Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
look forward to the next update, this one was very well done!
angel_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey dish...🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

amazing update...

wonderful...it looked so real...

shan & khanak...love their gestures & convo...amazing...
continue soon...
shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
lovely lovely lovely lovely n simly awww gr8 going:)
shiksha_03 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
it ws realy gud pls continue soon
dishbhan thumbnail
This is a short one before their first interaction ...

Part3: Travel to the land across seas

The lunch at the wedding is over after a lot of hustle-bustle "khana khilana". The worst being Khanak made to give morsel to Shaan in front of everybody. They had all teased her that this is how she will have to feed him all her life ... Shaan had just given a small smile and left at it. And when it was his turn he had fed some of the food to her nose on purpose. She so hated him for that.

Khanak and Shaan have posed for lots of photos. And most of the photos must have shown her angry as she was getting hyper with his antics going on. By the first 4-5 he was also tired of smiling. And she knew he wanted to be his normal self.

Finally his Khushboo bhabhi came by and asked how many more and the photographer said last 2-3. She looks at him and sees he is also tired now. They both had not slept more then 3-4 hours yesterday night. They badly needed some rest.

Photographer made them poise more for the remaining photographs and finally once done they breathed a sigh of relief and headed after khushboo bhabhi to his room. The room was crowded with all the packing going on. Khanak's bags were yet to be brought. They just stood at the entrance of the room and looked in as to what were they supposed to do. Khushboo pulls them in, clears the mess off the only sofa in the room and makes them sit there. "Relax you both. Is there anything that you want me to bring from your room Khanak"

Khanak nods in a no to her.

Khushboo: "your bags are packed and ready? You can tell your bro to get it out at the door when we are leaving. In another 30 mins bidaai will be done?"

Khanak nods and looks down.

The day had come when she would be leaving her house permanently and go to the person she loved, who was her lifeline now. She could barely remember her pain 1 year back when she had decided to take the opportunity to go to London leaving her family behind in India.

Flashback - Mumbai Airport: 17th April 2010
Khanak was with her 30" big bag, a small cabin bag and her laptop case on her shoulders with a passport cover in her hand, at the CST airport at 10:00 pm. She was checking in 3 hours prior to her London flight. Her Bai and Ada (Mom-Dad) had come with her bro Mangal to drop her. Bai's eyes were swollen with the lots of crying she had done from yesterday night, Khanak's eyes were moist, but had a smile on her face as she was going towards her dream, to visit an international destination on one of the most demanding projects of her company. Her only support was her bro, who had a wide grin on his face, proud of her and her achievements. It was not everyday that a girl went abroad from their community.

Most of the girls went abroad after marriage to an NRI. But his sister was going on her merit at work. Mangal and Ada were very happy men, taking pride in her. But at the same time they were making her cautious of the outside world, asking her to be careful. She was attentive, they were to most important men in her life and she was where she was just because of their support. Not all girls got the support that she received for the 4 years of engineering she did.

Her granny had almost thrown a fit 10 years back when she had decided to take Science for her 10+2 and then when she had decided to go for engineering after her 12th, she had a heart attack. But her bro and her Ada had stood by her choice and supported her thru her studies and then also for her job in Mumbai top IT firm. Bai was not too happy with the situation, as she expected that girl of her age be married and bearing children of her own and not working for money or fame or achievement as Khanak mentioned multiple times. Today she knew after Ada and Bai returned home they will be hearing a lot from Dadi about her travelling alone to a place across seas.

She bid good byes for a last time and took their blessings and gave hugs to each one of them, consoling her mom "Bai, it's just a short term assignment, I will be back in 6 months, and then she will marry wherever you want me to."

Bai looked at her "I know all these words are just for now, you will go there, raise the expectations and then when we show any guy you will crib that he is not engineer, he is not smart, he does not earn enough!"

Khanak: "No Bai, I won't, really!"

Bai: "I know you will not, but these two are there na, your saviours!!! They will show all the drama for selecting the right person as your husband and I know you will also be taking their help to say no instead of saying it directly! hmph"

Khanak had that mischievous smile on her face and then she made a crying baby face to her mother and says "aap tho sab janti ho tho phir aisa ladka mat dhundna mere liye jo hum mana karenge. Problem solved."

Bai: "Pata nahi kaisa ladka dhundu tere liye. Shayad tujhe hi wahan se koi dhundna padega tere layak!"

Khanak: "Tumhe chalega tho pakka bai" again a mischievous smile comes to her face.

Bai now really angry, forgotten about her crying "Khabardar jo tyati koi pasand kari aavis chokri! Shadi tho humare pasand se hi hogi" (I warn you if u select anyone there for marriage, your marriage will be as per our choice)

Managal interrupts seeing things going out of hand "Khanak, time jo, tanne late thayshe, ja aven... pachiti phone karis tya pochine. " (Its time, Go now, call once u reach there)

Khanak hugs him and bai once again and says her byes to Dad as well and hurries in searching for the counter for checking in her luggage. She turns around and sees them one last time before going into the queue at the Jet Airways counter.

Little had she known that it would be a long journey going thru a lot of changes in the next 6 months

The next one will have their first interaction in the flashback it self ... page 5

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1682936?pn=5

~Cheers,
Dish

Edited by dishbhan - 12 years ago
Aussiegal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi Dish, wonderful update. looking forward to your next chapter. are you PM ing anyone with updates. if so can you add my  name to it.. 😊👍🏼
simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Awww!! So cute Dish!!

Loved, just loved the detailed marriage part!!

Shaan is extremely naughty as always!! Hehe

And then prepartions to leave the homeland forever!! Sad but happens!

Lovely, pls continue soon!!
RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hei dish,

first of all say me whether it is SS/FF?

i have a feel that it is going to be more than a SS..

it was a wonderful update..the whole convo in airport was nice..

khanak said he that mom that she'll choose her life partner if that is ok with her..naughty girl..

supportive aada n bha..caring bai n daadi..its so nice..

eagerly waiting for shaan-khanak's 1st meet..
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Sooo cute !!

Loved it !