Paying for My Sins: A Novel, Prologue pg 1

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Note: This has been posted under the name SaffronGreenSpirit by me on another site and is COPYRIGHTED. If you don't believe it, you can PM me. πŸ˜Ž So please, if you copy, you might just find someone more powerful than me kicking your butt. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

This is dedicated to Sanjna4..who motivated me to post it here...thanks Sanju! πŸ˜ƒ

Oh and please leave a comment or press the 'like' button if you can! πŸ˜ƒ

Love,
Megha, aka Megz. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Paying for my Sins: Prologue1

Have you ever experienced boredom?2

You know what boredom is, that feeling of not having anything to do, when life seems absolutely pathetic and worthless. That's what my life was, a big bore. For sixteen years I was treated like a six-year old child. In my school, no one wanted to talk to me, owing to my over-protective father, who was, to say the least, quite frightening. With his bushy eyebrows and thin moustache and large dark eyes, he scared everyone. He would always tell me not to accept invitations to parties and to be quiet and speak less.3

'Children are meant to be seen, not heard,' was his favourite quote.4

People mistook my silence for snobbishness. They used to think I thought myself superior to others, owing to my large estate. Little did they know that the estate was now simply an old mansion with creaky gates, and an even creakier foundation, the paint was fading and the plaster was cracked, and the lake was scummed over with algae, and hardly my 'personal swimming pool' as some classmates loved to say. The gardens were now just weeds, not blooming flowers. But how would anyone know? From a distance it looked glorious, but no one really got to go inside and see it up close. Yep, you guessed it right-Daddy dearest again.5

I didn't know whether to be happy people didn't know how destitute I really was, or be sad they didn't know me at all.6

But despite all his protectiveness, I loved him. Yes, I couldn't watch the television or go to the cinema without his supervision, but he was not a monster, as it was rumoured. He was simply a soft-spoken middle-aged man who cared for his daughter, to the extent of hindering her social life to a large extent. 7

My father would say that the world was full of cruel people and that when I was matured enough, he would send me out into it. I actually felt quite sorry for him, because he was so lonely. I was still young, and I could always explore the estate, but he wanted to live an inactive life, and I guess I would have landed up like him, if he had not been different from other over-caring dads.8

But he was different. He was training me all the while. I still hold no resentment against him. Better to have known what death is, rather than waited for it with subconscious fright your whole life. I was not your ordinary school girl. I was born to be enslaved my whole life. And yet it's funny, how slavery is not what you read in books, with people being chained and beaten up. Sometimes slavery simply means that your free will, the most important gift of God to you, is taken away from you-either by your own doing, or by force. Slavery doesn't neccesarily mean being bought by someone or being imprisoned. It can also mean being indebted to someone beyond the point of simply repaying a favour. 9

I could never repay the favour, and hence I live this life.10

But let me tell you one thing: maybe, maybe sometimes, having someone else make the decisions for you is good. It saves you from confusion, or from making painful choices, ones that you will regret later. But after years of slavery, when I was finally given the chance to do what I wanted, I found it threatening my existence. 11

I'm Katherine. I've paid for my sins, just like someone else paid for me when I was born...and it was not my enslavor, but my poor mother. 12
res
---edited---
Megha u r awesome writter
What a selection of words a nd what showdown of emotions
And a person who has experienced so loneliness can write up like this... Once u start reading then u have to forget everything around you and ur story is really in so much flow that you goes up with the flow.
And seriously u depicted loneliness so true. A peson who is experienced in loneliness in his or her lige can write and understands it much better.

and the best part ws where u wrote that my father is doing this for me only.
seriously i ws keeping myself at that girl's place thanx to ur writting
you are superb writterπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by sanjna4 - 12 years ago
wow . i have no words pls continie and when you do pls pm me . seriously you are talented . totally this is for you . i am ur fan
Edited by koyal-kajal - 12 years ago
Awww this is so attraCtive and blissful .. All i must say .. A Natural Lines u've spoken ..
Lovely and awesome .. Hugs
πŸ€—
Edited by Cute.Sadaf - 12 years ago
Neat stuff Megz! πŸ‘

I'm afraid I'm not much of a know how in context of Vampire Romance - the fancy for it never really took flight in my case - but just reading this prologue made a very intriguing read. 

I really like your play with insinuations and facts - it reveals perfectly enough to keep one waiting for more! 

Are you going to do individual prologues for each character? Just curious - also, what was the numbering about at the end of each passage break? A consequence of copy paste from your other site? 

Basically, great start. I'm curious enough, if nothing else in terms of the genre, to definitely hang around. Plus, it's you (:

xx
JZee
Originally posted by JZephyr

Neat stuff Megz! πŸ‘

I'm afraid I'm not much of a know how in context of Vampire Romance - the fancy for it never really took flight in my case - but just reading this prologue made a very intriguing read. 

I really like your play with insinuations and facts - it reveals perfectly enough to keep one waiting for more! 

Are you going to do individual prologues for each character? Just curious - also, what was the numbering about at the end of each passage break? A consequence of copy paste from your other site? 

Basically, great start. I'm curious enough, if nothing else in terms of the genre, to definitely hang around. Plus, it's you (:

xx
JZee

Yeah...it's a result of copy paste. πŸ˜†
no..i think the entire story will be from her pov only..πŸ˜†
thanks Zee! πŸ˜ƒ
i really dont know wat to say megzy πŸ˜ u never fail to impress me each time i get ur pms...

i used to love twilight saga but lost my interest half way through but now im a fan of my lil shakespear... god bless u baby sis im sure u'l turn out to be a wonderful writer one fine day!!!! 

lots of love & hugs
Wow Meg... i have never liked vampire stories seriously but looks like u are going to change that opinion of mine!πŸ‘

The condition, the feelings of the girl are so nicely expressed.  It is very difficult to make the reader understand the character's pain but you definately have the talent to capture the reader's attention!