Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

India-Forums

Words we Say...and What we Don't (P.6) (Page 2)

-Ishana- IF-Rockerz
-Ishana-
-Ishana-

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
That one where Runjhun said she cant be Neelu was a SUPERB comeback!
But Guddu shouldnt blame her and say you still love Abhigyaan etc
becuz he still likes this 'Neelu'
and see my ONLY problem with him is that he can only see faults and flaws in other he cant see them in himself
Reminds me of the phrase...
" Look at yourself before you talk about others"

rani2007 Goldie
rani2007
rani2007

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Wafah

"Jal yeh nahi raha. Jal aap rahe hain."
"This is not the one burning. You are the one burning."

Runjhun is right but I don't think she understood the reason for Guddu's fire. The reason for his jealousy. What's ironical in this whole situation is that she responds with her own insecurity. She thinks he's unhappy because she can't be anything like Neelu.

Wafah, Could you do me a favor and  bold the Hindi lines you noted in your post?  It would make them easier to see/find. Thank youSmile

I'm going to post the lines I like below but I wanted to first right that I loved your analysis.  The only line I considered a little differently is the one I quote above.  I don't think Runjhun has a clue that Guddu is jealous.  I think she was saying that he's not burning Abhi's image but rather his image.  Like Guddu's the one who's literally burning by destroying his kinder side.

Now lines I liked.

"Naashe mein ham hain ki naashe mein tum ho... khabadhar agar humre paas aayi toh."
"Am I intoxicated or are you intoxicated?...Don't you dare come near me"

Guddu says this to the Munni wannabe.  Where did this come from?  He's drunk but has enough sense that he doesn't want to be near the dancer.  Later though he wants to be near Runjhun so he goes to hang up his scarf in the closer, yeah OK Guddu. LOL

"Humhe aapki nafrat ho rahin hain...ghin aarahi hai aapse"
"
I feel hatred for you and I feel disgusted by you."

Ok so these words were OK when Guddu was harassing Runjhun... but to say them now... very powerful words to say to someone especially one that has started to care for you and vice versa.

"Humri Jaasosi kar rahin thi tum..."
"You were spying on me."

I think this comes into play later when Runjhun brings up Neelu and Guddu gets mad when she refers to Neelu as a bar dancer.  I think he's assuming that because she has been spying on him that she knows who Neelu is and he's disgusted that Runjhun called Neelu a bar dancer even though she knows the truth. 

"Apni izzat nahin rak sakti saala kam se kam humri izzat toh rakho na"
"
If you can't keep your respect, damn it, at least try to maintain my reputation."

I thought it was interesting that he linked their reputations together... just as one would link a wifer to her husband and a husband to his wife.

G:"Saala abhi tak tumre dil se nahin utra na woh Master...Master Abhigyaan Dixit...Saala Nahin Bhula Paayi tum usko abhi tak, tumre maan ke jadh ke betha hai saala abhi tak nahin bhula paayi hum jaante hai"...
R:"Phaaltu ki baat mat kijiye... Abhigyanji koh kyu laarahe hai"
G:"Abhigyan JI..."
G:"Saala tumri tumri maan mein bas gaya woh Abhigyan Dixit Baas Gaya hai"

G: "That bas***d (Master) has not made his way out of your heart yet... Master Abhigyaan Dixit...Damn it you couldn't forget him yet, he is rooted and sitting in your consciousness, and damn you have not forgetton him I know..."
R:  "Do not talk about such rubbish things...Why are you bringing up Abhigyaan JI?"
G: "Abhigyaan JI??"
G: "Damn..Abhigyaan Dixit has a home (settled in) in your heart/
consciousness"

This was such a powerful dialogue.  Guddu's voice was so emotional as he said the first line because he hates that Abhi means so much to Runjhun. My thoughts are that Guddu thinks that because Abhi's memories are so settled in Runjhun's heart there is no room for Guddu. Then Runjhun said "Abhigyaan JI."  Ji, being the form of respect.  The way Guddu repeated it was classic... he hated that she called him Abhigyaan JI.  I think Runjhun noticed this to because the next time she says Abhi's name she called hiim Abhigyaan Dixit.  Guddu referred to Abhi as Abhigyaan ji as well when he went to burn the clothes so he really did not like the way she referred to Abhi.

Jeez, that took forever... I have a bunch more but I will post them later.

Edited by Wafah - 16 May 2011 at 11:39am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

uzeeNVBGKYAginaya69ljcruzLoveGudduazuriaJulie0001Infofan

nadeera Groupbie
nadeera
nadeera

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
I dunno why it seems to me that, Neelu could be Guddu's sister, that's why he is still so possesive about her. On top of it , Guddu was literary turn down in the Suhaag raat by the mentioning of her name.. Otherwise no one is possesive about one's ex into this extent. May be its my fault of thinking that i am portraying Guddu in such a way where he doesnt have any previous relationships. As i cannot forget the scene of his shopping for Runjhun where we have witnessed how inexperienced he is regarding ladies shopping.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NVBGKYInfofan

EcliPSe_2010 Goldie
EcliPSe_2010
EcliPSe_2010

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:00am | IP Logged
thxs Wafah! 
I understand the dialogues better now.  
I have to commend both the actors for they did absolute justice to their respective characters today in their portrayal of the scenes.  Both of them were on top of their craft.  They were so realistic!!  This explosive is a must see for any indian tv serial watcher!!! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Infofan

rani2007 Goldie
rani2007
rani2007

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:11am | IP Logged

JP I think it goes along the lines of him thinking that Runjhun is trying to change him to be like Abhi. Like Guddu said he does everything forefront. He always spells out his intentions clearly but he feels cheated by Runjhun. He thinks that on pretext of changing him she was trying to mold him into Abhigyaan. So in a way she was deviously trying to get him to mold him into the person she loved. That to him is like betrayal, and hence he commenting that "Tumhare mann mein paap" which can translate that the intentions in her heart were not good...

Which of course is a different change from when she asks him yesterday, that if she truly can be that vindictive or capable of such deception when Mahadevi suggested it to her...in his mind he can't believe her intentions and he feels hurt to rationalize the emotions for what they are truly...

I feel like he knows how she really is... but then to rationalize his thoughts he'll blame things on her...however HE'S the only one allowed to speak ill of his wife.. anyone else who does it will get beaten up.  I cannot see Guddu putting up with anyone referring to Runjhun with the words he does.

Confusion, your name is Guddu.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

uzeeJulie0001LoveGudduazuriaWafahInfofan

uzee Senior Member
uzee
uzee

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rani2007

"Jal yeh nahi raha. Jal aap rahe hain."
"This is not the one burning. You are the one burning."

Runjhun is right but I don't think she understood the reason for Guddu's fire. The reason for his jealousy. What's ironical in this whole situation is that she responds with her own insecurity. She thinks he's unhappy because she can't be anything like Neelu.

Wafah, Could you do me a favor and  bold the Hindi lines you noted in your post?  It would make them easier to see/find. Thank youSmile

I'm going to post the lines I like below but I wanted to first right that I loved your analysis.  The only line I considered a little differently is the one I quote above.  I don't think Runjhun has a clue that Guddu is jealous.  I think she was saying that he's not burning Abhi's image but rather his image.  Like Guddu's the one who's literally burning by destroying his kinder side.

Now lines I liked.

"Naashe mein ham hain ki naashe mein tum ho... khabadhar agar humre paas aayi toh."
"Am I intoxicated or are you intoxicated?...Don't you dare come near me"

Guddu says this to the Munni wannabe.  Where did this come from?  He's drunk but has enough sense that he doesn't want to be near the dancer.  Later though he wants to be near Runjhun so he goes to hang up his scarf in the closer, yeah OK Guddu. LOL

"Humhe aapki nafrat ho rahin hain...ghin aarahi hai aapse"
"
I feel hatred for you and I feel disgusted by you."

Ok so these words were OK when Guddu was harassing Runjhun... but to say them now... very powerful words to say to someone especially one that has started to care for you and vice versa.

"Humri Jaasosi kar rahin thi tum..."
"
You were spying on me."

I think this comes into play later when Runjhun brings up Neelu and Guddu gets mad when she refers to Neelu as a bar dancer.  I think he's assuming that because she has been spying on him that she knows who Neelu is and he's disgusted that Runjhun called Neelu a bar dancer even though she knows the truth. 

"Apni izzat nahin rak sakti saala kam se kam humri izzat toh rakho na"
"
If you can't keep your respect, damn it, at least try to maintain my reputation."

I thought it was interesting that he linked their reputations together... just as one would link a wifer to her husband and a husband to his wife.

G:"Saala abhi tak tumre dil se nahin utra na woh Master...Master Abhigyaan Dixit...Saala Nahin Bhula Paayi tum usko abhi tak, tumre maan ke jadh ke betha hai saala abhi tak nahin bhula paayi hum jaante hai"...
R:"Phaaltu ki baat mat kijiye... Abhigyanji koh kyu laarahe hai"
G:"Abhigyan JI..."
G:"Saala tumri tumri maan mein bas gaya woh Abhigyan Dixit Baas Gaya hai"

G: "That bas***d (Master) has not made his way out of your heart yet... Master Abhigyaan Dixit...Damn it you couldn't forget him yet, he is rooted and sitting in your consciousness, and damn you have not forgetton him I know..."
R:  "Do not talk about such rubbish things...Why are you bringing up Abhigyaan JI?"
G: "Abhigyaan JI??"
G: "Damn..Abhigyaan Dixit has a home (settled in) in your heart/
consciousness"

This was such a powerful dialogue.  Guddu's voice was so emotional as he said the first line because he hates that Abhi means so much to Runjhun. My thoughts are that Guddu thinks that because Abhi's memories are so settled in Runjhun's heart there is no room for Guddu. Then Runjhun said "Abhigyaan JI."  Ji, being the form of respect.  The way Guddu repeated it was classic... he hated that she called him Abhigyaan JI.  I think Runjhun noticed this to because the next time she says Abhi's name she called hiim Abhigyaan Dixit.  Guddu referred to Abhi as Abhigyaan ji as well when he went to burn the clothes so he really did not like the way she referred to Abhi.

Jeez, that took forever... I have a bunch more but I will post them later.

i just showed the episode to my mom and these dialogues also stuck with me...indeed a very power-packed episode...everytime I rewatch it, I notice something else...

@ the blue...I didn't consider that...I'm still unsure about her...I don't think she's a sister, but I don't think she's an ex either...I wud imagine she's a friend...is she still alive? has he helped her? so many questions arise about neelu...can't wait for the creatives to answer these q's..

@the purple...I noticed that too...I think runjhun said abhigyaan-ji out of habit...and when she noticed the way guddu repeated the name, she corrected herself...but I don't think guddu noticed...he was just so upset at the thought that she is still in love with him...or holds him to be her ideal man...which he certainly isn't..I just wish runjhun would explain to him how abhi is not her ideal man...he hurt her by requesting a medical test and I think he has hurt her more than guddu has...guddu is honest and upfront...even today, with his insecurities, he says everything he is thinking...abhigyaan was there to play hero and left when she needed him the most...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

rani2007Julie0001LoveGudduazuriaInfofan

pranganga Senior Member
pranganga
pranganga

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Hi Wafah,
You have penned down the thoughts very well and i do agree with the interpretations that u have given. Really WONDERFUL.

I just felt like adding one thought regarding the episode.  This separation which has happened between Gunjun is one way both of them will realize the importance of the other in their lives. Runjun has always been telling that she is doing and trying to make guddu a good human being just for the happiness of amma.  I hope this will make her realize its now changed.  If its only for amma why should runjun keep the sari and flowers so carefully and feel looking at it. So runjun is also started developing feeling towards guddu.  This separation will make them realize their love and somehow they should express their feelings for each other.

But, sometimes i feel the episodes are deliberately prolonged.  If not for that everything in this serial is excellent, making us to crave to watch it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
@ Rani

That was stupendous. I love your point about RJ calling  Abi: Abhigyaan JI

Right before that (for the first time, I think) she called Guddu, "Guddu Shukkla Ji" in a mocking way as how could she ever think to change the great Guddu Shukkla?

That was unusual as while Guddu is always sarcastic, RJ is not. So later when she uses the "ji" with Abhi, it was as you said automatic and Guddu picked up on that.

So yes the layers in the scenes were great and seeing the language so helps really capture the nuances!

Edited by jpalagrawal - 14 May 2011 at 12:20pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rani2007Infofan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index