Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

HaiIi HaiIi MirchiIi...ManEEt Ve Mahii~F.E!! (Page 67)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -honeydew-

Hey there ... its been a while since i replied to your posts.. hoping you are well...Smile

I'm fine, thank you.

Originally posted by Opti

To be fair to the person who posted the SR scenes of the other couples, not many seemed to have seen these shows to appreciate how good or not so good these scenes were.  

i have been a major TV buff ever since i have been a kid, and i have grown up watching various shows on TV... unlike most people to him Geet is their first show, or one of the shows they have watched for me, watching most shows that came and go on TV had almost been a pattern... however with me what changed with Geet was the need to not watch other shows for the sake of that daily dose of entertainment... why this background ...??? just to tell you i do remember and recollect the lead ups to the scenes that have just been posted...

Good to know that you were a TV buff and have become a Geet buff now.  I was bitten by the hindi serial bug in 2006 with Kasam Se. Gave up on the show within 4 months when it went the extra-marital route. got bitten again by KYM which I watched loyally despite the bizarre story line only because Milind and Prachi remained loyal to each other to the end. I admit geet is far superior to all these shows. 

It is only when you watch a show can you connect with the characters. So their scenes can then make an impression on the viewer (good or bad).  I myself have not seen all the shows posted except the one on Michi (from Kayamath).  I must say that this con scene was the best so far in teleworld. This is not only my opinion but all those who have watched this show and many more to make the comparison. Since the build up to the Michi scene (which was phenomenal in terms of emotions) and the aftermath (in terms of the sweet morning after) are not posted, one cannot appreciate how good this scene really was.

What i write herre could just be my opinion... so please bear with me if it sounds biased ... Milind and Prachi were a passionate couple in their own sense in terms of how they came together, fell in love and couldnt be together though they wanted to .. it was all lovely .. and i didnt say, i didnt like what i watched... but it was never to the extent that i felt the need to get onto a fan forum and discuss it with people... i was the biggest fan of sumit-kumkum jodi... RBO i watch off and on and lastly to be honest Bidaai never caught too much of my attention since it was not to my liking and i had already started watching DMG  by then ...i c ouldnt relate to bidaai ..though my mum wud watch it and i wud know wads happening... so i do know wad lead to the scenes that were pasted up there ...hence i am not ruling out them being hot mind you ...

Well, different strokes for different folks.  I used to be an avid writer in  KYM forum.  It was not only me. several people who do not watch the show regularly also felt a need to come and post on the forum the day after that epic con.  Many still feel it is the most beautifully picturised con on TV.  I am hoping that Maanet will unseat them soon for DD and GC are the hottest couple ever.

I can only compare the scene shown for Maaneet with the ones I've seen.  Although Michi used to be my favourite, Maaneet dethroned them a long time ago. So my bias is towards Maaneet rather than Michi right now but if I were to look at it as an impartial viewer I would say that the scene shown on Maaneet did lack the zing. It was a soft and subtle portrayal of love but then all of us have been used to seeing raw passion ooze out in the Maaneet scenes so far.  So I guess our expectations for an important scene like this one  was also high. Hence the disappointment.

to me this scene was really a step up in their relationship... when they got married though they wanted to consummate their marriage, she was pregnant and the doctor had asked Maan to stay away from her... and during the emotional phase post the MC, Geet had totally cut herself off from the world including Maan... she was even against Maan when he took the baby things away from herr room... later .. when she was ready to put things behgind her the whole Dev crack came, which lead these two to never really to be with each other .. it may be noted here that, though Geet had actually forgiven Maan long back, he was the one who still made that choice, to win her family ... and hence live under the whole chori chori chupke chupke set up .. today was a day when they finally got to be together .. all by themselves.. and dont forget the lasst conversation they had was about him wanting to be a baby, and she had not answered him.. he had merely asked her what she thought ..and that didnt mean he wanted to do it then and there.. the moment she says yes its more like celebration of their being together that we got to see ... and not the ACT of consummation... and it was beautifully shown .. acc to me ..

I couldn't agree with you more.  If you see my post (the last post on Page 65) this is what I said.  In fact I used the exact same words - celebration of their love.  People were disappointed because of the hype that was generated before the show.

As to whether this scene was 'spontaneous' in comparison to the 'rehearsed' scenes of the others, I would not agree with this observation because Maaneet scene was no different. It was as 'spontaneous' or  'rehearsed' as the others were.  The distinction is merely in the perception of the individual viewer and can differ from person to person.

Again i may be biased... but it looked the least rehearsed of the lot to me atleast...

Yes, that is your perception and not necessarily what everyone feels.   Each to her own.

What reduced the impact of the scene was the tiredness seen in the eyes of the stars, especially DD. It may have been a deliberate attempt to show it this way for after all Maaneet were on the run the whole day in the hot sun, so they are bound to look tired. Maybe they wanted to convey that Maan found even a tired Geet attractive and Geet wanted to give herself to her man despite her fatigue because she loved him so much.

you yourself said it ... they were meant to look tired ... after a long tired day ... and not look their best !! now you know wad i mean by rehearsed right.. the other SR's were pre-planned or lead into after a scene where one would expect it ...

Michi scene was not pre-planned. In fact it came right after a showdown when no one was expecting such a scene.  Michi were lost to the world after they made up. Yes, the setting seemed pre-arranged but then it was more likely that Milind had set it up for his sister's wedding night and instead celebrated his own con in it. The setting apart, the moves of Maneet too looked rehearsed much like the other couples.  As to the tiredness factor, it was initally a put off for me.  I felt like many why would they want to do it when they are fatigued.  One has to think inorder to get the point. It is not there up front which is why I said the scene grew on me although I was disappointed at first. For people who watch the show for entertainment and not to tax their brains, it was not so obvious. 

Whatever be the motivations, many felt that the first act of intimacy between their favourite couple should have been given more time to play out than the 4 and a half minutes it was given. And I guess that is a reasonable expectation. Maybe there is more in store today and people are being hasty in judging the scene. If there is more I'm sure the viewers will only be too happy to lap it up.  It is not that the viewers want to see it all.  I'm sure there is no show that did that. All they wanted is a little more foreplay. Lets see if they get their wishes fulfilled today.  

Edited by Opti - 16 May 2011 at 12:17am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sihuDesichiqneez

manesha76 IF-Stunnerz
manesha76
manesha76

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:13am | IP Logged

Hello Vinuji . Smile

What is Vinuji constructing so much . She is not seen from Friday . Confused

Vinuji did you finish you con
struction . LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

babygurl10sihuDesichiqneezmechantefilleInfinitedreams

tbpsgd3hhl Senior Member
tbpsgd3hhl
tbpsgd3hhl

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged
I believe the consummation or if it needs to be called that was beautiful.I couldnt have asked for better.Thanks alot Cvs and Makers for giving us such a delightful treats.

Warm Regards,
Mira

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DesichiqneezInfinitedreams

mechantefille IF-Rockerz
mechantefille
mechantefille

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Jugnu's latest update on FB - a reply to a fan's comment!!

Jugnu mama u were maha entertaining lyk always in d maha epi 2day. Loved ur dialogues:-) jugnu 008 needs a bakri. lolz
Saturday at 22:46  Unlike  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DesichiqneezEBassoInfinitedreams

mechantefille IF-Rockerz
mechantefille
mechantefille

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 3:30am | IP Logged

Hey gus, 
 I had spent a long time reading up on all the comments made by many people and the Idiot family on the forum. Many were positive and many more were negative. 
     I like your post Dhwanz, U emphasize the individual opinion of each viewer. And so I'll post mine after my multiple views.

True, the SR was not what most people expected, and def not what most people had specifically asked for. It was not  detailed and wasn't at all graphic. 
I was satisfied...for many reasons. As a die-hard GHSPian, I've internalized the characters to an extent that I'd probably assume I know what goes on in the characters' heads. 
  But, for a major audience across the globe, it falls flat. sure it does, but...thats ok too.

I think a lot of this is because we've imagined this for way too long, read multiple FFs, n OSs n SSs on this. Also, the audience of this era is so used to a open display of sexual promiscuity, that there's unpercieved sense of voyeurism creeping into the psyches.  As Nihu said, we're no peeping Toms, and no matter how much we love the people we see, would you really wanna see them in their private moments...?? Cause, only an esoteric few view Maan and Geet as fictional characters, and the majority in their heart of hearts see them as real people. So would we do that? 

Everyone's imagined the SR in their own way so many times, discussed at length with every possible person, so whatever came on screen was bound to cause dissensions.  So it's nicer to have it in our minds and be satisfied with it.

Apart from all that we forget an important aspect...The very humans, who get our beloved couple to reality. Drashu and Gurmeet. 

I once heard an actress say that no actor is comfortable doing intimate scenes...be it a kiss or more...why would it be different. DD and GC do it as part of their jobs. No doubt their give more than a 100% which is visible. D'oh.And they would do more, had they been asked to...think about them ya. 

Vinu had said that GC always gave a 200% and DD we already know about. But just cuz they're so hardworking doesn't mean we take advantage about it and not think of their lives. 
  I think most will agree when I say that we'd have winced and cringed had we seen our sisters, brothers, daughters, husbands, friends do intimate stuff, which we know might be a tad awkwards.  it's just a job, it's just a scene, they're professional...sure thet are...yaar, par naap tol ke yeh bhi toh kaafi serious hainaa.

ok more on this later.
  Also, the PH house has it's limitation. After seeing this for the Nth time, I came to the conclusion that the CVs had this soft n subtle show of love for a reason.  True, we've had passionate hugs, we've had hot RTM edited sequences, we've also had near kisses and passionate un/dressings shown...but this is the 1st time ever...in a sense it's their first time ever with the person who is their  everything. that lack of a hug was good in view of the other closeness that was impending.

I frankly liked the no hug no kiss bit. it was more than that...they didn't need it. The 1st time for them...so it was tender n soft and without any rash thought!(ok I'm making a bad job of explaining myself...and for all I know, the Cvs will turn the tables on my brilliant shekshy post n show a full blown SR LOLLOL he eh)... but getting back...I would hate to  have the guy not being gentle n sensitive,,,crap me still not doing a good job. hehe. Chuddo!
Evocative - that was what it was to me!

But in all honesty , I have to say that if they do go further and show more, I will definitely watch and gush about it later on with my pals. It's Maneet , at the end of the day!

Aur jo bhi mujhe likhna tha, woh main bhool gayi...sorry, i just had Mamey's tadke waali lassi -it's fuzzing up my mind.
cheers, ppl

thanks for bearing wid my opinion!

Edited by mechantefille - 16 May 2011 at 4:45am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

maaneet_piscesDesichiqneez-honeydew-

maaneet_pisces Goldie
maaneet_pisces
maaneet_pisces

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mechantefille

I think a lot of this is because we've imagined this for way too long, read multiple FFs, n OSs n SSs on this. Also, the audience of this era is so used to a open display of sexual promiscuity, that there's unpercieved sense of voyeurism creeping into the psyches.  As Nihu said, we're no peeping Toms, and no matter how much we love the people we see, would you really wanna see them in their private moments...?? Cause, only an esoteric few view Maan and Geet as fictional characters, and the majority in their heart of hearts see them as real people. So would we do that? 

U are sooo right...the SR has been penned down by amazing writers through FF's right from the day of Kurbaan Hua so almost a year people have vision and we all know no matter what , the stuff we had imagined could not be shown on screen...
and i too think that our expectations had risen to such an extent that we couldnt enjoy it like it should have been...yes i agree more could have been shown but we all need to agree when the PH says that there are reasons and why would they lie and ruin the moment when to them the show is equally important...

Apart from all that we forget an important aspect...The very humans, who get our beloved couple to reality. Drashu and Gurmeet. 

I once heard an actress say that no actor is comfortable doing intimate scenes...be it a kiss or more...why would it be different. DD and GC do it as part of their jobs. No doubt their give more than a 100% which is visible. D'oh.And they would do more, had they been asked to...think about them ya. 

Vinu had said that GC always gave a 200% and DD we already know about. But just cuz they're so hardworking doesn't mean we take advantage about it and not think of their lives. 
  I think most will agree when I say that we'd have winced and cringed had we seen our sisters, brothers, daughters, husbands, friends do intimate stuff, which we know might be a tad awkwards.  it's just a job, it's just a scene, they're professional...sure thet are...yaar, par naap tol ke yeh bhi toh kaafi serious hainaa.

I agree 100 percent...people choose to blame the CV's etc and cannot take anything against Gurti...but there could be restrictions on them and why not arent our parents, our siblings protective and have defined rules for us...we should respect their decision rather than say as actors they are not supposed to shy away from intimate scenes...i think they are amazing with hugs and touching but lack in the kissing scenes and i have no complains now because its not us living their lives..i am sure they have reason strong enough...and what matters is even without those kisses they ooze out passion...Amyyy u said it sooo perfectly...Hugi agree to each and every bit of urs!!!

Edited by maaneet_pisces - 16 May 2011 at 4:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mechantefille

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:06am | IP Logged
Since comments of peeping toms and voyerism is being repeatedly made, I feel the need to clarify. I don't think people  are being voyeristic because they would like to see a sizzling scene between their favourite couple. Sizzling does not translate in to blatantly explicit scenes.  All they want is to be shown something exciting so that their imagination can work out the rest.  There wasn't even a hug or a kiss (not even on the forehead) during the act for crying out loud. As to GC or DD feeling uncomfortable, I don't think that issue is even valid considering that they have done hotter scenes together in this very same show than the one shown that day.  This is a visual medium and there are bound to be expectations of a visual treat especially when the channel and PH have hyped so much about it in the media. 

Yes, the focus was on tender display of love and not on passion but then a simple conversation between the two to place the context of the scene would have ensured that the viewers knew what the score was.  Maan says that he wants to become a papa the previous day (to  a 18-19 year old who had recently gone through a dreadful MC).  The girl's earlier pregnancy was more an accident brought about by a fake marriage.  She decided to keep the baby, not because she was dying to be a mother but because she did not want to deprive that innocent life its right to live. Unfortunately things were not to be and she loses the baby. Now many of us felt that a replacement  for that baby by getting her pregnant again is not the way to go about it. 

The papa reference could  just be a euphemism for intimacy and going by Geet's response in the tabela, she too seems to see it that way because she did not say she wants to become a mama.  But for someone who sees both the episodes back to back and does not bother to think so deeply (after all the show is for entertainment), it may seem like the hero wanting another baby, the heroine agreeing to it and the hero then proceeding in the baby making process even when the heroine looks bone tired. If only they elaborated a little on what Maan really wanted to convey by that papa line and how Geet reacted to that, things could have been put in better perspective. Remember they have not had a proper conversation about the baby's loss after the MC. first Geet was grieving and then there was the misunderstanding between Maaneet. finally they are back together but the baby loss has still not been dealt with by them.  The act then would be viewed as a celebration of love (which it was supposed to be) rather than a means to an end (the end being the baby, as it came across to many viewers).   So the gaps in narration and execution left many disappointed and frustrated.

Edited by Opti - 16 May 2011 at 4:16am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sihuDesichiqneezSerendipity..RajeevGurtiFan

sihu Goldie
sihu
sihu

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged
(Since comments of peeping toms and voyerism is being repeatedly made, I feel the need to clarify. I don't think people  are being voyeristic because they would like to see a sizzling scene between their favourite couple. Sizzling does not translate in to blatantly explicit scenes.  All they want is to be shown something exciting so that their imagination can work out the rest.  There wasn't even a hug or a kiss (not even on the forehead) during the act for crying out loud. As to GC or DD feeling uncomfortable, I don't think that issue is even valid considering that they have done hotter scenes together in this very same show than the one shown that day.  This is a visual medium and there are bound to be expectations of a visual treat especially when the channel and PH have hyped so much about it in the media. )

I totally agree with what Opti has said.  The scenes that were expected by the fans did not have to be one of those sexually explicit scenes...of course, each one of us knows the limitations on Indian TV and the psych of the actors performing scenes.  But there was not even a kiss, and I'm not talking about lip-locks, or even a hug to show that this scene which was s'posed to be the much-hyped SR, was different from the other romantic scenes that the couple have performed.

The whole scene did not even last 5 mins...when the story is s'posed to be mainly abt them.  This step was s'posed to be a turning point in their relationship and they take it a level higher...so why was the scene so short?

Edited by sssiham - 16 May 2011 at 4:20am

Go to top