Words we Say...and What we Don't (P.6) - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Pleiades

Great post!
I'm going to zero in on the distance and touching part.
Guddu really is putting his selective memory to work when he asks Runjhun,

"Kahe hatey hum. Arre tum humri dharampatni ho na? Hum kaahe hate bhaiyya? Kya hua? Dar lag raha hai humse?"

"Why shall I move? You're my wife, right? then why should I move? What happened? Are you scared of me?"

Can he really not think of a single reason Runjhun does not want to be close to him (besides the whole touching the dancer thing that she says later)?!?

I think he remembers. I don't think he has selective memory, more so that his understanding or reasoning is faulty. The main reason Guddu touches Runjhun is because she tells him she is disgusted by his touch (her burning the clothes) so the reason he touches her is because he wanted to see what she would do, since she is so disgusted by him.

As for that dialogue, in the recent of times they'd gotten a little more complacent so when he says that dialogue, it's not because he doesn't remember why she wouldn't want to be touched by him but rather he can sense her hesitation. As for the emotional aspect of his first touch on Runjhun, I don't think he could ever truly comprehend as a man what it meant to her. He would read it as fear and disgust, but it was much more than that for Runjhun, especially on an emotional level.

Originally posted by Pleiades

Another related point, is the fact that Runjhun once again repeated that she is disgusted by him (ghin=???). Now imagine, if somebody like a stranger said that they were disgusted by you, most of us would probably be shocked and suffer at least a tiny bit of self-doubt. Now imagine, if it were by somebody you knew, like say a friend, teacher, or neighbour, you would probably be a lot more effected and very introspective and hurt by this statement. Now, Guddu and Runjhun's relationship is much closer than that, imagine how it would feel when somebody you're supposed to spend your entire life with (and seven junums (spelling???) with) says something like that to you. That they are disgusted by you and can't bear to have you touch them or even near them, imagine at best the frustration and at worst the hurt and the anger and the self-doubt (now compounded by how Guddu remembers Abhigyan and Runjhun's interactions, and how his touch didn't disgust her) that Guddu must now feel.

When it comes to nearness and touches, Guddu and Runjhun now have to solve two inter-related issues when it comes to closeness between them

Guddu and Runjhun do have to solve issues of closeness between them. They'd become close without addressing these issues, which is why this jarring in sense was needed to make them both realize and evaluate that there are still differences in between them, and issues in between them that need to be resolved.

"Tum Dono Giro Padho, ek dusre ke chot par malham lagaao. Yehi zindagi hai."
"You both fall, get hurt, but you both are responsible for picking each other up and putting medicine on those wounds for each other."

It's been said many times in this forum, and myself I have referred to this many times. I've always felt that Guddu and Runjhun are the best medicine for each other to heal their souls. Runjhun's soul has been badgered by her aunts and uncles into submission, into believing that she is a burden and nothing else. My teacher once told me that if you keep telling someone they are stupid long enough, the most intelligent person will eventually start believing it. Runjhun has been badgered into believing that she is a constant burden and her desperate need to make her Amma happy in a some deep down way connects to that too because she doesn't want her Amma to be burdened. Similarly Guddu's soul has been weathered by his surroundings, the constant judgement of him, to the point he'd stopped caring what others think, and he's built his own private fortress. So while Guddu adds spark to Runjhun's soul, Runjhun adds life to Guddu's. They've already begun to heal each other, but there are wounds that they've given each other also, and if they don't clear the air out by themselves those wounds will never heal...and wounds that don't heal will fester.

Which is why it's also important to know the root of the problem as Amma says, because you can treat the symptoms but till you find the root of the symptoms and heal the main disease, the symptoms will keep coming back.

"Kam se kam usse apni shaadi pe aitraaz nahi hoga. Nahi usse tumse door jaane ki takleef hogi. Bas dokha khaane ka malhaal rahega."
"At least she won't have objections to her marriage, nor will she have any difficulty separating from you. All that will remain are the feelings of betrayal.
"

When Runjhun told him all this, Jabbo's smirk and confidence were all gone, in place was a guilty person, who knew very well he'd done something very wrong. I think these words were more powerful than any beating Guddu could have ever given Jabbo. This gives me hope that even though he's a selfish lothario, Jabbo does have a conscience that will bring him to his redemption later on. Also the fact that betrayal is something that stays is important to note for any relationship including Guddu and Runjhun (I'm not saying Runjhun was referring to her relationship at any level, I'm just trying to draw parallels) Their trust is still shaky in each other, on the surface level even though emotionally they've come to rely on each other, and any kind of betrayal to them is very serious. Harking back to Guddu's line that he doesn't stab people in the back, to both Guddu and Runjhun trust is very important on so many levels, and hopefully one day all the misunderstandings in between them is aired so that they can truly learn to trust one another.

I'm sure there are more memorable lines in today's episode but to me these two dialogues stood out the most, in addition to the comparison that Runjhun's mind between the angry fire Guddu and the serene, smiling, light like air Guddu. I don't know what the apparition signified, but to me it played out Runjhun's confusion regarding Guddu in a very effective manner, because she's seen both sides to him.

Also the other scene where Runjhun silently consoles Mahadevi, shaking her head. She knew no words were going to ease the pain and she read Mahadevi's hurt so well in her eyes. Runjhun was able to gauge Mahadevi's emotions much more than her own mum, Mittho, who twists her daughter's behavior to her own significance.

Edited by Wafah - 12 years ago
wafah, these were the two dialogues that stuck to me the most as well...I love amma and runjhuns conversation...it is advice most mothers give to their married daughter...
I also loved runjhuns line to jabbo...it knocked him off his high horse...I hope he comes back to the good side...and if he does, we might see him crashing mahadevis wedding (maybe guddu shukla style?) ...that wud sure wipe off the grin on mittho's face...and it wud be poetic justice...they got runjhun married to a "gunda" and their daughter will marry one too...interesting track for future...but I really hope she got through to him and he is no longer going to try to instigate guddu...
Today's lines are few again...of course Runjhun and Guddu barely exchange words directly...they spend most of the time avoiding each others eyes. So most all belong to Kukkan (who I declare the love my life...LOL just kidding but he is awesome)

"Nange pao mat chalyega. Kaach ke tukde agar reh gaye honge to chub jayenge."
Don't walk bare feet. If there are glass pieces that are left, they will poke you.

Why this line? This line is actually very simply said and the only real significance they have in the context is Runjhun warning Guddu, trying to be nonchalant. That's the main intention I believe, so the next few lines are just my inference not necessarily what the line was put there for or what Runjhun was thinking or trying to tell Guddu.

I like the line because of the meaning that it can hold. Walking bare feet, is like leaving your heart vulnerable and if there are pieces of misunderstandings or lingering doubts that are still remaining then those have the potential to become shards that can hurt. They hold so much weight without the intention of doing so. To me Guddu and Runjhun got poked by the shards of doubt and misunderstanding and they have to remove all the pieces of lingering glass to completely heal and form a stable relationship.

"Yeh Gussa to apno se hi kiya jaata hai nai? Aur jab apne takleef mein hote hai to yeh seva bhi karte hai."
"Anger is usually reserved for those we care, and when someone we care for is in trouble then we help them out too"

Kukkan recognized Guddu's petulance for what it is, and also tried to make Guddu understand why even regardless of Runjhun's anger she continues to take care of him. Guddu doesn't want Runjhun to help him, he doesn't want to rely on her, hence his stubborn attitude. Runjhun cares for him despite the differences hence as Kukkan says even though she scolds him or she is angry she can't help but serve him.

Besides that I think what Kukkan said is very meaningful. Our own loved ones have the potential of hurting us more than anyone else does. A stranger's harsh words, we may heal over, but when someone you love or cherish says hurtful words it carries more consequences. Similarly we get more angry on those we love, in case of parents this is true. It is often said that a parent's scolding is like love on their part. Even with Guddu, when he tries to instigate Runjhun after his fight...he'd rather she scold him than ignore him.

Also when the person we care for falls into trouble we might scold them fro being in trouble but immediately we also go on help mode. I've done it many times with my siblings. Guddu does it too when it comes to Runjhun. He has this sense of protection developed when it comes to her. He might yell at her, berate her, but when others do it, he won't allow it. Runjhun scolding Guddu in the hospital and their actions clearly spell out that even in their anger and distress, and in their misunderstandings, Guddu and Runjhun care for each other, regardless of any other feelings that are there or not there, they do care for each other.

"Kabhi Kabhi ulta ho jaata hai. Jo Hum dekhte hai na, woh sahi nahi hota."
"Sometimes things turn opposite. What we see isn't necessarily true"

Kukkan's dialogue here has two purposes, one that was said in pretext regarding Runjhun being upset about Guddu dancing with the girl. Kukkan knows Guddu wasn't dancing with his will. He caught the exchange afterwards that Runjhun didn't. Second purpose is that behind all of Guddu's stubborn and fire breathing persona, is a vulnerability. What Guddu shows to a person isn't what he truly is inside. Here Kukkan doesn't try to clear any misunderstandings (it's not his job, but Guddu and Runjhun to clear that out) but with his words he tells Runjhun that when it comes to Guddu she's going to have to go beyond his surface to reach him.

The line that follows reminds me of a person I used to know. The more this person was hurt the more he lashed out, or was stubborn. Today too, despite his actions, Guddu didn't raise his voice (Himmanshoo might just be resting his voice or Guddu was too injured for overt actions). With Guddu, the more vulnerable he feels on the inside the harder the outer shell becomes. People like that when hurt or emotionally weakened use anger as their best defense of shutting people out or turning them away. Which is why it is even more frustrating when Runjhun doesn't follow and instead of pulling away she continues to stick by his side.

That's all for today...Today was definitely Kukkan's day, and he did a great job acting as a moderator between the two. He understood Runjhun's pain and anger, and understood Guddu's petulance and difficult nature as well. He truly likes his bhaiyya and bhabhi and his love for both of them shows today. I hope Jabbo will also mend his ways and see the light. He did seem a little guilty maybe for Mahadevi or maybe for the fact that he felt that in some ways, he was responsible for Guddu's condition.

[Quote=Wafah]So most all belong to Kukkan (who I declare the love my life...LOL just kidding but he is awesome)[/Quote]

😆😆

I didn't even finish reading yet, peeked in to see what you wrote and had to comment on this.😆

😆
Originally posted by rani2007

😆😆

I didn't even finish reading yet, peeked in to see what you wrote and had to comment on this.😆

😆

LOL I wouldn't do that to poor Kukkan...
Wafah...Amazing...

That's all I have to say...

Edited by LoveGuddu - 12 years ago

When Runjhun asked him why he is bringing Abhi in the middle, he replied to this question sayin' that he's not bringing Abhi in the middle & that he's always been there between them and will always stay there in between them. 

~ These lines really got to me.  Like I've said before, I feel like Guddu may have had at least a little crush on Runjhun (I'm mainly thinkin' of the show from both before & after her engagement ceremony but not including everything that happened on the show after the first time he touched her- this part of the show is a different deal).  Could these lines that he mentioned to Runjhun today while in his drunken state be referring to that time period?  Notice that I italicized the word always.  Did he just in a way confess that he has had feelings for her for a longer time- then as well as now when he said he's always been there between them? I know he's referring to a time after their marriage but is he referring to that time that I mentioned from their past as well?  I guess I will just stop right here with these lines he said to her because him having feelings for her at that time in their past, before they got married is still a question.  For those of u who haven't checked out the topic I posted, titled "The Mysteries of the Show- Part 1", I go into depth about how Guddu may have had at least a little bit of a crush on Runjhun, one of the things I did in this post was talk about examples of scenes on the show that showed this crush which well we don't know if it was even a serious crush in the first place.  Here's a link to this post,

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1643912   

Although whatever Guddu was sayin' about her molding him into Abhi is not true, I can see why he said this & I'm not gonna get into why I feel he said all this & it never really crossed my mind that he could be thinking this until Friday's episode when he told her this.  The writers gave us a surprise here.     

Edited by edabella - 12 years ago
@Wafah

I do think that the glass breaking was a metaphor too. Guddu always acts in haste. Something good offered to him he throws away to protect his hurt pride and ego. I saw the glass like their marriage. Guddu is quick to abandon, destroy anything that he thinks will hurt his sense of self-worth.

I saw RJ's words as a warning too about being careful as to what you destroy in one haste gesture. Somethings cannot be re-built like a glass and you may spend your life being pricked by your hasty actions.

By the way, I so thank you for breaking down these lines for me!
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
i love how u read between the lines wafah...very well written, especially runjhuns line to guddu...u knw, I didn't contemplate it much, but now that u mention it, she does seem to convey a lot in her words...
and also, there is so much to be said about how whenver guddu breaks something, runjhun is there to pick up the pieces...