Frequent Posters

EBasso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh6EyuvqGao[/YOUTUBE]
EBasso thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyh0zK3vNMA[/YOUTUBE]Edited by dtri - 12 years ago
EBasso thumbnail
Originally posted by: luvey

MY PHINGOLISSS ANGOLISSS COLLECTIONSSS SSS...!!!!!😍

there are many more good SR no and A++++ to EKTA MATA for her XRATED sceness...!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Luvey good morning deary... okay so I watched all the SR scenes you posted! Boy you watch a lot of shows LOL😛! I wanted to describe all this yesterday itself but was in a hurry to leave!!!

Anyway, I even watched a few more. Karan abha, RR etc. I have to tell you, there were a couple of sensual ones in there... but mostly, I felt NO PHINGOLI 😉

Yes Princess said it. It looked rehearsed and unreal. Very systematic. And even if it wasn't, the sizzle factor was missing from all of them. Unfortunately, the men in the videos you posted, couldn't depict the sensuality/lust balance. They just weren't expressive enough! One of them had a constipated look, the other one was smiling all the time, and one looked like he was going to cry! 🤣

Maneet sizzle even when they are trying to stay away from each other. Even their HALF SUHAAG RAAT was more sensuous than any of these! I think Maan's eyes and his body language does the trick. Geet gives him equal partnership. Her responses feel so natural.

So I deeply hope that if there is any more to the Maneet suhaag raat that is left, I hope they don't make it like any of the ones you posted. Actually nevermind, even if they do, Maneet will do so much more justice to it. 😳 Also, Ekta ishtyle wasn't too much more x-rated than Nissar ishtyle. 😆 Remember we've gotten RTM and SR1. They were both ground breaking.

Actually you never told us - what is your opinion on this?

Edited by dtri - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
To be fair to the person who posted the SR scenes of the other couples, not many seemed to have seen these shows to appreciate how good or not so good these scenes were. 

It is only when you watch a show can you connect with the characters. So their scenes can then make an impression on the viewer (good or bad).  I myself have not seen all the shows posted except the one on Michi (from Kayamath).  I must say that this con scene was the best so far in teleworld. This is not only my opinion but all those who have watched this show and many more to make the comparison. Since the build up to the Michi scene (which was phenomenal in terms of emotions) and the aftermath (in terms of the sweet morning after) are not posted, one cannot appreciate how good this scene really was.

I can only compare the scene shown for Maaneet with the ones I've seen.  Although Michi used to be my favourite, Maaneet dethroned them a long time ago. So my bias is towards Maaneet rather than Michi right now but if I were to look at it as an impartial viewer I would say that the scene shown on Maaneet did lack the zing. It was a soft and subtle portrayal of love but then all of us have been used to seeing raw passion ooze out in the Maaneet scenes so far.  So I guess our expectations for an important scene like this one  was also high. Hence the disappointment.

As to whether this scene was 'spontaneous' in comparison to the 'rehearsed' scenes of the others, I would not agree with this observation because Maaneet scene was no different. It was as 'spontaneous' or  'rehearsed' as the others were.  The distinction is merely in the perception of the individual viewer and can differ from person to person.

What reduced the impact of the scene was the tiredness seen in the eyes of the stars, especially DD. It may have been a deliberate attempt to show it this way for after all Maaneet were on the run the whole day in the hot sun, so they are bound to look tired. Maybe they wanted to convey that Maan found even a tired Geet attractive and Geet wanted to give herself to her man despite her fatigue because she loved him so much.

Whatever be the motivations, many felt that the first act of intimacy between their favourite couple should have been given more time to play out than the 4 and a half minutes it was given. And I guess that is a reasonable expectation. Maybe there is more in store today and people are being hasty in judging the scene. If there is more I'm sure the viewers will only be too happy to lap it up.  It is not that the viewers want to see it all.  I'm sure there is no show that did that. All they wanted is a little more foreplay. Lets see if they get their wishes fulfilled today.  
EBasso thumbnail
Opti... please don't misunderstand me. I am only comparing the expressiveness of the actors and the overall presentation. When I knew nothing about geet I used to obsess over so many other tele couples and say that they were the best. Then I randomly came across the first jewelry take off scene of maneet from august time frame. I knew nothing of gc or dd but the raw passion oozing out of them had my attention. And I immediately admired the acting and expressiveness of the protagonists.

You are right. I haven't watched most of the posted scene shows to compare what lead up to the final outcome. And I also agree that knowing the background makes all the difference. All I'm saying is that even the ones I've seen, I find maneet romance to surpass anything I've ever seen before.

I am also very positive that the current sr will either continue so we get to see more, or will be interrupted and postponed to show us a more pleasant ambiance.

Opti I've read many of ur povs and symbolisms and have always been a fan. I agree with your response but still stand by my stance that even maneet first sr was more passionate than the other show scenes. Just imagine a andom person watching that scene for the first time without having watched geet before... and show them the rest. You know what I'm saying?
Opti thumbnail
I did admit that Maaneet ooze passion, didn't I?In fact in the difference between this couple and the rest is that here both the leads are equally expressive unlike many where one outshines the other.  All their scenes so far have been exemplary, be it passion, romance, drama, comedy.  That is why viewers felt cheated when they were given this tired looking con.  You have already been bitten by the Maaneet bug before you watched this scene, so your view could be coloured by the love you have for the couple. 

I'm not saying that the scene was bad. In fact the scene sort of grew on me after I watched it several times.  But then Maaneet's past scenes impressed one in the first instance and did not require one to see it again to get the feel. 

I'll mention a couple of shots which could have been better.  The shot where he apparently kissed Geet's kurta irked many, especially when her bare neck was just inches away. It is only later someone said he wasn't kissing her but removing the pin with his teeth. Now if there was a closeup shot of that which would have made the act more visible to the viewer he/she could have appreciated the scene better. Then there was the shot where he pulled her by the dori after he untied it. Since this was a long shot, the viewer could not make this out in the first go.  He.she could only see Geet sway back to him (not realising that actually she was pulled towards him). Had they given us a closeup of that shot, it would have been hotter.  So you see small nuances like these make the difference. 

If you observe the Michi scene, it was perfect in these aspects. The camera angles were great, the ambiance of soft yet steamy romance was there. Shabbir was great in portraying both love and desire in his eyes and the female lead showed enough shyness to enhance the scene. While they showed a lot they also left a lot to the imagination. 

As I said, Maaneet scene may have more in store for us. So it is too early to pass a verdict on it but the 4 and a half minutes they showed was a lot less steamy than what we have seen from Maaneet so far.  I do want them to continue with the scene rather than interrupt it for some pristine setting later on. The earthy appeal of the tabela and the significance of it given their past makes it the ideal setting for their con. 

You are entitled to your views even after all this.  I wouldn't force you to agree with me.
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
goldendays thumbnail
Originally posted by: -honeydew-

Just posted this on Praises and Issues:

For me as a viewer, it was more than visually appealing.. it was deep and intense.. and left at a point where we could imagine it the way we wanted .. but hasnt Maaneet always been about that ??
This morning a friend posted some scenes of the so called consummation between couples.. the scenes and the movements looked rehearsed... and it looked like a three four step process where a girl was supposed to be shy, and the man would take the lead .. and the girl would get flown in ... Well .. all visually nice ... but certainly not real...
But look at what we have here ... Whats the first thing that occurs to one when lost in a jungle? ... romance?? hell no ...!! as normal humans our instinct would be to get outta the place ... Geet is tired ... and they use MSK's smart brains to show he cares ... he is not mushy lover ... he is a man with a presence of mind.. we know he will go that extra mile for his lady love, but that will never jeopardise anything for them... he drenches his own shirt... to provide her comfort ... the scene was soothing to the eye... and then again i sat to think... like always ... it was water that brought them a little closer... Geet does her bit as well... she isnt this compliant lady lover, who just expects her man to do everything for herr... she knows he is also perhaps thirsty ... and has experienced the same heat since they were under the same sun.. she dabs the same wet cloth onto him... and they walk ahead...
the scene where she is totally tired and comfortably falls into his arms with ease, to me she had already submitted to him emotionally and mentally ...and an act like that comes only with you know and are confident enough around the person even physically ... he carries her... thats him taking his responsiblity as the man in the relationship... i would say... if she had the strength and MSK would need her to do something of the sorts she would have done it too ...
Once into the barn, MSK thinks of the next basic need... after kapta and makan... !! The Roti ... Here Geet stopping him and explicitly expressing her desire of him being with her around her ... exuded total passion to me ... she didnt say it in those many words but in her subtle ways she expressed she wanted him close to her... if you look at it deeply... she said... meri bhook, meri pyaas... sirf aur sirf tum mita sakte ho... but but it would have been too cheesy ...and even misconstrued ... hence it was left unsaid .. LOL.. but the passion that arose outta the context was something that was beautiful to witness...
Maan's insecurities were at its best when he didnt take more than a second to conclude her answer was a no ... he asked her for something, and since he was fearing the worst, he obviously had made up his mind, it would be a no... and for a man who has always read her eyes to know her state of mind... i guess the insecure man needed verbal assurance... which he did get .. and the rest ... like they say is history...
the camera angles they used as well as the non-make up, unbraiding the hair, and him wanting to be as close as possible to her, and the diming of the lantern towards the end... left me wanting for more .. but then somewhere inside me i knew, this was scene wise an end ... but a new beginning to the Maaneet journey ...
And i dont really want a continuation to this particular scene... may be the day after would be lovely to watch, with may be a few hugs to please the disappointed lot who were looking for more "Action" ... from Maaneet ...
for me... i may love a couple .. but what happens in their bedroom stays there ...

Love,
Niha

Excellent post Niha,,, I am a silent reader for a long time but couldn't resist responding today. I too was super excited to watch this maha episode. I am a great Maaneet fan too.

I agree with your interpretation of the epsiode and the last 4 1/2 minutes were worth watching and left you want to see more..
The actors have done a fabulous job and the expression both Gurmeet and Drashti gave for entire scene was superlative  The way he was looking at her while untying the dori and her response to it was just fantastic... !!

Hope they continue where they left off on Monday... (and show whatever is allowed on Indian TV offcourse)
Edited by goldendays - 12 years ago
goldendays thumbnail

@ Opti.. I agree with what you wrote about camera angles.. I had totally missed the pin removing part until I read it on this thread... It would have been more impactful if it was a closeup..

EBasso thumbnail
Opti - for some reason, the lack of clarity, the tiredness of the protagonists, the unappealing ambiance - was somehow all the more appealing to me.

We've seen so many brilliant and cinematically attractive scenes before, that for a long time I was craving something different. And for me, this time, I got it. I got loop closure, I got various symbolisms and I saw the depth in the simplicity of the scene that I had been craving for a while.  I was tired of their silly nok jhoks and their pulling and shoving and grabbing the usual way. I was longing for something unconventional. This scene was NOT my dream come true only because I am obsessed with maneet. Trust me, I have done major halla bols everywhere when I don't agree with something. The latest example of this was the whole Maan apology sequence and geet's characterization during that whole track. I yelled and screamed to see some logic in her actions. We didn't get it and I was disappointed. I've moved on. But this time around, I was truly content with the scene we got... and I am happily hopeful for what's to come next 😳

Hope I didn't offend you in any way. Luvey is a friend so we fool around with her too, thus the lighter tone of my earlier post 😛

Opti thumbnail
You are entitled to your views as I said.

It is not like I did not like the scene but to be frank my first reaction was disappointment and I had to rewatche the scene again and again to catch what I missed the first time around, not only in terms of picturisation but also in terms of context. Here is what I posted in the den regarding the context which many took objection to.

Well here's a thought on why Maan brought up the intimacy issue in an inopportune time.  Maan's desire for his wife has been growing over the days and it had peaked during the KC preparations when he for the first time unabashedly stared at his wife while she changed her clothes. He finally blurted out what was in his heart on the night of the KC in the terrace, making a statement that he wanted to become a papa which left many of us stupefied and indignant. 

I've already said how Geet's silence in the matter after he brought it up the previous day was plaguing him through the day when they set out for the wedding.  He was trying to decipher her feelings and the events of the day showed him different facets of her love.

Through the scene where she wipes his face with his shirt after he wrings the water from it on to her face to cool and refresh her, she showed him that she cared for him as much he did for her.

In the scene where she lays her head on his bare chest in response to his query where will they take shelter in the barren land, she showed him that she trusts him completely to take care of her.  He showed her that her trust was not misplaced by lifting her up in his weary arms and carrying her to safety.

In the scene where she holds his arm back, asking him not to leave her for she was sacred to be alone, she showed that she needed him. 

So he knew she cared for him, trusted him and needed him but he wanted to know for sure that she wanted him as much as he wanted her. 

As I said, her silence still baffled him.  He knew she had desired him in the past but all those instances where she displayed her desire for him were before the MC.  The MC was a huge emotional and physical blow to her.  He wasn't sure she has fully recovered from it.  So he searched her eyes for his answer, for  her lips were not giving him any.

When she lowered those eyes, he resigned himself to waiting for some more time but her quick reassurance that she did want him as much gladdened his heart and he gratefully accepted her invitation to celebrate their love. 
   Edited by Opti - 12 years ago