ShaNak SS - Sathi Sath Nibhana:Pt11|Pg25 17Sep11

dishbhan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hello Friends,

This my first attempt at writing a story on my two favourite characters - Shantanu and Khanak of course!

Hope you guys like it. There is no major story line that I have created, but some scenes I had written out sometime back.

Part1: The Wedding

Finally this was the day she had dreamt of. The event of a lifetime in India that every girl dreams for - Marriage!!!!!

Khanak looked at herself in the mirror and could not believe her image seen across. She was a bride!!! Not exactly a princess, but was the beautiful bride adorning a beautiful Saree and wedding jewelry, delicate ones that she had selected long time ago over a period of time. The choice of saree was his and the jewelry, not a heavy one as she did not like heavy stuff, but was the best one of her small collection. Though the one she was wearing was not as small, but a mid-size necklace. She was looking like a typical bride. The immediate thought that came to her mind was how he would be looking in his kurta, it was a white one with red embroidery and a red stroll to go on it, that she had selected. The thought of him made her shy and she blushed.

Meanwhile, there was a lot of commotion that the groom had arrived, the bride's family hurried towards the gate to meet the groom's family. The bride's mother took the aarti thal and did arti for him and the baratis. Bride's father shook hands with his father where as the mothers just shared smiles and did some amount of hand holding. Mangal, Khanak's brother and cousins welcomed the groom in.

The pandit said, "No-no, the groom is to be brought by the parents of bride holding the little finger and need to give him milk to drink."

Shaan scrunched his nose at the name of milk. And her bro and cousins laughed at his expressions. Bai, Khanak's mother, just asked him to take one sip and then Ada brought him into the mandap.

All the baratis were being served water, tea, cold drinks. Shaan was busy scanning the mandap for her, searching for the one person who was most important for him today, his soul-mate, his Khanak. Just the thought of her brought a smile on his face and he immediately looked down and then gathered himself and turned back at her Bai who was saying something about 30 minutes left for the wedding vidhis to start.

The families had decided to go for a Gujarati wedding during the day and then the same night there will be a Punjabi reception as well.

Khanak's heart started pounding loudly in her chest as soon as she heard that the Barat had arrived. She rustled a bit and the parlor girl held her in the right direction, saying "Please hiliye mat, makeup kharab ho jayega." She went back to her original position looking at the mirror, and a small smile crept onto her face thinking of their discussion about the marriage a few days back.

"Boss, bhool jao tumhari wish, I want you to change it, pata kaise chalega Shadi hui hai ke nahi?" Shantanu says irritated.

Khanak: "Arre, aise kaise naam change kar doon, will u change your name to my surname after marriage?"

Shantanu: "All the women in the world do it, why not you, yahan aise hi hota hain. I mean India mein."

Khanak: "Par hum tho UK wapas ja rahe hain na? tho kya farak padta hain"

Shantanu: "That's precisely the point, how will we prove we are married there, when the name is different, there will be issues. You know I don't have any problem otherwise. Please understand na yaar"

Khanak: "I don't understand, there are so many who have not changed, so they cannot travel together is it?"

Shantanu: "It's impossible to argue with you, do what you want. Tum itni ziddi kyu ho jati ho yaar"

Khanak: "I will add your name as Spouse, so that should not be any problem right. Ok? Anyways you also need to do that'" smiles

Shantanu: "I know this is going to be a problem, but you are not ready to see into the future."

Khanak: "I know it will be, but I have always been against the name change of girls after marriage, how do I change my ideologies now. Also I will have to update it in like 20-25 places (multiple banks, DMAT, Insurance, etc.) that will take a very long time. Please na'" Looks at him in a pleading way.

Shantanu: "Do whatever you want." Goes and sits on the sofa, calling "Harilal, ek cup chai lana."

Khanak: "Let me make it for you"

Shantanu: "Koi jaroorat nahi hain makhan lagane ki"

She turns midway from her walk towards the kitchen to look at him and meets his eyes, "tho shadi ke baad bhi chai nahi banaungi aapke liye, hai na?" smiling.

He says "koi jaroorat hi nahi hain, tumhari ideology mein 'girls gharmein akele kaam kyu kare' nahi aata?"

Khanak: "hain na ' but ghar ka khana jyada jaroori hain and better to cook your food on your own.' Harilal tho London mein nahi honge na. Pati ke nakhre bhi mujhe hi uthane hain wahan. Indian guys abhi tak utne mature nahi hain ke samjhe biwi ko madad chahiye hoti hain for household work, more so when she is working too"

Shaan: "How can u even say that, London mein aadhe time tho tumne mere gharpar, mere haath ka bana khana khaya hain"

Khanak: "Hello, aadhe time nahi, only 1 day of the weekend who bhi kabhi kabhi. Baki din tho tumhara dabba bhi main banakar deti thi aur weekdays ka dinner bhi jyada mere yahan hi hota tha. Hadd hain, log ek baar ka credit kitni baar lenge. hmph" Mock angry at his comment.

He couldn't resist a smile, the feminist that she was; she could not tolerate the comments on women at all. He approached her and softly says in her ears, wounding his arms around her waist "Oh meri Jhansi ki rani, ab chai banaogi ya nahi?" Smiling inwardly for irritating her so much "Itna gussa kahanse laati ho yaar'".

Back to reality, she was smiling widely and the makeup person said "madam kya hua". She quickly regained her posture and said "kuch nahi. Is it done? Please jyada mat karo, I want a natural look."

Outside everyone was hovering over Shantanu, asking him if he needs anything, some are talking about their travel to London, someone is asking about honeymoon destination, some about the Punjabi wedding in the evening,' and on and on. He is tired of all the questions, Mangal understands and comes to him and tells him to sit in his room on the other side of the mandap till the ceremony starts and the bride comes.

Immediately after he reached his room, he picked his phone and dialed her number. She picked it up after sometime and he immediately asked "kitna time lagati ho". She whispered "makeup ho raha hain na, abhi baat nahi kar sakti, abhi bhi chal raha hain".

"hey, phone mat katna, kitna time lagega, I need to talk to you, phir bahar tho tum kuch bologi nahi '" Shaan quickly spoke.

Khanak: "I think another 10-15 mins, after that anyways mom has said we will have to go out to the mandap, we will meet there. And even if I don't speak you will speak as much as you want na".

Shaan: "Haan, vaise normally you never let me speak so this will be my last chance." Smiles at the bombarding that was expected to come from her.

"Fine, I will not be speak anything going forward, not even the mantras that will get us married, how about calling off the wedding itself?" was Khanak's angry retort as expected.

Shaan was shocked and quickly said "Kya yaar, majak bhi nahi samajhti kya tum, come on. You know I was kidding".

"So was I" her giggles were heard clearly on the phone. He glared at the mirror saying "aarghhh, uuu, I will see you later, iska badla tho main lekar rahunga". He heard her mom n cousins asking her "what happened" and she sobered down saying "nothing, just a friend on the phone".

Her mom scolded "Please complete the makeup fast, wedding muhurat is fast approaching". She said a quick "bye, see you later" and disconnected.

Next Part page 3 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1682936?pn=2

Edited by dishbhan - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
dishban its extremely lovely

please please do continue it im eager to read ahead its perfect:)
RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hei dish,
really superb...doesn't look like a 1st timer..continue soon..
Aussiegal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice please continue...😊Edited by Aussiegal - 12 years ago
simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
OMG!!!

You started an OS!!???😃

Great shuruaat!!! LOL I really enjoyed the argument over name change!! So true!!!👏

Pls continue soon!!!😊
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

That was super cute...

U should turn this into an FF  !!

CONTINUE SOOON !!
-Deepali- thumbnail
Beautiful and supperb ss !!!!
Pl turn it into FF
jparker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow dishbhan...

lovely...😳 and sweet...

Lol why does she not want a name change?

Well... hoping to find out soon...

iluvmanar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
dish its awesum..pls continue...
purvi08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
dishba awesome os
please continue