Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

HaiIi HaiIi MirchiIi...ManEEt Ve Mahii~F.E!! (Page 65)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
I did admit that Maaneet ooze passion, didn't I?In fact in the difference between this couple and the rest is that here both the leads are equally expressive unlike many where one outshines the other.  All their scenes so far have been exemplary, be it passion, romance, drama, comedy.  That is why viewers felt cheated when they were given this tired looking con.  You have already been bitten by the Maaneet bug before you watched this scene, so your view could be coloured by the love you have for the couple. 

I'm not saying that the scene was bad. In fact the scene sort of grew on me after I watched it several times.  But then Maaneet's past scenes impressed one in the first instance and did not require one to see it again to get the feel. 

I'll mention a couple of shots which could have been better.  The shot where he apparently kissed Geet's kurta irked many, especially when her bare neck was just inches away. It is only later someone said he wasn't kissing her but removing the pin with his teeth. Now if there was a closeup shot of that which would have made the act more visible to the viewer he/she could have appreciated the scene better. Then there was the shot where he pulled her by the dori after he untied it. Since this was a long shot, the viewer could not make this out in the first go.  He.she could only see Geet sway back to him (not realising that actually she was pulled towards him). Had they given us a closeup of that shot, it would have been hotter.  So you see small nuances like these make the difference. 

If you observe the Michi scene, it was perfect in these aspects. The camera angles were great, the ambiance of soft yet steamy romance was there. Shabbir was great in portraying both love and desire in his eyes and the female lead showed enough shyness to enhance the scene. While they showed a lot they also left a lot to the imagination. 

As I said, Maaneet scene may have more in store for us. So it is too early to pass a verdict on it but the 4 and a half minutes they showed was a lot less steamy than what we have seen from Maaneet so far.  I do want them to continue with the scene rather than interrupt it for some pristine setting later on. The earthy appeal of the tabela and the significance of it given their past makes it the ideal setting for their con. 

You are entitled to your views even after all this.  I wouldn't force you to agree with me.

Edited by Opti - 15 May 2011 at 8:11pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sihuDesichiqneezdrdee142EBasso49erFan

goldendays Newbie
goldendays
goldendays

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -honeydew-

Just posted this on Praises and Issues:

For me as a viewer, it was more than visually appealing.. it was deep and intense.. and left at a point where we could imagine it the way we wanted .. but hasnt Maaneet always been about that ??
This morning a friend posted some scenes of the so called consummation between couples.. the scenes and the movements looked rehearsed... and it looked like a three four step process where a girl was supposed to be shy, and the man would take the lead .. and the girl would get flown in ... Well .. all visually nice ... but certainly not real...
But look at what we have here ... Whats the first thing that occurs to one when lost in a jungle? ... romance?? hell no ...!! as normal humans our instinct would be to get outta the place ... Geet is tired ... and they use MSK's smart brains to show he cares ... he is not mushy lover ... he is a man with a presence of mind.. we know he will go that extra mile for his lady love, but that will never jeopardise anything for them... he drenches his own shirt... to provide her comfort ... the scene was soothing to the eye... and then again i sat to think... like always ... it was water that brought them a little closer... Geet does her bit as well... she isnt this compliant lady lover, who just expects her man to do everything for herr... she knows he is also perhaps thirsty ... and has experienced the same heat since they were under the same sun.. she dabs the same wet cloth onto him... and they walk ahead...
the scene where she is totally tired and comfortably falls into his arms with ease, to me she had already submitted to him emotionally and mentally ...and an act like that comes only with you know and are confident enough around the person even physically ... he carries her... thats him taking his responsiblity as the man in the relationship... i would say... if she had the strength and MSK would need her to do something of the sorts she would have done it too ...
Once into the barn, MSK thinks of the next basic need... after kapta and makan... !! The Roti ... Here Geet stopping him and explicitly expressing her desire of him being with her around her ... exuded total passion to me ... she didnt say it in those many words but in her subtle ways she expressed she wanted him close to her... if you look at it deeply... she said... meri bhook, meri pyaas... sirf aur sirf tum mita sakte ho... but but it would have been too cheesy ...and even misconstrued ... hence it was left unsaid .. LOL.. but the passion that arose outta the context was something that was beautiful to witness...
Maan's insecurities were at its best when he didnt take more than a second to conclude her answer was a no ... he asked her for something, and since he was fearing the worst, he obviously had made up his mind, it would be a no... and for a man who has always read her eyes to know her state of mind... i guess the insecure man needed verbal assurance... which he did get .. and the rest ... like they say is history...
the camera angles they used as well as the non-make up, unbraiding the hair, and him wanting to be as close as possible to her, and the diming of the lantern towards the end... left me wanting for more .. but then somewhere inside me i knew, this was scene wise an end ... but a new beginning to the Maaneet journey ...
And i dont really want a continuation to this particular scene... may be the day after would be lovely to watch, with may be a few hugs to please the disappointed lot who were looking for more "Action" ... from Maaneet ...
for me... i may love a couple .. but what happens in their bedroom stays there ...

Love,
Niha
Excellent post Niha,,, I am a silent reader for a long time but couldn't resist responding today. I too was super excited to watch this maha episode. I am a great Maaneet fan too.

I agree with your interpretation of the epsiode and the last 4 1/2 minutes were worth watching and left you want to see more..
The actors have done a fabulous job and the expression both Gurmeet and Drashti gave for entire scene was superlative  The way he was looking at her while untying the dori and her response to it was just fantastic... !!

Hope they continue where they left off on Monday... (and show whatever is allowed on Indian TV offcourse)

Edited by goldendays - 15 May 2011 at 8:21pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DesichiqneezEBasso

goldendays Newbie
goldendays
goldendays

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged

@ Opti.. I agree with what you wrote about camera angles.. I had totally missed the pin removing part until I read it on this thread... It would have been more impactful if it was a closeup..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sihuDesichiqneezEBasso

EBasso IF-Rockerz
EBasso
EBasso

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Opti - for some reason, the lack of clarity, the tiredness of the protagonists, the unappealing ambiance - was somehow all the more appealing to me.

We've seen so many brilliant and cinematically attractive scenes before, that for a long time I was craving something different. And for me, this time, I got it. I got loop closure, I got various symbolisms and I saw the depth in the simplicity of the scene that I had been craving for a while.  I was tired of their silly nok jhoks and their pulling and shoving and grabbing the usual way. I was longing for something unconventional. This scene was NOT my dream come true only because I am obsessed with maneet. Trust me, I have done major halla bols everywhere when I don't agree with something. The latest example of this was the whole Maan apology sequence and geet's characterization during that whole track. I yelled and screamed to see some logic in her actions. We didn't get it and I was disappointed. I've moved on. But this time around, I was truly content with the scene we got... and I am happily hopeful for what's to come next Embarrassed

Hope I didn't offend you in any way. Luvey is a friend so we fool around with her too, thus the lighter tone of my earlier post Tongue

Edited by dtri - 15 May 2011 at 8:42pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Desichiqneezmechantefille

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
You are entitled to your views as I said.

It is not like I did not like the scene but to be frank my first reaction was disappointment and I had to rewatche the scene again and again to catch what I missed the first time around, not only in terms of picturisation but also in terms of context. Here is what I posted in the den regarding the context which many took objection to.

Well here's a thought on why Maan brought up the intimacy issue in an inopportune time.  Maan's desire for his wife has been growing over the days and it had peaked during the KC preparations when he for the first time unabashedly stared at his wife while she changed her clothes. He finally blurted out what was in his heart on the night of the KC in the terrace, making a statement that he wanted to become a papa which left many of us stupefied and indignant. 

I've already said how Geet's silence in the matter after he brought it up the previous day was plaguing him through the day when they set out for the wedding.  He was trying to decipher her feelings and the events of the day showed him different facets of her love.

Through the scene where she wipes his face with his shirt after he wrings the water from it on to her face to cool and refresh her, she showed him that she cared for him as much he did for her.

In the scene where she lays her head on his bare chest in response to his query where will they take shelter in the barren land, she showed him that she trusts him completely to take care of her.  He showed her that her trust was not misplaced by lifting her up in his weary arms and carrying her to safety.

In the scene where she holds his arm back, asking him not to leave her for she was sacred to be alone, she showed that she needed him. 

So he knew she cared for him, trusted him and needed him but he wanted to know for sure that she wanted him as much as he wanted her. 

As I said, her silence still baffled him.  He knew she had desired him in the past but all those instances where she displayed her desire for him were before the MC.  The MC was a huge emotional and physical blow to her.  He wasn't sure she has fully recovered from it.  So he searched her eyes for his answer, for  her lips were not giving him any.

When she lowered those eyes, he resigned himself to waiting for some more time but her quick reassurance that she did want him as much gladdened his heart and he gratefully accepted her invitation to celebrate their love. 

Edited by Opti - 15 May 2011 at 8:50pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

goldendayssihuDesichiqneezmechantefilledrdee142

EBasso IF-Rockerz
EBasso
EBasso

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Yes I had read this earlier and your other posts on this subject too. I am not against all who are disappointed. I can understand their perspective. I will understand it even more if tomorrow is dry and scenes are cut short. I also understand that the scene left much to the viewer imagination and may not have been as crisp and obvious as previous sequences have been. No disagreement there. So I respect your POV.

I just keep reiterating how I was affected by the scene. to me, it was up to par and I saw what I had been wanting to see.

I think ultimately what I understand from what I've been reading of both sides is that something that has been this eagerly awaited, needs to be given the right amount of justice. And I am not worried because I am so hopeful that more is in store for us.

I'll join your league of disappointment if it doesn't continue tomorrow :)

One more thing: I would NOT mind if the SR is actually interrupted by some unavoidable factors, and postponed altogether! That would probably end up being more of a middle ground to this! Just another POV.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DesichiqneezmechantefilleInfinitedreams

EBasso IF-Rockerz
EBasso
EBasso

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Princess and Luvey - This one is for you two!!!

I am a bit emotional... at the moment!!! You guys have me hooked!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Desichiqneez

Infinitedreams IF-Stunnerz
Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Hellooo

What's going on here?

Muniza

Go to top