ruined any chance of Runjhun staying back now.

Whatever little faith that remained, whatever gratitude that Runjhun owed, whatever respect Runjhun has ever had for them, is all gone. They've actually set her free. In tying to tie her down, they've actually set her free, and they will get their penance slowly but surely...

Edited by Wafah - 13 June 2011 at 10:26am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesMikanSakuraK__SPrabhkalluluvsagarJulie0001LoveGudduazuriajps01sigridZiva01Infofan

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
What an amazing post Wafah. You explained it so beautifully. While it appears a silly misunderstanding, I do not think that it is a stupid dragging mechanism by the CV's. This misunderstanding was VERY realistic because of where these characters are psychologically.

One can say it is stupid that Guddu, who is always so aggressive did not push to explain. But as you say,  he does not feel really worthy and therefore her rejection completely shuts him down.

On her side, I agree with you, she needs to fight with him. But being with
Guddu is no easy feat at times. If we look at his behavior over the last two weeks at her, it is hard to believe in him without understanding that he did all that out of his pain. I don't think she really understand that. There is a measure of unpredictibility in him

It was sad to see their insecurities today overtake them, but brighter days are surely ahead.

Thanks again Wafah, these translations are like kernels of gold.

Edited by jpalagrawal - 13 June 2011 at 10:47am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesPrabhkalluLoveGudduWafahsigridInfofan

azuria Goldie
azuria
azuria

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged

Appluds Wafa what a post.

I would like to bring upp Amma warning about telling Guddu.

"Hum tumhri kasam kahet hain ki hamne Guddu ke na to dahej ma ya rishwat ma koi paisa nahi diye hain. Our bitiya yad rakhna yeh baat Guddu se nahi kehna agar gusyaigaya to maneyaega nahi""

II thae oath by you that I have not given any money to Guddu for the sake of Dowry or for bribe, and daughter listen carefully never ask this question to Guddu if he gets angry then it will be hard to reson with him.

Here Amma is telleing Runjhun that thinking the thought that Guddu will take money to take her home is a grave insult to him. And such an insult will he not forget in a hurry.He is a proud man and maintainig his respect is important to him.

That what I come up with if other can put more or correct me please do so then I gain more knowledge. Thank

PleiadesLoveGudduPrabhkalluJulie0001WafahInfofan

Pleiades Groupbie
Pleiades
Pleiades

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Wafah

June 13th, 2011

"Tumhaari bahut keemti cheez bhul gaye the hum. Socha tumhe lauta dete hain. Rakho yeh sindoor."
"I'd forgotten one very important thing of yours. I thought I'd return it to you. Keep your vermillion."

If people thought Guddu catching Runjhun's vermillion was signficant, this is very much more significant, and symbolic. Guddu may be able to save Runjhun but he can't continue doing it without her help. I said this before but Runjhun has to learn to fight with Guddu or stand with him even if she doesn't fight. He can't fight if she's standing in the front with blockers on. He's giving the ball in her court. He saved her vermillion once now it is her responsibility. She's the one who has to save the marriage. He might have wronged her but he considers her his wife. It is her turn to give him the same respect and allow him to be her husband in all sense. This is now hers to fix, no one elses, and the way she wraps her palms around it, I have a feeling she will definitely try to protect it at all cost.

Great analytical post Wafah!

I'm going to offer another interpretation about Guddu giving the sindoor to Runjhun at the end of their conversation. I don't want to say he was being sarcastic or ironic, cause he was definitely at the end of his rope with her. But it was definitely a very pointed statement imo. Sure, Runjhun gets Guddu's clothes ready, heats his bath water, has his meals ready for him, and does all of these poojas for their marriage. But that is all she does. She just takes care of all of the outer trappings of a marriage, such as the sindoor, but when it comes to intimacy, both physical and emotional, as well as actually showing that she trusts him and not just saying it, Runjhun has not fulfilled the actualities of marriage by not leaving with her husband. There's is no point in putting on sindoor everyday if she is not fulfilling the true responsibilities and rights behind it.

PrabhkalluJulie0001azuriajps01WafahInfofan

LoveGuddu Goldie
LoveGuddu
LoveGuddu

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
@ Wafah...very beautiful said...Nothing to add...I am speechless...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PrabhkalluWafah

azuria Goldie
azuria
azuria

Posted: 13 June 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Pleiadis Very nice thoughts.

Yes she dose the trippings but nothing more and that is what he is letting her do and be happy with because she is not brave enough to leave with him or listen to what he has to say.

here we see that she has already thought out and judged him which she had been complaining about from him about the calander.

I really like it when Guddu said That she never for a moment thougt of him as her husband. That really hurts specially when he is doing his best to proteckt and save her.

She responded to it by looking at him and I saw somkind a realization that she has kicked the marriage in the face.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PleiadesLoveGudduPrabhkalluJulie0001Infofan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index