Friday the 13th dks: best episode so far - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Natkhatpari

ohhh I am so excited to hear about Vaishu-ammu dance ... finally... but also sad they didn't get 30 πŸ˜­ btw thanx tannista for detailing the points as well πŸ‘

yeah as tawashe said, I would have loved if vaishu- D had done a duet as they are one terrific guru-shishya jodi... hope to c that in the finale atleast...but still i like ammu-vaishu jodi also... they are really queens of expressions...

i would have not minded if they had done manipuri, kyunki vaishu to sab kuch karthi hey... we would have been able to c how she would perform in another calssical form... anyways if I talk about vaishu, i will never end I suppose πŸ˜ƒ

(i hate the person who invented this college and those calender people who do not start weekend holiday from friday morning only here) πŸ˜•

LOL, trust me, if there wasnt college and busy schedules, life would be equally boring, i am always tired after a week's holiday..
 i know you love vaishu, but she has trained in bharatnatyam so far and for some one trained in bharatnatyam or for that mattter any classical forms from south, its very difficult to  catch manipuri in a few days( at max a week) time. I am telling u from my exp, coz i have trained in both of them and manipuri  is as diff from BN as it can get, if there is a relevant topic will elaborate on it why and how. so although i have no doubt she could have pulled it off,  def not with only a week's practise and with a partner like amrita, who is master in the form and has a tremendous stage presence, this was better, then were almost equals and hey could play off with their amazing expressions too.

I am glad  you liked the marks break up. i did it just for u😳
Originally posted by Tannistha

LOL, trust me, if there wasnt college and busy schedules, life would be equally boring, i am always tired after a week's holiday..
 i know you love vaishu, but she has trained in bharatnatyam so far and for some one trained in bharatnatyam or for that mattter any classical forms from south, its very difficult to  catch manipuri in a few days( at max a week) time. I am telling u from my exp, coz i have trained in both of them and manipuri  is as diff from BN as it can get, if there is a relevant topic will elaborate on it why and how. so although i have no doubt she could have pulled it off,  def not with only a week's practise and with a partner like amrita, who is master in the form and has a tremendous stage presence, this was better, then were almost equals and hey could play off with their amazing expressions too.

I am glad  you liked the marks break up. i did it just for u😳

@bold1 , yeah  i do agree as I am myself a BN dancer... it is very difficult to do the mudras of different dance forms and even the postures... but u know right vaishu tho vaishu hey ( πŸ˜† JK)

@bold2, thankuuu πŸ€—

yes and manish' comment, when everyone went sugary sweet with other
 manish was on a comment role today, ek se badkar ek comments

LOLπŸ˜†. yah manish was on a one-liner roll today. The funny ones today were how when in the beginning when Geeta was introduced, Manish reminded her that previously she had said that she wants DID 2 to win, then  she went on and on about how everyone's a winner and they're all superstars in their own right, blah blah blah. Then Manish bows down to her and then says now he knows how Siddhesh got his gooma- phirakey talking skills. πŸ€£

Then when everyone is being so nice to each other he says that they've had roti spread with sugar for breakfast as everyone is talking so meetha. Then he asks Ammu for her opinion refering to her as 'hamarey set ke gundi' (not in a bad way of course) as she is known to be very upfront and honest about her feelings. 

Then the funniest was the whole prince nahe nata part, especially the liquid soap that flows under his door begging Prince to use it. πŸ€£

LOL I should find the exact quotes and post it on the Manish one-liner topic page. I know this is the wrong topic page for that, but hey it did happen in today's episode, so you cant blame me completely.πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by Natkhatpari

@bold1 , yeah  i do agree as I am myself a BN dancer... it is very difficult to do the mudras of different dance forms and even the postures... but u know right vaishu tho vaishu hey ( πŸ˜† JK)

@bold2, thankuuu πŸ€—

@ bold red:
LOL tell me about it, saturday evening used to be Bharatnatyam, stomp on floor hard, make sound with your feet, wear ghungroo, sunday early morning manipuri, tread on your toes, tread lightly, be soft yet strong, ugh, now when i look back, although i am tremendously happy about it and thank my mom for that, i still wonder how did i manage?
 you know my sister only did bharatnatyam and she has such problem with going on toes.πŸ˜†

wow thank you Tanishta so much for detailed update! Can't wait to see the episode πŸ˜ƒ
😭 Rutu did NOT get his MJ band even now? Kya yaaar remo. Jo deserve karte hai, unko to pehle dedo..agar itni badi cheez ban gayi hai MJ band DID ke stage par.

Don't worry RUTURAJ, YOU"RE GETTING THE D band! D-Sir is yet to manufacture it..work in progress..you're gonna inaugurate it! ;)
@Tannistha...I agree with you a lot. As far as the performances and the jodis considered, this was the best episode of DKS so far. I think these were the jodis we were all waiting for. I am so glad they finally did this and not the same routine pairs πŸ˜‘ Having said that I am a lil disappointed with few things today. I just saw the episode and I just don't agree with some of the scores. Highly disappointed πŸ˜­  

Group act: Josh vs Jalwa:
Without a doubt Jalwa had an upper hand over Josh. The choreography for Jalwa's group act was brilliant. Some portions were incredible, especially the last one where Vaishanvi did a back bend and then a flip πŸ‘  WOW Vaishu πŸ‘πŸΌ But i don't really know why they got perfect 30 for that act. I could clearly see Remo getting emotional as it was his song, which was okay. Their act was good. So I am fine with 30. On the other hand, Josh's act was quite messy and ended up with 21. There was no connection πŸ˜• and missed co-ordination as always. I have not liked any of their group acts so far. They really need some unity in their group 

Vrushali-Avneet VS. Amrita-Vaishnavi:
Okayy, I had a problem here. I thought Ammu-Vaishu were better than Vrushali n Avneet. Both their duos were good. I have no complains there. But in terms of comparison for me Ammu-Vaishu were better. The difficulty level in their act was high and the choreography was outstanding for that act. I just couldn't understand how they got 27 and on the other hand Vaishali- Avneet gets 29. I would have liked to see more for Ammu-Vaishu. Atleast they should have been equal. Not fair for me πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Jai-Atul VS. Dharmesh-Ruturaj:
Clearly, Dharmesh-Rutu were better compared to Jai-Atul. D-Rutu were phenomenal in this act and I just LOVED that whole smoke thing. This whole act was out of the world πŸ‘ Well-deserved 30 and POD πŸ‘πŸΌ 
On the other hand. Jai-Atul were also very good but not as good as their Kal ho na act. But I did love some bits in their dance. They were very beautiful especially Atul πŸ˜• To me they deserved 9s and not 8s across the board. I had a problem there too πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Finally the takkar between Prince and Parvez:
I had a huge huge huge problem here not in terms of performance but the way judges deliberated their views. I just din't like the way they gave their thoughts on Parvez. They almost sounded like giving takkar to Prince itself is an achievement for you 😲 Are you kidding me?? πŸ˜‘
To me Prince is nothing in front of Parvez. Just because Prince does locking-popping he doesn't become Prince for me. Even in this takkar honestly, Parvez had some much variation in his dance where as Prince did what he always does except for few steps that were not seen before πŸ˜• I am so bored of Prince doing the same thing over and over and over and over  Judges declared that Prince is Prince and Parvez thanks for trying dude πŸ˜† No wonder some of these kids cannot take stardom well πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

The whole Parvez and Prince takkar judging was a huge disappointment for me πŸ˜ˆ

SORRY guys in advance. Many may not agree but I had different point of view with marks and judging. I had to burst out my anger and I did πŸ˜› 
Edited by luv2dance - 12 years ago
Originally posted by luv2dance

@Tannistha...I agree with you a lot. As far as the performances and the jodis considered, this was the best episode of DKS so far. I think these were the jodis we were all waiting for. I am so glad they finally did this and not the same routine pairs πŸ˜‘ Having said that I am a lil disappointed with few things today. I just saw the episode and I just don't agree with some of the scores. Highly disappointed πŸ˜­  

Group act: Josh vs Jalwa:
Without a doubt Jalwa had an upper hand over Josh. The choreography for Jalwa's group act was brilliant. Some portions were incredible, especially the last one where Vaishanvi did a back bend and then a flip πŸ‘  WOW Vaishu πŸ‘πŸΌ But i don't really know why they got perfect 30 for that act. I could clearly see Remo getting emotional as it was his song, which was okay. Their act was good. So I am fine with 30. On the other hand, Josh's act was quite messy and ended up with 27. There was no connection πŸ˜• and missed co-ordination as always. I have not liked any of their group acts so far. They really need some unity in their group 

Vrushali-Avneet VS. Amrita-Vaishnavi:
Okayy, I had a problem here. I thought Ammu-Vaishu were better than Vrushali n Avneet. Both their duos were good. I have no complains there. But in terms of comparison for me Ammu-Vaishu were better. The difficulty level in their act was high and the choreography was outstanding for that act. I just couldn't understand how they got 27 and on the other hand Vaishali- Avneet gets 29. I would have liked to see more for Ammu-Vaishu. Atleast they should have been equal. Not fair for me πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Jai-Atul VS. Dharmesh-Ruturaj:
Clearly, Dharmesh-Rutu were better compared to Jai-Atul. D-Rutu were phenomenal in this act and I just LOVED that whole smoke thing. This whole act was out of the world πŸ‘ Well-deserved 30 and POD πŸ‘πŸΌ 
On the other hand. Jai-Atul were also very good but not as good as their Kal ho na act. But I did love some bits in their dance. They were very beautiful especially Atul πŸ˜• To me they deserved 9s and not 8s across the board. I had a problem there too πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Finally the takkar between Prince and Parvez:
I had a huge huge huge problem here not in terms of performance but the way judges deliberated their views. I just din't like the way they gave their thoughts on Parvez. They almost sounded like giving takkar to Prince itself is an achievement for you 😲 Are you kidding me?? πŸ˜‘
To me Prince is nothing in front of Parvez. Just because Prince does locking-popping he doesn't become Prince for me. Even in this takkar honestly, Parvez had some much variation in his dance where as Prince did what he always does except for few steps that were not seen before πŸ˜• I am so bored of Prince doing the same thing over and over and over and over  Judges declared that Prince is Prince and Parvez thanks for trying dude πŸ˜† No wonder some of these kids cannot take stardom well πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

The whole Parvez and Prince takkar judging was a huge disappointment for me πŸ˜ˆ

SORRY guys in advance. Many may not agree but I had different point of view with marks and judging. I had to burst out my anger and I did πŸ˜› 
 hey bindu,  cool to see u r online too.
yes it was a relief not to see same ol girl boy duo and finally something we longed to see
 Jalwa act me too felt remo went emotionally overboard( though i am happy they got that marks).  You know when its live and u give ur judgement then and there, one judges process of thinking  influences the other, like induction effect,  plus geeta was here, and she was pro season2 right from beginning. btw josh got 21 in the round not 27, jalwa lead by 9 marks

regarding the duos, hm , all the judges have something special for avneet, she often scores more than she deserves coz of that, call that pretty face effect, there isnt much we can do about it, maybe if we were on judges seat we would have done the same, i need to rewatch the epi, i think they both got same marks. i was quite satisfied with both the female duos, although i wished vrushali and avneet did a classical combo, or semi classical maybe
  TBH, except for a few wow moments, Jai and atul didnt do anything special, two very special moments were  the leap at the beginning and the leap of faith later, jay messed up a bit with the props and i need to rewatch these scores too, coz i think they got 26,9,9,8 break up.

and tell me about the takkar, seriously, guys stop trting this kid like he is God's gift, he is not, he has much to learn and u r only impeding his willingness to learn and his perception of truth,  both were quite average today, neither pervez deserved 28 no prince deserved 31, and 11 out of 10, rilli,  geeta!!!
 i guess we have to be happy that overall the performances were amazing and just forget the scoring

btw: highlight today; geeta Ma's act

and  binding attraction of the show: Manish Paul's one liners

OMG GUYS!!! ZEE TV PEOPLE READ IF! THIS EPISODE DUETS ARE EXACTLY THE ONES I WROTE DOWN IN ONE OF THE "FUTURE PERFORMANCES" THREAD..WOOAHHH. I said Vrushali Avneet, Jai Atul, D Rutu, Amu Vaishu...Dannng. Maybe we should write down WHATEVER we want so that they listen to that too! πŸ˜†

hey bindu,  cool to see u r online too.
yes it was a relief not to see same ol girl boy duo and finally something we longed to see
 Jalwa act me too felt remo went emotionally overboard( though i am happy they got that marks).  You know when its live and u give ur judgement then and there, one judges process of thinking  influences the other, like induction effect,  plus geeta was here, and she was pro season2 right from beginning. btw josh got 21 in the round not 27, jalwa lead by 9 marks

regarding the duos, hm , all the judges have something special for avneet, she often scores more than she deserves coz of that, call that pretty face effect, there isnt much we can do about it, maybe if we were on judges seat we would have done the same, i need to rewatch the epi, i think they both got same marks. i was quite satisfied with both the female duos, although i wished vrushali and avneet did a classical combo, or semi classical maybe
  TBH, except for a few wow moments, Jai and atul didnt do anything special, two very special moments were  the leap at the beginning and the leap of faith later, jay messed up a bit with the props and i need to rewatch these scores too, coz i think they got 26,9,9,8 break up.

and tell me about the takkar, seriously, guys stop trting this kid like he is God's gift, he is not, he has much to learn and u r only impeding his willingness to learn and his perception of truth,  both were quite average today, neither pervez deserved 28 no prince deserved 31, and 11 out of 10, rilli,  geeta!!!
 i guess we have to be happy that overall the performances were amazing and just forget the scoring

btw: highlight today; geeta Ma's act

and  binding attraction of the show: Manish Paul's one liners

[/QUOTE]

Yep you are right. For the group act Josh got 21. That was my bad. Typo πŸ˜Š See my problem is we are comparing duos here. Then, the scores should reflect the comparison right?? πŸ˜• Which is why I was upset with the way they scored Ammu-Vaishu less than Vrushali-Avneet. Well, they were pretty good too. Ammu-Vaishu should have got atleast same scores but they ended up with 9,9 and 9. Vrushali-Avneet got 10,10 and 9. Just not fair ya for me. With Jai and Atul, they got 8s across the board. Although it wasnt their best, I dint think it was an 8 performance. But may be it was just me here. It was one after the other that pissed me off with the way they scored today. But I guess there was no consistency in fair scoring happening in DKS so far. Most of us couldn't agree with the way they were giving scores. So like you said enjoy the performances and ignore their marks πŸ˜”

And Prince and Pravez, I am getting furious with that whole thing. So, I better let that go πŸ˜ƒ

Master Geeta, although isn't a great judge, she is a wonderful dancer. She has an unbelievable grace in her dance and she dances amazingly. I have always said that from DID-1. It doesn't take much to recognize a brilliant dancer, which she is. I have always loved her performances. That I will not take away from her. She is a great dancer. PERIOD!

Manish was at his best. I just love love that guy. What an asset to DKD he is πŸ˜
Edited by luv2dance - 12 years ago