EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I loved today's episode!
Never seen anything like this on Indian TV so far.  Brilliant acting, writing, directing, music score!
This show has by far an excellent storytelling team regarding the development of the relationship between Guddu&Runjhun.  I admire that they are paying attention to the small details in Runjhun's character like R having kept the dried up jasmine flowers that her husband Guddu had gifted her.  To show an image of her clutching the dried up jasmine is more powerful than having a dialogue convey her feelings.  
After today's episode, the writers of this series are at a crossroads concerning Runjhun's character. 
It would be great if they take the path of her awakening towards her needs, desires towards her becoming more of a human being.  
The awakening of a young Indian female heroine, who has basically led an imprisoned life of a slave with minimal human contact, is a great situation to explore.  Her journey towards her becoming a human being as opposed to an idealized mechanical slave obligated to her Evil M&M's. 
What does Runjhun want?  What are her desires?  Will she listen to her heart?
What is happening inside of her?  Why does she feel so lonely without Guddu?  Will she save her marriage?  And what for will she save her marriage, for Amma's happiness, or for her happiness? 
There are many questions like this sort the writers can explore in Runjhun's journey towards her awakening. 

any ideas/ thoughts?  Please feel free to share.  Don't you all think its time if we women watch these series that its time the writers explore our main heroine's self awareness?  I think they have a perfect opportunity to do so in Runjhun.  

My thoughts on today's episode is that Runjhun is left at the crossroads of her life, where she will need to explore her inner turmoil, confront her emotions regarding Guddu, her marriage, her relationship with her Evil M&M's...everything in her life.  She will have to do it alone.  

PS: Runjhun's awakening is not occurred yet, but it can if the writers take it towards that direction. And that image of her clutching the dried jasmine flowers that her husband had gifted her is one powerful image portraying a glimpse into her awakening. 

Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful post!   πŸ‘This episode is so powerful that I am finding myself almost at a loss. 3 more small points to add to your fantastic analysis

Most powerful moments to me today

1. RJ as early as yesterday said to Amma, I do not want what happened to Madhevi to happen to me. Well that begs the question: What happened to her? Did she marry the wrong person?

Today Guddu threw it in her face this same question. Now she has to decide, did she? Does she really wish her life was different?

2. RJ's comparison to Neelu, her comparison to a bar dancer. This is a sexual awakening of sorts. She is jealous of a woman that occupies that place in Guddu's life; the recipient of his lust

3. The saddest moment for me today was when Guddu says that he is leaving. You could see the pain in RJ's face. This time not thinking of her Amma, but herself. The disbelief that he would leave her and her staring at the road was so poignant.
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
uzee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: EcliPSe_2010

I loved today's episode!

Never seen anything like this on Indian TV so far.  Brilliant acting, writing, directing, music score!
This show has by far an excellent storytelling team regarding the development of the relationship between Guddu&Runjhun.  I admire that they are paying attention to the small details in Runjhun's character like R having kept the dried up jasmine flowers that her husband Guddu had gifted her.  To show an image of her clutching the dried up jasmine is more powerful than having a dialogue convey her feelings.  
After today's episode, the writers of this series are at a crossroads concerning Runjhun's character. 
It would be great if they take the path of her awakening towards her needs, desires towards her becoming more of a human being.  
The awakening of a young Indian female heroine, who has basically led an imprisoned life of a slave with minimal human contact, is a great situation to explore.  Her journey towards her becoming a human being as opposed to an idealized mechanical slave obligated to her Evil M&M's. 
What does Runjhun want?  What are her desires?  Will she listen to her heart?
What is happening inside of her?  Why does she feel so lonely without Guddu?  Will she save her marriage?  And what for will she save her marriage, for Amma's happiness, or for her happiness? 
There are many questions like this sort the writers can explore in Runjhun's journey towards her awakening. 

any ideas/ thoughts?  Please feel free to share.  Don't you all think its time if we women watch these series that its time the writers explore our main heroine's self awareness?  I think they have a perfect opportunity to do so in Runjhun.  

My thoughts on today's episode is that Runjhun is left at the crossroads of her life, where she will need to explore her inner turmoil, confront her emotions regarding Guddu, her marriage, her relationship with her Evil M&M's...everything in her life.  She will have to do it alone.  

PS: Runjhun's awakening is not occurred yet, but it can if the writers take it towards that direction. And that image of her clutching the dried jasmine flowers that her husband had gifted her is one powerful image portraying a glimpse into her awakening. 

gr8 post, and I really hope creatives explore this...and I would love to see her eventually vocalize it...when she faces guddu again, she needs to have answers to those questions...as does guddu, especially about Neelu...
and i love how u say that she needs to be human and not mechanical...i personally thought that after seeing guddu with the bar dancer, she wud be mechanical...but today, i saw human...I saw longing in her when she held the gajra and when she saw him ride off...
amma's advice in the precap is really good...and i hope that kukkan gives similar advice to guddu...
uzee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Beautiful post!   πŸ‘This episode is so powerful that I am finding myself almost at a loss. 3 more small points to add to your fantastic analysis

1. RJ as early as yesterday said to Amma, I do not want what happened to Madhevi to happen to me. Well that begs the question: What happened to her? Did she marry the wrong person?

Today Guddu threw it in her face this same question. Now she has to decide, did she? Does she really wish her life was different?

2. RJ's comparison to Neelu, her comparison to a bar dancer. This is a sexual awakening of sorts. She is jealous of a woman that occupies that place in Guddu's life; the recipient of his lust

3. The saddest moment for me today was when Guddu says that he is leaving. You could see the pain in RJ's face. This time not thinking of her Amma, but herself. The disbelief that he would leave her and her staring at the road was so poignant.

love and agree with wut u wrote...
@ bold 1...guddu wants to know his place in her life...and if he is that bad...
@ bold 2...i do agree with this...and i think she herself is surprised by her jealousy...
@ bold 3...she did look like she was in disbelief that he left...mostly we've seen him walk away when he is angry and he returns in the morning cuz he is sorry...but today, her words sort of pushed him (her mention of abhigyaan, her mention that he disgusts her, and her mention of neelu) and he even tells her when he leaves that this is all because of her...so i guess this time, guddu will wait for her to come to him? who knws? I really can't wait for monday...
EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Well no one asked Runjhun whom she wanted to marry.  Amma just wanted her out of the house because she was scared the M&M's would find out about R's kundali.  M&M's did find out and used her!  Amma was in a hurry to marry off Runjhun, so Runjhun could lead her own life. Runjhun did not have a choice in choosing her marriage partner.   Amma was the decision maker. However, when Abhigyan entered her life, she seemed to like Abhigyan until the moment Abhigyan doubted her when she was alone with Guddu in his room and wanted her to do some sort of a medical test before he married her.  The issue here was trust.  And if R did not do the medical test which she said she was not going to do, then Abhigyan would not have any proof of her' 'purity".  It was important to R that abhigyan trust her, and she said to him you'll never be happy traveling the middle path (succumbing to societal prejudices).  I understood this to mean that he'll never be satisfied not knowing.  Meanwhile, Guddu is a complete contrast to Abhigyan, he doesn't care for any traditional, societal prejudices.  I think R always wanted a man who was able to stand up to society, stand up for any wrongdoing etc.  Abhigyan appeared to stand up to Guddu and he did many times for Runjhun but he failed the ultimate test, which was the test of trust. 

Yes, Guddu did that.  I think this also means he is telling her what do you want?  You want to change me?  Into an ideal of yours?  

Yes, it is.  It makes her more of a human being here_a woman.  A wife who has needs, desires but all these might be strange emotions for her because first she has to become aware that she is a woman who is might be attracted to her husband.  (I have not really seen her be attracted to Guddu, but we get to see him attracted to her.)  

very eloquently conveyed.   This was my second favorite scene, the first scene that was heartbreaking was the scene where she touches the gift he had given her-the sari and she was clutching the dried jasmine flowers!!!  That made her so human, she was longing, remembering, one simple gesture weighted heavy with confusing emotions.  
I loved how the whole episode ended with the last shot of her sitting alone on a dirty road outside of Pandey Niwas.  Alone and outside of Pandey Niwas.  I see this shot in a symbolic manner, for Runjhun alone will have to figure out her destiny.  The road is bfore her, the same road a moment ago had the presence of another being, her husband.  But he rides off on his motorbike leaving her alone, blaming her for the failure of their marriage. 

Thnxs for your response-

EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
Originally posted by: uzee

gr8 post, and I really hope creatives explore this...and I would love to see her eventually vocalize it...when she faces guddu again, she needs to have answers to those questions...as does guddu, especially about Neelu...
and i love how u say that she needs to be human and not mechanical...i personally thought that after seeing guddu with the bar dancer, she wud be mechanical...but today, i saw human...I saw longing in her when she held the gajra and when she saw him ride off...
amma's advice in the precap is really good...and i hope that kukkan gives similar advice to guddu...

Thxs Uzee,
Yes, I agree with you.  R seemed more human today.  Loved the gajra scene.  I saw longing in her also.  I saw her at the end helpless, with conflicting emotions, when she questioned him about Neelu and his response-it threw her off guard.  She was certain Neelu was some bar dancer, but he kinda became defensive when she compared Neelu to a bar dancer.  Now keep in mind, he said what he said in this episode while he was drunk.  Guddu is a character who wears his heart on his sleeve.  What Guddu wants is her love-that's what I thought when he said to her that she is not able to forget Abhigyan..He wants all of her, not just her mind, or heart but her soul as well. LIke she says she loves Mahadevi, she loves Amma.  Maybe I am reading too much into it, but when I watched the scene again, there is more going on.  
rouble_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
All you guys are AMAZING!! Love reading all your comments and posts, what great interpretation of the episode and their characterizations! It seems to me that, Runjhun is finally realizing her spot in Guddu's life and vice versa. They both are not aware about the emotional changes within them, they are just doing what they would do, and feeling, how they wld feel, w/o even realizing..it. I feel like, just when it  would finally hit them, THATS when they will be able to put the whole picture together.. right now they just have bits and pieces of the puzzle.

The Creatives are doing a great job! This show needs more promotion and awareness.. it could be one of the toppers, but also I feel, in a way, it is good, that its at a neutral level now. This way, the CVs wouldnt feel the pressure to keep maintaining their status and position. When the pressure starts to kick in, thats when they fumble for good story lines that would click. I love the pace at this the story is taking off, all of it is sooo human like..and reality like.. in terms of emotions. Excellent and superb acting but the whole casts, esp. Nivedita and Himanshoo.!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
EcliPSe_2010 thumbnail
After watching today's episode, I think its really going to be a very steep uphill struggle for Runjhun to be aware of her self respect concerning dealing with her Evil M&M's.   First she will have to realize two most important things in her.  That she is:
1) a human being (not a slave)
2) a married woman (has a husband)

Taken into consideration the psychology behind her upbringing and her conditioning into a first class sort of slave, punching bag for her evil M&M's, her awareness of who she is, what she wants will not happen overnight.  There are outbursts of selfrespect within her, but the outbursts happen to be only for Abhigyan, Guddu not for her Evil M&M's.  I wished the writers would have picked her up from the lonely road outside of PN and made her get up and stand there alone for awhile in that same road outside PN.  
In today's episode again she dismisses the driver's words concerning her working too much-granted she was distracted but she dismissed those words by saying its just housework!!!  Seems to me the whole of Kannauj is gossiping about her slavelike status in the Pandey Niwas.  
Its really time for her to chose between her self respect, her husband's self respect and her Evil M&M's.  
I think in order for her to become aware of her self respect in relation to her postion/treatment by her evil M&M's, she will first have to crave the need for freedom.   The freedom to be Guddu's wife.

Hope this scenario of G being hurt and hospitalized will lead to some sort of an awakening in her.  

pls. feel free to post your thoughts...

Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 12 years ago