Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soniyas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Opti

I did admit that Maaneet ooze passion, didn't I?In fact in the difference between this couple and the rest is that here both the leads are equally expressive unlike many where one outshines the other.  All their scenes so far have been exemplary, be it passion, romance, drama, comedy.  That is why viewers felt cheated when they were given this tired looking con.  You have already been bitten by the Maaneet bug before you watched this scene, so your view could be coloured by the love you have for the couple. 

I'm not saying that the scene was bad. In fact the scene sort of grew on me after I watched it several times.  But then Maaneet's past scenes impressed one in the first instance and did not require one to see it again to get the feel.    

Well said!!

I'll mention a couple of shots which could have been better.  The shot where he apparently kissed Geet's kurta irked many, especially when her bare neck was just inches away. It is only later someone said he wasn't kissing her but removing the pin with his teeth. Now if there was a closeup shot of that which would have made the act more visible to the viewer he/she could have appreciated the scene better. Then there was the shot where he pulled her by the dori after he untied it. Since this was a long shot, the viewer could not make this out in the first go.  He.she could only see Geet sway back to him (not realising that actually she was pulled towards him). Had they given us a closeup of that shot, it would have been hotter.  So you see small nuances like these make the difference. 

Bang on...Also when Geet said she wanted to take this relation further if she could have just touched his face like she always does..it would have been more impact full but sorry to say that for the first time DD had a flat face while saying "dont go i am scared"...otherwise she is always brilliant with her expressions..in fact i felt as if she was angry with MSK...

If you observe the Michi scene, it was perfect in these aspects. The camera angles were great, the ambiance of soft yet steamy romance was there. Shabbir was great in portraying both love and desire in his eyes and the female lead showed enough shyness to enhance the scene. While they showed a lot they also left a lot to the imagination. 

As I said, Maaneet scene may have more in store for us. So it is too early to pass a verdict on it but the 4 and a half minutes they showed was a lot less steamy than what we have seen from Maaneet so far.  I do want them to continue with the scene rather than interrupt it for some pristine setting later on. The earthy appeal of the tabela and the significance of it given their past makes it the ideal setting for their con. 

You are entitled to your views even after all this.  I wouldn't force you to agree with me.

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -honeydew-

Hey there ... its been a while since i replied to your posts.. hoping you are well...😊

I'm fine, thank you.

Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
76manesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Hello Vinuji . 😊

What is Vinuji constructing so much . She is not seen from Friday . 😕

Vinuji did you finish you con
struction . 😆

tbpsgd3hhl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I believe the consummation or if it needs to be called that was beautiful.I couldnt have asked for better.Thanks alot Cvs and Makers for giving us such a delightful treats.

Warm Regards,
Mira
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Jugnu's latest update on FB - a reply to a fan's comment!!

Jugnu mama u were maha entertaining lyk always in d maha epi 2day. Loved ur dialogues:-) jugnu 008 needs a bakri. lolz
Saturday at 22:46  Unlike  
mechantefille thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey gus, 
 I had spent a long time reading up on all the comments made by many people and the Idiot family on the forum. Many were positive and many more were negative. 
     I like your post Dhwanz, U emphasize the individual opinion of each viewer. And so I'll post mine after my multiple views.

True, the SR was not what most people expected, and def not what most people had specifically asked for. It was not  detailed and wasn't at all graphic. 
I was satisfied...for many reasons. As a die-hard GHSPian, I've internalized the characters to an extent that I'd probably assume I know what goes on in the characters' heads. 
  But, for a major audience across the globe, it falls flat. sure it does, but...thats ok too.

I think a lot of this is because we've imagined this for way too long, read multiple FFs, n OSs n SSs on this. Also, the audience of this era is so used to a open display of sexual promiscuity, that there's unpercieved sense of voyeurism creeping into the psyches.  As Nihu said, we're no peeping Toms, and no matter how much we love the people we see, would you really wanna see them in their private moments...?? Cause, only an esoteric few view Maan and Geet as fictional characters, and the majority in their heart of hearts see them as real people. So would we do that? 

Everyone's imagined the SR in their own way so many times, discussed at length with every possible person, so whatever came on screen was bound to cause dissensions.  So it's nicer to have it in our minds and be satisfied with it.

Apart from all that we forget an important aspect...The very humans, who get our beloved couple to reality. Drashu and Gurmeet. 

I once heard an actress say that no actor is comfortable doing intimate scenes...be it a kiss or more...why would it be different. DD and GC do it as part of their jobs. No doubt their give more than a 100% which is visible. D'oh.And they would do more, had they been asked to...think about them ya. 

Vinu had said that GC always gave a 200% and DD we already know about. But just cuz they're so hardworking doesn't mean we take advantage about it and not think of their lives. 
  I think most will agree when I say that we'd have winced and cringed had we seen our sisters, brothers, daughters, husbands, friends do intimate stuff, which we know might be a tad awkwards.  it's just a job, it's just a scene, they're professional...sure thet are...yaar, par naap tol ke yeh bhi toh kaafi serious hainaa.

ok more on this later.
  Also, the PH house has it's limitation. After seeing this for the Nth time, I came to the conclusion that the CVs had this soft n subtle show of love for a reason.  True, we've had passionate hugs, we've had hot RTM edited sequences, we've also had near kisses and passionate un/dressings shown...but this is the 1st time ever...in a sense it's their first time ever with the person who is their  everything. that lack of a hug was good in view of the other closeness that was impending.

I frankly liked the no hug no kiss bit. it was more than that...they didn't need it. The 1st time for them...so it was tender n soft and without any rash thought!(ok I'm making a bad job of explaining myself...and for all I know, the Cvs will turn the tables on my brilliant shekshy post n show a full blown SR ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† he eh)... but getting back...I would hate to  have the guy not being gentle n sensitive,,,crap me still not doing a good job. hehe. Chuddo!
Evocative - that was what it was to me!

But in all honesty , I have to say that if they do go further and show more, I will definitely watch and gush about it later on with my pals. It's Maneet , at the end of the day!

Aur jo bhi mujhe likhna tha, woh main bhool gayi...sorry, i just had Mamey's tadke waali lassi -it's fuzzing up my mind.
cheers, ppl

thanks for bearing wid my opinion!

Edited by mechantefille - 12 years ago
maaneet_pisces thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mechantefille

I think a lot of this is because we've imagined this for way too long, read multiple FFs, n OSs n SSs on this. Also, the audience of this era is so used to a open display of sexual promiscuity, that there's unpercieved sense of voyeurism creeping into the psyches.  As Nihu said, we're no peeping Toms, and no matter how much we love the people we see, would you really wanna see them in their private moments...?? Cause, only an esoteric few view Maan and Geet as fictional characters, and the majority in their heart of hearts see them as real people. So would we do that? 

U are sooo right...the SR has been penned down by amazing writers through FF's right from the day of Kurbaan Hua so almost a year people have vision and we all know no matter what , the stuff we had imagined could not be shown on screen...
and i too think that our expectations had risen to such an extent that we couldnt enjoy it like it should have been...yes i agree more could have been shown but we all need to agree when the PH says that there are reasons and why would they lie and ruin the moment when to them the show is equally important...

Apart from all that we forget an important aspect...The very humans, who get our beloved couple to reality. Drashu and Gurmeet. 

I once heard an actress say that no actor is comfortable doing intimate scenes...be it a kiss or more...why would it be different. DD and GC do it as part of their jobs. No doubt their give more than a 100% which is visible. D'oh.And they would do more, had they been asked to...think about them ya. 

Vinu had said that GC always gave a 200% and DD we already know about. But just cuz they're so hardworking doesn't mean we take advantage about it and not think of their lives. 
  I think most will agree when I say that we'd have winced and cringed had we seen our sisters, brothers, daughters, husbands, friends do intimate stuff, which we know might be a tad awkwards.  it's just a job, it's just a scene, they're professional...sure thet are...yaar, par naap tol ke yeh bhi toh kaafi serious hainaa.

I agree 100 percent...people choose to blame the CV's etc and cannot take anything against Gurti...but there could be restrictions on them and why not arent our parents, our siblings protective and have defined rules for us...we should respect their decision rather than say as actors they are not supposed to shy away from intimate scenes...i think they are amazing with hugs and touching but lack in the kissing scenes and i have no complains now because its not us living their lives..i am sure they have reason strong enough...and what matters is even without those kisses they ooze out passion...Amyyy u said it sooo perfectly...🤗i agree to each and every bit of urs!!!

Edited by maaneet_pisces - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Since comments of peeping toms and voyerism is being repeatedly made, I feel the need to clarify. I don't think people  are being voyeristic because they would like to see a sizzling scene between their favourite couple. Sizzling does not translate in to blatantly explicit scenes.  All they want is to be shown something exciting so that their imagination can work out the rest.  There wasn't even a hug or a kiss (not even on the forehead) during the act for crying out loud. As to GC or DD feeling uncomfortable, I don't think that issue is even valid considering that they have done hotter scenes together in this very same show than the one shown that day.  This is a visual medium and there are bound to be expectations of a visual treat especially when the channel and PH have hyped so much about it in the media. 

Yes, the focus was on tender display of love and not on passion but then a simple conversation between the two to place the context of the scene would have ensured that the viewers knew what the score was.  Maan says that he wants to become a papa the previous day (to  a 18-19 year old who had recently gone through a dreadful MC).  The girl's earlier pregnancy was more an accident brought about by a fake marriage.  She decided to keep the baby, not because she was dying to be a mother but because she did not want to deprive that innocent life its right to live. Unfortunately things were not to be and she loses the baby. Now many of us felt that a replacement  for that baby by getting her pregnant again is not the way to go about it. 

The papa reference could  just be a euphemism for intimacy and going by Geet's response in the tabela, she too seems to see it that way because she did not say she wants to become a mama.  But for someone who sees both the episodes back to back and does not bother to think so deeply (after all the show is for entertainment), it may seem like the hero wanting another baby, the heroine agreeing to it and the hero then proceeding in the baby making process even when the heroine looks bone tired. If only they elaborated a little on what Maan really wanted to convey by that papa line and how Geet reacted to that, things could have been put in better perspective. Remember they have not had a proper conversation about the baby's loss after the MC. first Geet was grieving and then there was the misunderstanding between Maaneet. finally they are back together but the baby loss has still not been dealt with by them.  The act then would be viewed as a celebration of love (which it was supposed to be) rather than a means to an end (the end being the baby, as it came across to many viewers).   So the gaps in narration and execution left many disappointed and frustrated.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
sihu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
(Since comments of peeping toms and voyerism is being repeatedly made, I feel the need to clarify. I don't think people  are being voyeristic because they would like to see a sizzling scene between their favourite couple. Sizzling does not translate in to blatantly explicit scenes.  All they want is to be shown something exciting so that their imagination can work out the rest.  There wasn't even a hug or a kiss (not even on the forehead) during the act for crying out loud. As to GC or DD feeling uncomfortable, I don't think that issue is even valid considering that they have done hotter scenes together in this very same show than the one shown that day.  This is a visual medium and there are bound to be expectations of a visual treat especially when the channel and PH have hyped so much about it in the media. )

I totally agree with what Opti has said.  The scenes that were expected by the fans did not have to be one of those sexually explicit scenes...of course, each one of us knows the limitations on Indian TV and the psych of the actors performing scenes.  But there was not even a kiss, and I'm not talking about lip-locks, or even a hug to show that this scene which was s'posed to be the much-hyped SR, was different from the other romantic scenes that the couple have performed.

The whole scene did not even last 5 mins...when the story is s'posed to be mainly abt them.  This step was s'posed to be a turning point in their relationship and they take it a level higher...so why was the scene so short? Edited by sssiham - 12 years ago
-honeydew- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Am ...

I am really glad you wrote this, since these were the very thoughts in my head, may be i was just beinf too lazy and not writing since, i have almost written off the reactions i would perhaps get outta it except a select few ...
how easy or tough would it be for an actor to do a scene such as that in the name of acting, is only for the actor to tell.. we all saw how Dhrashti fainted on the sets the other day... we also know the previous episode had Maan and Geet not shoot in the same frame .. i was only thinking of the disorientation an actor would have to face on a given day to suit different situations... a viewer/fan would conveniently argue, thats their job and they are being paid for it.. but just cos someone gets a price for something is it fair enough to push them to the hilt... if its pushing thats the issue, then i must admit, DD and GC pushed themselves to their best in the given scenario and delivered what was expected of them...
how can the makers of a show offend the sensiblities of an older set of audience that perhaps may not want to view certain scenes on TV .. we are talking about a weekend prime time slot, where perhaps an entire family would be sitting together and watching a show .. how easy would it be for all mothers to sit with their mothers, as well as their daughters and watch the show if there were a few moments that would make you blush, cringe or unsettle in your chairs?
Maaneet's passion has always come through their eyes and their need to be together .. always ... its been over 8 months now since that hot Pee Loon Sequence happened between the leads ... how was last night different? it was only executed different.. i pray why would any one want to repeat what they already showed... would a maker while shooting a scene think, there were 5 kisses in a normal scenes, i will have to insert 8 to make this better ... No !! i am sure thats not how one conceives or perceives a scene...!
the entire build up of the Maaneet union was so beautiful... i had goosebumps ...the thought of it even now makes my heart beat fast ... whats the fun in showing it all anyway ... how many people would actually look at a bikini clad woman and say she is hot ... as opposed to a Geet who is wearing a saree with a spag strapped blouse... its a matter of perception..
and like you rightly pointed out, its that debate thats going on between the mind of a viewer and what we see on screen thats making all the difference...
For me, Maaneet have always been this classic couple what with songs like hum tum ek kamre main, teri deewani, RTM and hum tum aur bandhenge ...
does a man have to necessarily touch a woman in 10 different places to show he loves her ... 
does he always have to embrace her to tell her she lives that close to his heart...
does a woman always have to initiate a physical gesture from her side to show she has total faith in her lover?
I am not sayin these things are not important... i am only saying, all these could be suggestive just the way they made it appear...
I think i know what the problem is... the makers have left for all to imagine what happens next .. and this anticipation of what could have happened and what would have happened is ruining their nights of sleep...
i must say maaneet have made such a place in our lives that we think we know them as real people .. and to most that live the romantic side of their life through maaneet it could have been a disappointment... but i wuld like to reiterate... at the end of the day, its not us and what we want that plays on screen... its what Maan and Geet as individual characters want ...
would we go and tell a friend, you are not supposed to kiss your girl friend this way... or would we say, this will not turn her on since it didnt turn me on... LOL... no !! the very idea sounds creepy to me... but sadly one doesnt think this far... and why would they ... 
when they dont get what they want, they say you are not listening to fans... and when they still do they want more... either ways there is never a way out !!
i was reading the comments on the four lines wall yesterday where most people had spammed on the congratulatory note ...and bashed Geet... the person concerned couldnt help but react at one point and say, when we did show the so called sensible story we never got the numbers .. i am hence sure they know what they are doing.. and i totally love the way they are doing it ...!!
a simple principle in economics says... "wants are unlimited, but the means to satisfy them are always limited... " ... !!

Love,
Niha