Friday the 13th dks: best episode so far

Posted: 12 years ago
I think, todays episode was the best so far. I  wrote a whole bunch of analysis and  it all got lost coz i edited it out like an idiot. 

First of all, someone has been reading our posts in IF really well, all the performances today were  top notch performances and dancers exactly the ones we would have liked to see. and marks update for natkhatpari

Starting with Geeta MAA
 OMG OMG OMG, i never gave her much credit as a dancer before, yes amazing expression but facial expressions aren't enough and so far all her performances looked rehearsed and bland to me. but i take back my word. the inpromptu dance she dis, specially how light footed she is, inspite of that heavy body, perfectly balanced turns and pirouttes, balance, strength ,power everything in those 1 min,  amazing

next comes manish, manish probably had a breakfast humourflakes, dipped in milk of wit and  with  a spoonfull of a sarcasm, all the manisher lines he said today, all deserve to be in priyanka's one liner gallery.. 

now the performance:

Josh group act:   it was ok, good but typical josh group act, nothing that can make you say wow. allthough their singles rock, they cannot make it work as a team. well deserved 7+7+7+21 marks

Jalwa group act: Now thats what i call an act, each  member, to begin with, got equal importance in the act, and coordination and team work excellent.  remo got a lil emo overboard coz it was song from faltu, 4 baaj gayi, but their act deserved atleast 20. Scores : perfect 30

Duos: ah, kya kahe, all the duos i wanted to happen, spoken or unspoken

vrushali and avneet: Although i wish they had chosen a semi classical number, i am okay with the folk song, two classical queens together did a nice act.  marks : 27( have to rewind and check once).
Geetas dance after this was so beautiful and i so wish vrushali had accompanied her in this form,when she was requested by geeta, that would have been a trt.

Ammu and vaishu: this is the duo i would have loved to watch and i never expressed coz i thought it might not happen, but i am so glad. I am so happy for ammu today, she totally rocked, and she got all the praises she deserved to get, her expressions , postures,  her strentgh. she carried vaishnavi, a 12 yr old girl on her shoulders twice and supported her, when vaishavi balanced herself up, amazing, just amazing.( dont blame me for drooling over ammu, i LOVE her)

I am so glad ammu did her forte, folk. although when they first arrived, with the vaishnav tilak on thier forehead, i thought they might be doing a manipuri, but still no manipuri. Although i would have been worried about vaishnavi if it was manipuri, she wouldn't be able to match amirita then. 
 Vaishnavi's expressions were good, but acc to me, amrita rocked it. she just showed why its her forte. total marks: 27
PS: can anyone tell me where can i find the song that was played? couldn't find it on YT

Jai and Atul: although not soul touching like the kal ho na ho act in LM< it was good. special mention Atuls leap of faith and Jais lift in the beginning. both were good. Atul, with more tecnique and practise can become a dancer to reckon with in future. marks( m not sure again) 26

D sir and ruturaj: one word, DIVINE. the song was kitni zikr hain and it was so beautiful. only complaint: even after this act, why doesnt ruturaj get his MJ band? he deserved it, totally deserved it:
score 30, performance of the day

Takkar: parvez and prince

umm, been there, seen it, for both of them, seen it before, was nothing new, as it is, i dont find anything new in whatever prince does but he is "out of the world" and no one can do what he does, so geeta  gave him 11 out of 10.  I wish all the examiners in the world could be so emotional like her to give 110% percent to a 100% paper
 pervez got 28,prince 31

IMHO: both probably deserved less.
would have loved to see both of them do something they never did before. well, not all of our wishes will be fullfilled now, will it??

At the end of the day jalwa is leading with a record score of 10 marks,
josh total score: 105
 Jalwa: 115,

So i donot understand  how jalwa was trailing behind unless they performed dismally in the solos, i mean bad enough to lag bei 11 marks. Well, from reality report, saw vandana dressed in costume, so if she is presenting a solo, jalwa might loose some marks, but how much?

ALso, precap was shown, where jai tells shiamak, mat do marks, IMO, it was said very very rudely, even in the heat of the moment , you are not supposed to use that tone to your guru. now i understand why geeta  fired up, although it was wrong of her too.

Addition: just realised, Jalwa added mixed thriller music with char baaj gaye, no wonder remo went so emotional
Edited by Tannistha - 12 years ago
hey dear... thanx a lot...👏. I was jus waiting if anyone would talk about the performances..

I am here in college 😭 desperate to know about the performances...

can you give the details on the points as well????????????????plzzz
Edited by Natkhatpari - 12 years ago
so sorry, i edited the whole post out
OH gosh!! I totally agree!!!! As a huge huge huge DID Lil Masters fan, today was the best DKS episode for me. In the duet round, we got to see the skippers and their respective Lil masters perform together. D sir and Rutu, Jai and Atul, Vrushali and Avneet. Well, D sir didn't perform with Vaishu as he was doing a duet with Rutu, but don't worry Natkhatpari your favorite Vaishnavi performed with Amrita. Yes, I know that Amrita isn't her skipper but Amrita is also a part of the LM team so even though theirs wasnt  a guru-shisya jodi like the others, I was still so excited to see the two extremely versatile dancers together, and they didn't disappoint either. I just wish somehow Mayuresh was also included doing the duet performances even if it was just to introduce Vrushali and Avneet. Then the entire Lil masters family in DKS would be complete: D sir, Rutu, Vaishu, Jai, Atul, Mayuresh, Vrushali, Avneet, Amrita, and of course our superman Manish Paul!!!  👍🏼 👍🏼

Another tiny complain I have (hehe) is that while Manish introduced Jai - Atul, and D Sir - Rutu as a guru-shisya jodi, he did not introduce Vrushali - Avneet that way. Even they are a guru - shisya jodi. Its ok though, may be he just forgot since Mayuresh always seemed to be more involved. 

All the four performances were awesome. Jai - Atul was good but could have been better since we've seen them give much better performances before (who can forget the Kal ho na ho performance. I still cry when I watch it on youtube). Amrita- Vaishu and Vrushali- Avneet were also really good, but damn our DINCHAK TEAM was the bestest (AINCH AINCH). I really hope Jeetu was able to catch this on TV. He would be jumping around his TV set out of excitement and joy. 😃 D sir and Rutu were beyond amazing and Ruturaj (D sir clone according to Geeta) this is for you : KYA BAAT KYA BAAT KYA BAAT!!! GRAND SALUTE!!!!

Edited by tawashe - 12 years ago
Originally posted by tawashe

OH gosh!! I totally agree!!!! As a huge huge huge DID Lil Masters fan, today was the best DKS episode for me. In the duet round, we got to see the skippers and their respective Lil masters perform together. D sir and Rutu, Jai and Atul, Vrushali and Avneet. Well, D sir didn't perform with Vaishu as he was doing a duet with Rutu, but don't worry Natkhatpari your favorite Vaishnavi performed with Amrita. Yes, I know that Amrita isn't her skipper but Amrita is also a part of the LM team so even though theirs wasnt  a guru-shisya jodi like the others, I was still so excited to see the two extremely versatile dancers together, and they didn't disappoint either. I just wish somehow Mayuresh was also included doing the duet performances even if it was just to introduce Vrushali and Avneet. Then the entire Lil masters family in DKS would be complete: D sir, Rutu, Vaishu, Jai, Atul, Mayuresh, Vrushali, Avneet, Amrita, and of course our superman Manish Paul!!!  👍🏼 👍🏼

Another tiny complain I have (hehe) is that while Manish introduced Jai - Atul, and D Sir - Rutu as a guru-shisya jodi, he did not introduce Vrushali - Avneet that way. Even they are a guru - shisya jodi. Its ok though, may be he just forgot since Mayuresh always seemed to be more involved. 

All the four performances were awesome. Jai - Atul was good but could have been better since we've seen them give much better performances before (who can forget the Kal ho na ho performance. I still cry when I watch it on youtube). Amrita- Vaishu and Vrushali- Avneet were also really good, but damn our DINCHAK TEAM was the bestest (AINCH AINCH). I really hope Jeetu was able to catch this on TV. He would be jumping around his TV set out of excitement and joy. 😃 D sir and Rutu were beyond amazing and Ruturaj (D sir clone according to Geeta) this is for you : KYA BAAT KYA BAAT KYA BAAT!!! GRAND SALUTE!!!!

can't wait to see D sir and Rutu's performance...😛 thanks for the update...go team Dinchak 😛
Edited by ankit_nyc - 12 years ago

Oh not to forget, today everyone was so nice and cordial towards each other: Parvez, Punit, Jai, Prince, they all spoke so well about each other and it didn't even look forced.. Even though the Jai drama is yet to happen (on TV atleast), but in today's episode he was really respectful towards the judges and his DID2 competitors. 

Note: Before people start bashing I just want to let you know that I am in no way a Jai fanatic. I am stating what I saw. 

Oh not to forget, today everyone was so nice and cordial towards each other: Parvez, Punit, Jai, Prince, they all spoke so well about each other and it didn't even look forced.. Even though the Jai drama is yet to happen (on TV atleast), but in today's episode he was really respectful towards the judges and his DID2 competitors. 

Note: Before people start bashing I just want to let you know that I am in no way a Jai fanatic. I am stating what I saw. 

😛 That's awesome...just wish it was the same throughout all the weeks, and not just on handful of days...😛
yes and manish' comment, when everyone went sugary sweet with other
 manish was on a comment role today, ek se badkar ek comments
Tannistha -- Thank you very much for your wonderful and detailed update! Really appreciate it and was very happy reading at how positive today's episode was!! 👏
ohhh I am so excited to hear about Vaishu-ammu dance ... finally... but also sad they didn't get 30 😭 btw thanx tannista for detailing the points as well 👏

yeah as tawashe said, I would have loved if vaishu- D had done a duet as they are one terrific guru-shishya jodi... hope to c that in the finale atleast...but still i like ammu-vaishu jodi also... they are really queens of expressions...

i would have not minded if they had done manipuri, kyunki vaishu to sab kuch karthi hey... we would have been able to c how she would perform in another calssical form... anyways if I talk about vaishu, i will never end I suppose 😃

(i hate the person who invented this college and those calender people who do not start weekend holiday from friday morning only here) 😕