Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maaneet_pisces thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
hey Opti a agree to a lot of parts of your post 😊

Since comments of peeping toms and voyerism is being repeatedly made, I feel the need to clarify. I don't think people  are being voyeristic because they would like to see a sizzling scene between their favourite couple. Sizzling does not translate in to blatantly explicit scenes.  All they want is to be shown something exciting so that their imagination can work out the rest.  There wasn't even a hug or a kiss (not even on the forehead) during the act for crying out loud. As to GC or DD feeling uncomfortable, I don't think that issue is even valid considering that they have done hotter scenes together in this very same show than the one shown that day.  This is a visual medium and there are bound to be expectations of a visual treat especially when the channel and PH have hyped so much about it in the media. 

Okay Opti tell me once when u have seen Gurmeet and Drashti giving a proper kiss,??havent we forever complained about kisses on the ornaments, light feathered kisses and fatherly kisses...it is very clear that they are okay with hugging and touching but not kissing... and the fact that they should not behave like this and comply...as i said we cant live their lives or take decisions for them right???? we cant complain for this one aspect when they are giving us more than we can expect in all the other aspects!!!I agree their could have been a little bit more and the reaction would have not been soo bad but again as i said why would the show deliberately want to ruin this moment which has been awaited sooo long...if they have quoted they have reasons which cannot be disclosed we should believe them...

Yes, the focus was on tender display of love and not on passion but then a simple conversation between the two to place the context of the scene would have ensured that the viewers knew what the score was.  Maan says that he wants to become a papa the previous day (to  a 18-19 year old who had recently gone through a dreadful MC).  The girl's earlier pregnancy was more an accident brought about by a fake marriage.  She decided to keep the baby, not because she was dying to be a mother but because she did not want to deprive that innocent life its right to live. Unfortunately things were not to be and she loses the baby. Now many of us felt that a replacement  for that baby by getting her pregnant again is not the way to go about it. 

Very true...i just feel this line has a deeper meaning and is a hint to the future track they have in mind...nevertheless i too agree that an 18 year old girl would not wanna become pregnant again soo soon...all i can say to this is we can just wait and watch!!!

The papa reference could  just be a euphemism for intimacy and going by Geet's response in the tabela, she too seems to see it that way because she did not say she wants to become a mama.  But for someone who sees both the episodes back to back and does not bother to think so deeply (after all the show is for entertainment), it may seem like the hero wanting another baby, the heroine agreeing to it and the hero then proceeding in the baby making process even when the heroine looks bone tired. If only they elaborated a little on what Maan really wanted to convey by that papa line and how Geet reacted to that, things could have been put in better perspective. Remember they have not had a proper conversation about the baby's loss after the MC. first Geet was grieving and then there was the misunderstanding between Maaneet. finally they are back together but the baby loss has still not been dealt with by them.  The act then would be viewed as a celebration of love (which it was supposed to be) rather than a means to an end (the end being the baby, as it came across to many viewers).   So the gaps in narration and execution left many disappointed and frustrated.

I agree 100 percent to this...Monologues of the characters and matured conversation between the 2 characters is definitely a huge point of concern...they really need to show that...but whenever they are in the same frame they end up showing some romantic scene which is drooled by the audience and i think they conclude that this is what everyone wants...all i can say is i hope that now that they have had the SR the relationship will focus on conversations and not the romantic teasing sessions...
Edited by maaneet_pisces - 12 years ago
maaneet_pisces thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -honeydew-

Hey Am ...

I am really glad you wrote this, since these were the very thoughts in my head, may be i was just beinf too lazy and not writing since, i have almost written off the reactions i would perhaps get outta it except a select few ...
how easy or tough would it be for an actor to do a scene such as that in the name of acting, is only for the actor to tell.. we all saw how Dhrashti fainted on the sets the other day... we also know the previous episode had Maan and Geet not shoot in the same frame .. i was only thinking of the disorientation an actor would have to face on a given day to suit different situations... a viewer/fan would conveniently argue, thats their job and they are being paid for it.. but just cos someone gets a price for something is it fair enough to push them to the hilt... if its pushing thats the issue, then i must admit, DD and GC pushed themselves to their best in the given scenario and delivered what was expected of them...

very well said...again people say that they should not have shown if the leads were tired...but what we as audience fail to understand is you cannot change the script at last minute...what goes behind getting the script okayed by the channel etc is sthng we dont know right...about the being paid part u are soo right...they too have their lives, their family and their decisions...they are as human as we are...when we are working on our jobs dont we say no to several things because it might not be liked by our relatives or families...DD and GC have always given their best and thats the reaon they have soo many crazy fans...what we fail to understand is that amidst all the criticism we might just be demoralising them and disppointing them...yes criticism should be there as it gives scope for improvement but xcessive bashing will always lead to the downfall...

i must say maaneet have made such a place in our lives that we think we know them as real people .. and to most that live the romantic side of their life through maaneet it could have been a disappointment... but i wuld like to reiterate... at the end of the day, its not us and what we want that plays on screen... its what Maan and Geet as individual characters want ...
would we go and tell a friend, you are not supposed to kiss your girl friend this way... or would we say, this will not turn her on since it didnt turn me on... LOL... no !! the very idea sounds creepy to me... but sadly one doesnt think this far... and why would they ... 
when they dont get what they want, they say you are not listening to fans... and when they still do they want more... either ways there is never a way out !!

there is nothing more to add you have said this perfectly...

i was reading the comments on the four lines wall yesterday where most people had spammed on the congratulatory note ...and bashed Geet... the person concerned couldnt help but react at one point and say, when we did show the so called sensible story we never got the numbers .. i am hence sure they know what they are doing.. and i totally love the way they are doing it ...!!
a simple principle in economics says... "wants are unlimited, but the means to satisfy them are always limited... " ... !!

Agreed last night at 4 lions walls it was havoc and quite disapponting...as an audience i felt disappointed then i donot noe as the maker what the person might have felt...there is a way of criticising...shouting out names, abusing, bashing is termed rude...and yesterday it was plain rude...third time saying the same thing but why would any PH or any unit want to deliberately ruin their moment of success and gather such reactions...i hardly remember post being made on 4 lions appreciating them about Geet but criticism is always there...arent we all humans who crave for compliments...no more to say...i just wish that we donot forget all those sensational moments this show has provided us and think about those before criticising so excessively...

mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
just updated my post on page 68
mechantefille thumbnail
Originally posted by: -honeydew-

Hey Am ...

I am really glad you wrote this, since these were the very thoughts in my head, may be i was just beinf too lazy and not writing since, i have almost written off the reactions i would perhaps get outta it except a select few ...

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

how easy or tough would it be for an actor to do a scene such as that in the name of acting, is only for the actor to tell.. we all saw how Dhrashti fainted on the sets the other day... we also know the previous episode had Maan and Geet not shoot in the same frame .. i was only thinking of the disorientation an actor would have to face on a given day to suit different situations... a viewer/fan would conveniently argue, thats their job and they are being paid for it.. but just cos someone gets a price for something is it fair enough to push them to the hilt... if its pushing thats the issue, then i must admit, DD and GC pushed themselves to their best in the given scenario and delivered what was expected of them...
how can the makers of a show offend the sensiblities of an older set of audience that perhaps may not want to view certain scenes on TV .. we are talking about a weekend prime time slot, where perhaps an entire family would be sitting together and watching a show .. how easy would it be for all mothers to sit with their mothers, as well as their daughters and watch the show if there were a few moments that would make you blush, cringe or unsettle in your chairs?
That would have to be me, Me ME!! I watched under the pretext of texting someone hidden behind my knees...sad but true!🤣
I love DD, and had i been a family member, I'd not have liked her getting into all this under the pretext of ''just doing her job'. I love her for putting herself out there and doing a bang up job...but I'd hate to be the reason behind her being uncomfortable. Ditto for GC.
Shesh imagine her mum or even Debina.

Maaneet's passion has always come through their eyes and their need to be together .. always ... its been over 8 months now since that hot Pee Loon Sequence happened between the leads ... how was last night different? it was only executed different.. i pray why would any one want to repeat what they already showed... would a maker while shooting a scene think, there were 5 kisses in a normal scenes, i will have to insert 8 to make this better ... No !! i am sure thats not how one conceives or perceives a scene...!
the entire build up of the Maaneet union was so beautiful... i had goosebumps ...the thought of it even now makes my heart beat fast ... whats the fun in showing it all anyway ... how many people would actually look at a bikini clad woman and say she is hot ... as opposed to a Geet who is wearing a saree with a spag strapped blouse... its a matter of perception..
It's all about the attitude...a girl covered frm head to toe can be sexy if she has the right body language and the attitude...It's all in the mind  - in my mind it was beautiful!!
So true, DD looked every bit of the classic HOT in that full sleeved kurta...in the last scene ie. 
And why does a kiss/hug always have to be the thing that starts it all...just cuz it's been shown by millions of shows and movies worldwide? 
I always say Maneet is hatke and they are!! It's been proven time and again.

and like you rightly pointed out, its that debate thats going on between the mind of a viewer and what we see on screen thats making all the difference...
For me, Maaneet have always been this classic couple what with songs like hum tum ek kamre main, teri deewani, RTM and hum tum aur bandhenge ...
does a man have to necessarily touch a woman in 10 different places to show he loves her ... 
does he always have to embrace her to tell her she lives that close to his heart...
does a woman always have to initiate a physical gesture from her side to show she has total faith in her lover?
I am not sayin these things are not important... i am only saying, all these could be suggestive just the way they made it appear...
I think i know what the problem is... the makers have left for all to imagine what happens next .. and this anticipation of what could have happened and what would have happened is ruining their nights of sleep...
i must say maaneet have made such a place in our lives that we think we know them as real people .. and to most that live the romantic side of their life through maaneet it could have been a disappointment... but i wuld like to reiterate... at the end of the day, its not us and what we want that plays on screen... its what Maan and Geet as individual characters want ...
would we go and tell a friend, you are not supposed to kiss your girl friend this way... or would we say, this will not turn her on since it didnt turn me on... LOL... no !! the very idea sounds creepy to me... but sadly one doesnt think this far... and why would they ... 
when they dont get what they want, they say you are not listening to fans... and when they still do they want more... either ways there is never a way out !!
👏Taaliyan...I pity the  CVs and thank God for not putting me in their shoes. Lets jus apreciate the beauty of what we have, instead of craving the unlikely.

i was reading the comments on the four lines wall yesterday where most people had spammed on the congratulatory note ...and bashed Geet... the person concerned couldnt help but react at one point and say, when we did show the so called sensible story we never got the numbers .. i am hence sure they know what they are doing.. and i totally love the way they are doing it ...!!
a simple principle in economics says... "wants are unlimited, but the means to satisfy them are always limited... " ... !!
Of course they would...seedhe ungli se ghee nahi nikalta toh...they too have agendas to fulfill...and Yeah me lubhing it too.

Love,
Niha

Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
mechantefille thumbnail
Originally posted by: maaneet_pisces

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Niha, it is not about the number of hugs or kisses. The context of the act was not properly placed.  References to becoming papa left the viewer confused as to why were they proceeding with the con, especially when both of them obviously looked tired. Was it a display of love or was it to make babies to replace the one they lost. Not eveyone is well versed with euphemisms. Not every one thinks deeply about a scene. It is the fault of the PH and the channel to highlight the con when all they alloted for it was 4 and a half minutes of the 40-45 minute show.  So is it right to play with the feelings of the viewers to gain trps? If they do then they should be prepared for the brickbats as well for after all the very same viewer does heap praises when scenes are executed well.  If GC or DD were not fully fit, the PH and Channel should have taken their comfort into consideration and not bothered to show any such scene between them till they are well again. Looks like they too are exploiting the actors.

I may be in the small minority who enjoyed  the scene (that too after watching it for a number of times till I pieced together the unexplained bits).  Not everyone would have the patience to go back and try to figure out what they actually saw, would they?  
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: maaneet_pisces

hey Opti a agree to a lot of parts of your post 😊

Since comments of peeping toms and voyerism is being repeatedly made, I feel the need to clarify. I don't think people  are being voyeristic because they would like to see a sizzling scene between their favourite couple. Sizzling does not translate in to blatantly explicit scenes.  All they want is to be shown something exciting so that their imagination can work out the rest.  There wasn't even a hug or a kiss (not even on the forehead) during the act for crying out loud. As to GC or DD feeling uncomfortable, I don't think that issue is even valid considering that they have done hotter scenes together in this very same show than the one shown that day.  This is a visual medium and there are bound to be expectations of a visual treat especially when the channel and PH have hyped so much about it in the media. 

Okay Opti tell me once when u have seen Gurmeet and Drashti giving a proper kiss,??havent we forever complained about kisses on the ornaments, light feathered kisses and fatherly kisses...it is very clear that they are okay with hugging and touching but not kissing... and the fact that they should not behave like this and comply...as i said we cant live their lives or take decisions for them right???? we cant complain for this one aspect when they are giving us more than we can expect in all the other aspects!!!I agree their could have been a little bit more and the reaction would have not been soo bad but again as i said why would the show deliberately want to ruin this moment which has been awaited sooo long...if they have quoted they have reasons which cannot be disclosed we should believe them...

I don't think DD has a problem. She has already kissed him on the cheek. GC too has of late kissed her hand. He has kissed her eyelids, forehead, hair etc.  Shoddy camera angles and editing may not have given the necessary effect but that does not mean the actors have not done such scenes because they have. Why would they want to ruin their own show? That is a question only they can answer.  Why did they continue with Dev redemption track even when no one wanted it?  Earlier AS was blamed for refusing to play a negative role but he has quit and I doubt SS has such hangups since he has already played such negative roles and is darned good at it. So why continue with Dev's saintly acts and even introduce a love track for him?Yet they continue with this Dev-Nandini track though I doubt anybody really wants such a track.   Is there any logic in his continuing to live in Beeji's house while Balwant lives as a driver so that he can win over the family as Maan?  If they cannot disclose a reason, it is as good as not existing for me. What good does it do even if it does? 

Yes, the focus was on tender display of love and not on passion but then a simple conversation between the two to place the context of the scene would have ensured that the viewers knew what the score was.  Maan says that he wants to become a papa the previous day (to  a 18-19 year old who had recently gone through a dreadful MC).  The girl's earlier pregnancy was more an accident brought about by a fake marriage.  She decided to keep the baby, not because she was dying to be a mother but because she did not want to deprive that innocent life its right to live. Unfortunately things were not to be and she loses the baby. Now many of us felt that a replacement  for that baby by getting her pregnant again is not the way to go about it. 

Very true...i just feel this line has a deeper meaning and is a hint to the future track they have in mind...nevertheless i too agree that an 18 year old girl would not wanna become pregnant again soo soon...all i can say to this is we can just wait and watch!!!

If they are paving the way for the future track ( of maybe fertility issues) then it is really pathetic. There are so many differnt things they can explore before going the baby route again. can they not explore how Geet pursues her education with Maan's help or maybe goes into business with him? We have still not been told about Maan's past with his parents. That can be an interesting track too. There is the mysterious Vicky.  They can show how Geet finds him and gets him into the family by appeasing Maan's anger against him.  Everything need not be tied to the reproductive organs.

The papa reference could  just be a euphemism for intimacy and going by Geet's response in the tabela, she too seems to see it that way because she did not say she wants to become a mama.  But for someone who sees both the episodes back to back and does not bother to think so deeply (after all the show is for entertainment), it may seem like the hero wanting another baby, the heroine agreeing to it and the hero then proceeding in the baby making process even when the heroine looks bone tired. If only they elaborated a little on what Maan really wanted to convey by that papa line and how Geet reacted to that, things could have been put in better perspective. Remember they have not had a proper conversation about the baby's loss after the MC. first Geet was grieving and then there was the misunderstanding between Maaneet. finally they are back together but the baby loss has still not been dealt with by them.  The act then would be viewed as a celebration of love (which it was supposed to be) rather than a means to an end (the end being the baby, as it came across to many viewers).   So the gaps in narration and execution left many disappointed and frustrated.

I agree 100 percent to this...Monologues of the characters and matured conversation between the 2 characters is definitely a huge point of concern...they really need to show that...but whenever they are in the same frame they end up showing some romantic scene which is drooled by the audience and i think they conclude that this is what everyone wants...all i can say is i hope that now that they have had the SR the relationship will focus on conversations and not the romantic teasing sessions...

I dont agree with your last point. Romance and teasing goes on throughout a couple's life and does not stop with consummation. I've been married for 16 years and my hubby and I still tease each other and we have our romantic moments too. They can show matured conversations when the need arises and intersperse it with romance and teasing. Nobody will complain.  

Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
-honeydew- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Opti

Niha, it is not about the number of hugs or kisses. The context of the act was not properly placed.  References to becoming papa left the viewer confused as to why were they proceeding with the con, especially when both of them obviously looked tired. Was it a display of love or was it to make babies to replace the one they lost. Not eveyone is well versed with euphemisms.

i think it was just incidental that the con happened... the biggest problem with the promotion of this particular sequence was the leaking of the news that there was to be a consummation.. on their part the PH nor the channel let the news out that this was to happen.. IF did .. and people started to speculate.. if you look at it from the POV of the makers, they only released a promo saying there is something big that is to happen in the love lives of maaneet ... and i think .. Maan telling her he wants to be a papa was something that he told her to let her know he wanted to take their relationship forward .. tha doesnt mean his one point agenda was to get her laid at the next best opportunity and chance he would get ... it was a beautiful moment where both of them almost after months of living separately under the same roof despite being married got to spend time together .. it didnt mean they had to do it then.. it just meant, they couldnt stop themselves from coming close to one another.. atleast thats the way i look at it... why make Con the object ... it was just that it lead to it in that moment ...and we dont even know wads gonna happen today... what if Maan just puts her off to sleep and tells her ... she is very tired .. do we know? may be we are reacting in haste ... and now having said this, even if that were to be the actual act of consummation, i wouldnt mind since, i loved the way they came together in that situation...

Not every one thinks deeply about a scene. It is the fault of the PH and the channel to highlight the con when all they alloted for it was 4 and a half minutes of the 40-45 minute show.  So is it right to play with the feelings of the viewers to gain trps? If they do then they should be prepared for the brickbats as well for after all the very same viewer does heap praises when scenes are executed well.  If GC or DD were not fully fit, the PH and Channel should have taken their comfort into consideration and not bothered to show any such scene between them till they are well again. Looks like they too are exploiting the actors.

i dont think they played with the emotions in anyway .. how much time can one allot to an intimate moment like that ... no show does it ... cos they cater to a whole lot of other audience .. StarOne anyway is branded as a youth channel... if they begin to show more explicit stuff they will get unwanted attention ... the other day when i went to the sets of Cinevistas i saw the posters of MNS stuck outside ... i still remember wad happened when they tried to show intimate scenes in that show .. ofcourse the whole situation was different .. but i think the entire channel in general is wary .. and wants to stay accepted ... that apart .. mostly, i can sense from the body langauge of the leads that they perhaps cant go beyond a point and the makers do try their best to cater to the same .. and in case of fans they always want moments, they always want scenes between the leads.. i am threadin into another area that perhaps borders on speculation so i will leave it at that..
answering you question, what if the leads were supposed to look tired... what prevented them from giving DD slight make up? GC looked fine to me ? may be it was deliberate...and it worked for me atleast...

I may be in the small minority who enjoyed  the scene (that too after watching it for a number of times till I pieced together the unexplained bits).  Not everyone would have the patience to go back and try to figure out what they actually saw, would they?  

well yea, everyone wouldnt have the time or the patience to watch it time and again to put the jigsaw together.. but then again, i didnt have to watch it so many times to get the feel i did.. i know alot of people who loved what they watched.. and some of those that complained seem to comlplain only had issues with lack of physical intimacy between teh leads.. yes thee time was surrely an issue and i wouldnt have minded it being longer... but then again like i always say, i am a satisfied soul when it comes to GHSP... i love it enough to accept what i get!

-honeydew- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Maharani Dhwwani sahiba... Padhaar rahi hai ...!!

Pepepepepeepepepeee !!!🤗
EBasso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
LOL Princesss 🤗

Bahot shukriya for the grand welcome!!!!

AMRUUU  🤗

ANKAAA  🤗

arrey yahaan to heated discussion abhi bhi chal raha hai...

mein puri raat so ke waapis aa gayi 😛

Hello Opti!!!