why always blame the woman?

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
I have a lot of issues with this show but this one was blatantly obvious in today's epi. When Imli and Vidya were having a conversation, Imli very conveniently blamed Aarti for trying to 'snatch' Gaurav from his wife and freely labelled her the only villian in this whole mess. They made it look like Gaurav was the victim here and he had absolutely nothing to do with this at all.

Why is it that our serials always tend to put all the blame on the other woman? Why is the man never targeted? He was no kid when he married Vidya, he was well aware of what he was getting into and pressure or no pressure, he made his choice, and yet he doesn't get to bear the brunt at all? He's brooding around the house like he's enduring the greatest pain in the world. All I ever see him do is give long and intense looks to Vidya or make some gibberish talk with Aarti. What will it take to make him take a stand once and for all? Why are men such chickens in our country?

And Vidya is another woman that I'm absolutely and completely irritated with right now. Her innocent and vulnerable act has gone way overboard now. Inspite of everything that has happened, she still walks upto Gaurav and calls him 'Gaurav jee' like he's an incarnation of some devta. Why doesn't she feel angry? betrayed? cheated? used? Why am I not getting to see a woman who is experiencing a turmoil of emotions? Instead all we get is a so-called fight against the 'chudail' who is trying to snatch away her husband. What standard are these girls in again?

If infidelity is not reason enough for a woman to take a stand, then betrayel and lying sure is. And Vidya is a woman who has experienced both. I never thought that anyone, be it man or woman, with such a non-existent self-respect would exist (even if it's just a character)

If the show can't handle an issue like infidelity and what a woman goes through in such cases properly, then I highly doubt that homosexuality will be tackled in a sensitive manner. I wouldn't be surprised if it is showcased as a dirty and unacceptable 'thing'. The creatives should probably lay off and not try to incorporate issues that are way beyond their maturity level.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
CZ...good to see your comments. Will come back later to respond in greater detail!
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
^hey, thanks for commenting. waiting for your response :)
divya_181 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey CZ,

Ur overall POV is excellent and I enjoyed reading it .however there are a few things which is influencing the tagging of Aarti as villain, firstly vidya and imli are not aware of the actual facts. Their talk is only based on what vidya heard form Aarti and based on this I feel its fair to term Aarti as villain. However the day vidya gets to know that Aarti is not gaurav's GF, Vidya would realise that she was wrong in tagging Aarti. Secondly the entire conversation btwn vidya and imli is only bcoz gaurav has not come open with vidya, I dont understand why is Gaurav using Aarti to get away from Vidya. I guess he should be matured enough to talk to his wife rather than use 3rd party.He should understand that he is playing with Vidya's life, this doesn't need any super brainšŸ˜”.

Edited by divyakeerhi - 12 years ago
have-a-dream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well @heroin ur POV is superb..u're absolutely rgt as per gaurav not being a kid n cud 've taken correct decision rather den spoiling vidya's lyf..arggg
Bt as per imli blamming arti for all mistakes worked out for me,for it's human nature tat v always find mistake in outsider's than in our family members or close ones,n since vidya-imli don't knw gaurav is gay(though nt cnformd yet,bt articles show tat) so all d matter ends up to arti tat even after gaurav is married she's not leaving him,gaurav is such a gross tat he's hiding such a big secret frm vidya n spoiling her lyf..Edited by spardha_angel - 12 years ago
divya_181 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Spardha...I totally agree with wat u have said. 
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey CZ...Enjoyed reading your views. I did not have a problem with Imli blaming Aarti cause from my viewpoint, it makes sense for her character to think that way. It is rather typical but she is a maid...in central India. Given that, I do not expect her to be any different than was depicted from a mindset standpoint. Gaurav is also being painted as the guilty party for now. Unable to bear the potential fallout of his choices he opted to ruin an innocent's life and the the writers are painting him in that light in my viewpoint!

I completely agree with you about Vidya's naivete. She still does not know Gaurav's truth...she has assumed what he has painted as reality. When that illusion shatters, I hope to see a different Vidya emerge to fight for her rights!

Lastly about handling the potential Gaurav as a homosexual track...I hope the writers do full justice to it. Making him bisexual is neither bold or innovative...it would merely be a nod to the viewers who want to see a Gaurav - Vidya story. Gay people marrying women is a sad reality of the society we live in so I hope the writers really delve in to this complex social issue. But...I do not want to see a Vidya - Chinu angle at all. So many better ways to evolve the story in my humble opinion.

Cheers,
Jaya