Mistis thoughts 13th may 2011 - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by why6

Misti, I have a feeling that they are going to rush it and again TRPs would be the factor.  Now they have brought this unique vrat from their CB manual which would make one's husband forgive them.  Now wasn't the initial forgiveness going to happen if Rohan got cured.  But it seems that Radhika's vrat would be used for this now.
Now Radhika's doesn't need to be forgiven for her actions in the temple.  It is all in Dev's mind and he is putting his own guilt on Radhika.  So instead of him forgiving Radhika, it should be shown that he is slowly realizing that it was Rohan's actions that caused his own injury and those accidents could have killed Radhika.  So his change from the rude behavior to gentleness should be because of his realization and not because due to vrat he has forgiven Radhika.

Yes they might be rushing it for the TRPs...or the fallout of the false wife fiasco. As for this vrat thing I think that is the creativs way of answering our question that Radhika is not accepting that it is her fault that the accident happen and the majority of people I have seen on the forum commenting that it is not Radhikas fault so why should Dev forgive her? They already gave Radhika dialogues that now she is accepting her fault (Padmas madness has now convinced her off that) and hence this vrat and curing Rohan is for Padma...This is what I am wishing for ...Radhika does the vrat (personally I don't want her to do any vrats and I will like if somehow she is made to understand that vrats are not needed)...she falls sick...Dev questions her and she tells him that the vrat is for his forgiveness...or he guesses that it is for his forgiveness...and then he realises that transfering his guilt on Radhika is resulting her in going for these actions...and self realisation starts that in some way he is also to blame for this debacle...and then he asks her that she wants KK, has she ever thought about Dev? Rohans action should not strike him now because of his blindness...it might come into play later on when Rohan gets well.

well..lets see if they can use the vrat in some way to bring some other dynamic regarding relationships and characterisation out that will have relevance to the story...I mean the way they dealt with muah dikhayee and this pahali rasoi rituals...muh dikhayee lead to Radhika bringing in the idol that further inflamed Padma...Dev lost his room to Radhika with everyones blessings..😉...he hurt Radhika as a result which might have lead to his slight softening (the deleted scene after the scratch),...Radhika singing and again badi bahu flaring up...Padma flaring up...badi bahu railroading Padmas rights to the kitchen...Padma more angry on Radhika...paheli rasoi...Dev beinf fed and Padma refusing the pahli rasoi because it is paheli rasoi...she was not refusing food...this prompted Radhika to again march into Padmas room...this time Padma pent up frustrations coming out...Dev realises what is happening...Dev might have also realised Padmas real nature (this needs to be seen further whether he has realised it or not) ...Radhika undersrtanding what Dev was trying to say and backing down and then going to her room and now has now convinced hereself due to Padmas action that the fault of the accident is hers and hence he vrat...so in the last three days they have used rituals but have used them  to bring something out regarding the charcters or made the characters do something rialistic...so thats why I said lets see whether they use the vrat to bring something else out...and they can always commit harakiri . 

Yesterday's episode was good because Dev realized how badly Padma was behaving with Radhika and actually using him to justify her actions.  So it was awakening for him of a sort and they need to follow that path than showing more desperate actions of Radhika.  Can't understand why they make their leads so needy instead of dignified.
Yes...yesterday Padmas actions should have opened his eyes to Padmas real nature...and thats why I liked the drama...and these are much more interesting to me than desperate actions of Radhika

Radhika is so goal oriented because she has deep faith.  People who are passionate about their beliefs (this includes reformists, fanatics, inventors, etc.) are very opinionated and will not listen to others.  That's why it is hard for Radhika to believe that Dev doesn't believe in childhood marriage knowing fully well that it happened.  So that part is realistic.  
Yes and I am ok with it..and it should take time for her to understand that sometimes others POV also matters.

Now Dev will only believe in childhood marriage because he wants Radhika and eventually would fall for her deeply.  So the child marriage would make easy for him to put Radhika above his obligations without feeling guilty about it (this would eventually happen).  
Yes they might show that...
If only they will not bring this rituals (vrats etc.) in a nice story, it would be good.  But they are so bent on copying the successful tracks of CB1 that they will do it anyway without thinking that those stories fit in the context of CB1.
Yes.
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
i liked yesterday's episode very much. and for the first time for CB2 , i hit on the replay button to see the episode even after I saw it live on TV.

the chemistry between radev , we were used to see in cb1, was for the first time felt yesterday' avinash was truly rocking and ruby sweet as always.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Originally posted by august123

i liked yesterday's episode very much. and for the first time for CB2 , i hit on the replay button to see the episode even after I saw it live on TV.

the chemistry between radev , we were used to see in cb1, was for the first time felt yesterday' avinash was truly rocking and ruby sweet as always.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Yesterday was a good episode...well this week I have actually rewatched wednesday, thurdsday and yesterdays episode...this is the fIrst time that I am rewatching epsodes since the beginning of CB2😳. The drama was good and it was matched with good acting..only blooper for me was the missing link between wednesday and thursdays episode. I am not a great fan of repeatation of rituals and sudden appearance of some strange ritual/vrat, so that was something that was holding me back but the drama and the acting made up for it. So I am glad to know that you also atleast rewatched yesterdays episode.😃 ..atleast found some else also doing that. Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
Misti Di,

Hi ... How are you? ... It feels good to be back on IF after a relatively short break for exams. Enjoyed reading your thoughts as usual ... would make frequent visits to read them whenever I got the time. 😃

Now, Dev and Radhika have come together under the same roof so lots of drama to look forward to in PF. Well, the drama has already started. PF characters are opening up and have more screen space while Mansaram family have taken the back seat. Past few episodes have been good ... Avinash and Rubina have both been very good ... Saurav is doing good job as a 4 - 5 year old ... 😉 ... all others have been good too. 

Yes ... I too did not like the discontinuity between wed and thurs episode. Looks like CMs purposely do not want the audience to know what is going on in Dev's mind as yet or atleast do not find it necessary to show his POV. The realisation and feelings towards Radhika needs to come out slowly and for that we need to know what he is thinking in various situations, especially after his encounters with Radhika   ... but expressions alone cannot do the job. Sorry, if I am repeating here ... have missed out on alot of discussions that's why ... 😳 ...
Originally posted by misti73

Yes they might be rushing it for the TRPs...or the fallout of the false wife fiasco. As for this vrat thing I think that is the creativs way of answering our question that Radhika is not accepting that it is her fault that the accident happen and the majority of people I have seen on the forum commenting that it is not Radhikas fault so why should Dev forgive her? They already gave Radhika dialogues that now she is accepting her fault (Padmas madness has now convinced her off that) and hence this vrat and curing Rohan is for Padma...This is what I am wishing for ...Radhika does the vrat (personally I don't want her to do any vrats and I will like if somehow she is made to understand that vrats are not needed)...she falls sick...Dev questions her and she tells him that the vrat is for his forgiveness...or he guesses that it is for his forgiveness...and then he realises that transfering his guilt on Radhika is resulting her in going for these actions...and self realisation starts that in some way he is also to blame for this debacle...and then he asks her that she wants KK, has she ever thought about Dev? Rohans action should not strike him now because of his blindness...it might come into play later on when Rohan gets well.

You are right about his blindness for Rohan continuing until at least he gets well.  Until now he is unable to understand or doesn't deliberately want to understand that if a girl rejects a person, a normal person doesn't go insane where he either threatens to harm himself or harm others.  For Dev, this only represents Rohan's unlimited love for Radhika and since Radhika's wants are a sign of self-centeredness,  he blames Radhika only.   But maybe this new found guilt of Radhika will eventually lead him to realize his own faults.  In CB1,  Amma and Vishaka's hold on Radhika finally broke when she realized that Vishaka's actions have caused Dev to feel guilty about something that wasn't his fault at all.  So they depicted that misplaced guilt of Dev and Radhika bringing him out slowly from it quite nicely.  So maybe through this vrat,  Dev would finally realize that Radhika was an innocent victim in all this and he was responsible for this.  Because after the incident, he realized (or at least I think he did) that this forced marriage was a mistake.  But then these creatives can take Radhika's guilt into totally different direction too.

well..lets see if they can use the vrat in some way to bring some other dynamic regarding relationships and characterisation out that will have relevance to the story...I mean the way they dealt with muah dikhayee and this pahali rasoi rituals...muh dikhayee lead to Radhika bringing in the idol that further inflamed Padma...Dev lost his room to Radhika with everyones blessings..😉...he hurt Radhika as a result which might have lead to his slight softening (the deleted scene after the scratch),...Radhika singing and again badi bahu flaring up...Padma flaring up...badi bahu railroading Padmas rights to the kitchen...Padma more angry on Radhika...paheli rasoi...Dev beinf fed and Padma refusing the pahli rasoi because it is paheli rasoi...she was not refusing food...this prompted Radhika to again march into Padmas room...this time Padma pent up frustrations coming out...Dev realises what is happening...Dev might have also realised Padmas real nature (this needs to be seen further whether he has realised it or not) ...Radhika undersrtanding what Dev was trying to say and backing down and then going to her room and now has now convinced hereself due to Padmas action that the fault of the accident is hers and hence he vrat...so in the last three days they have used rituals but have used them  to bring something out regarding the charcters or made the characters do something rialistic...so thats why I said lets see whether they use the vrat to bring something else out...and they can always commit harakiri . 
Yes, that way they used the rituals well where both Muh dikayi and rasoi resulted in some concrete positive results or some sort of realization on Dev's part.   

Yes...yesterday Padmas actions should have opened his eyes to Padmas real nature...and thats why I liked the drama...and these are much more interesting to me than desperate actions of Radhika

I hope they don't regress Dev one step or ping-pong his reactions.  It should be gradual realization that he was at fault and Radhika had a perfect right to refuse the marriage.  Eventually (not now) he would have to realize that Rohan was not the right person for Radhika and that Radhika is  an individual who has a right to choose a partner.  It shouldn't matter if Radhika was married or not.  But refusing to marry somebody doesn't make her selfish.  In fact, she was saving two people being miserable in a relationship where one is not committed to the other person and other is unstable.  But it is more than likely that they would never show this kind of realization on any character's part as everything is revolved around "dharam-adharam" for these writers.  So they would show Dev finally accepting that it was his destiny to be with Radhika.  Then he would fight with family members for his and Radhika's rights.  

Ok, on a lighter note:  Misti, you were right about Dev and Rohan being soulmates.  Rohan is the one who fed Dev the "Pehli Rasoi".  That was followed by Kanha music that "all is alright with the world now".  So in a sense,  Radhika is the third wheel coming between Dev and Rohan and hence Dev's strong reaction.  She is taking away his true love Rohan from him.
Edited by why6 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Ansa786

Misti Di,

Hi ... How are you? ... It feels good to be back on IF after a relatively short break for exams. Enjoyed reading your thoughts as usual ... would make frequent visits to read them whenever I got the time. 😃

Now, Dev and Radhika have come together under the same roof so lots of drama to look forward to in PF. Well, the drama has already started. PF characters are opening up and have more screen space while Mansaram family have taken the back seat. Past few episodes have been good ... Avinash and Rubina have both been very good ... Saurav is doing good job as a 4 - 5 year old ... 😉 ... all others have been good too. 

Yes ... I too did not like the discontinuity between wed and thurs episode. Looks like CMs purposely do not want the audience to know what is going on in Dev's mind as yet or atleast do not find it necessary to show his POV. The realisation and feelings towards Radhika needs to come out slowly and for that we need to know what he is thinking in various situations, especially after his encounters with Radhika   ... but expressions alone cannot do the job. Sorry, if I am repeating here ... have missed out on alot of discussions that's why ... 😳 ...

Kiddo...you are back!!! 😃...Hope that your exams went well. 

I know that you were reading the post, could see the like...so thank you. The actors ar all doing their job, wish I could say the same thing regarding the writers, director and editor who keep on slipping one way or the other. The characters are slowly coming out and their interactions ahve now started. Its good that Mansarams faily have taken a back seat...the story is now in Rahikas so called inlaws house, so her parents cannot be there...they are slowly being brought into the picture most probably for some future track.

I am also having the feeling that the CMs do not want to show Devs innermost thoughts and want to keep the audience guessing...but the problem here is that Dev in CB2's main competitor is Dev of CB1 who was very understanding and gentle with Radhika...here he is different and as CB audience subconsciously maybe people do not like this new Dev,...but if Devs innermost thoughts are shown it will make then understand his POV and maybe enable them accept this Dev.
Originally posted by why6

You are right about his blindness for Rohan continuing until at least he gets well.  Until now he is unable to understand or doesn't deliberately want to understand that if a girl rejects a person, a normal person doesn't go insane where he either threatens to harm himself or harm others. 
I think he does not realise that because no one at home as protested regarding Rohans tantrums.

For Dev, this only represents Rohan's unlimited love for Radhika and since Radhika's wants are a sign of self-centeredness,  he blames Radhika only.   But maybe this new found guilt of Radhika will eventually lead him to realize his own faults.  In CB1,  Amma and Vishaka's hold on Radhika finally broke when she realized that Vishaka's actions have caused Dev to feel guilty about something that wasn't his fault at all.  So they depicted that misplaced guilt of Dev and Radhika bringing him out slowly from it quite nicely.  So maybe through this vrat,  Dev would finally realize that Radhika was an innocent victim in all this and he was responsible for this.  Because after the incident, he realized (or at least I think he did) that this forced marriage was a mistake.  But then these creatives can take Radhika's guilt into totally different direction too.
Padmas reaction to Radhika and how Radhika dealt with it should have shown him that Radhika does not have any bad intentions or she does things to hurt others...and if thy bring in the vrat to show Dev how desperate Radhika is...then it will be good. But as you have said, these creatives can also use Radhikas guilt is some other way too... 

I hope they don't regress Dev one step or ping-pong his reactions.  It should be gradual realization that he was at fault and Radhika had a perfect right to refuse the marriage.
Yes.
  Eventually (not now) he would have to realize that Rohan was not the right person for Radhika and that Radhika is  an individual who has a right to choose a partner.  It shouldn't matter if Radhika was married or not.  But refusing to marry somebody doesn't make her selfish.  In fact, she was saving two people being miserable in a relationship where one is not committed to the other person and other is unstable.  But it is more than likely that they would never show this kind of realization on any character's part as everything is revolved around "dharam-adharam" for these writers.  So they would show Dev finally accepting that it was his destiny to be with Radhika.  Then he would fight with family members for his and Radhika's rights.  
Yes again,...their constant reference to dharam-adharam is also pointing to what you have said... 

Ok, on a lighter note:  Misti, you were right about Dev and Rohan being soulmates.  Rohan is the one who fed Dev the "Pehli Rasoi".  That was followed by Kanha music that "all is alright with the world now".  So in a sense,  Radhika is the third wheel coming between Dev and Rohan and hence Dev's strong reaction.  She is taking away his true love Rohan from him.
😆 Also Rohan by his actions might be pushing Dev to realise that Radhika is his and not Rohans...so Maheshwari's spoiling of Rohan is resulting in all this to happen.😃
[/QUOTE]