Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#70!!!! (Page 3)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mru_bee

But that I guess will be true, whatever and how much ever, it has been taught or shown, finally growing up in the atmosphere will play a bigger role.

So, an ABCD will seem somewhat wannabeish when they try to do something more Indianish and an Indian will be feel wannabeish when they try to ape the western culture. Of course, this is just a general statement, there would be exceptions.

Perfectly summed upClapLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mru_bee

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
s a parent, all I care about is the fact that my son learns to first respect himself, then his parents, and to some extent even his culture. Most of all, he needs to be a better human being first.

OMG LadyM...that is EXACTLY what my parents have said to my brother and I. It's not just about fitting in to culture and stuff...it's about grasping the good values from both cultures in such a way that it makes you a better person. Big smile

Dang it! i feel out of place here. Isn't there anyone else like me?Ermm

Edited by Ramy25 - 13 May 2011 at 10:00am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mru_beeLadyMcbeth

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

You? Offense? Shauk se loSleepySleepySleepy

*chanak* That's the sound of my heart breaking...

LOL I guess your dirty mind is SUPERIOR to Shreya's thenTongue

LOLL...I'm not sure about that. I'm sure I have a dirtier mind than everyone else in this CC...well except YOU maybe.Tongue

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

Anddd HH and SN did it again...ROFL I can't stop laughing thinking about the fangirls who wanted BnB to do the deed. I imagine HH and SN will be laughing their heads off at the usual BnB fangirls' frustration. As for me, I'm pretty happy about the epi.

Has anyone other than Anu watched it? Not wanna ruin it for you guys.

I guess we should wait till at least Mels watch it..

P.S..I cried. Nothing in the world makes me more happy than crying for fiction.

I expected that you would cry...I've observed this much about you nowLOL...but that death scene especially was damn emotional so I doubt it there could be anyone that wouldn't make a deep impact on. Overall also the epi had many emotional moments...when Cam's voice caught as she was remembering him...those bits were so heartwrenching too...I didn't  cry but I found a lot of stuff very touching.

The epi was quite good...I was expecting a bit more from the BnB scene in his room after the hug on the bed...I think they could have shown him kissing her forehead or something atleast...but ah well...I know HH did this to drive the fangirls madLOL...but to me personally, it seems obvious they did do the big deed but HH never let them SEE it...haha...they  have to take the word so to speak of all the SIGNIFICANTLY meaningful looks now passing b/w BnB...the smile on Brennan's face when she first told Angela and ofcourse Angela's knowing looksLOL
LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged

More than the kids, I feel, its the parents there who are confused...have identity crises. From the families I have seen, more than half of them don't even realize what their children are going through..

Bingo Mash! You've nailed it ... we simply call our kids ABCDs. But we ourselves are confused as parents. Because we try to bring up our kids the way we were brought up, without realizing that times have changed. Maybe people back home already know this and change their behavior accordingly. But here in US, we have nothing to relate to. We adamantly do not want to raise our kids the way goras raise their kids and we simply do not have a basis for how should we change our parenting techniques based on the changing world. So the parents here are more confused than these kids are and that's what they impart on the kids ... and poor kids get the blame.

Nimrah - ROFL ...trust me, you are better off not understanding it.

Regarding yesterday's Navya: I did not comment because I found the entire episode lame. I did not want to waste my words and emotions on something that was inherently silly. Latkaoing from the auto was the highlight - it took the cake for ALL lameness. Running amidst the traffic and almost missing the bus was the second most filmy, overly dramatic moments ... and the list goes on... *yawn*

Edit: I have NOT watched the BnB episode yet ... but I want to know WHO dies?

Edited by LadyMcbeth - 13 May 2011 at 10:06am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mru_beeincandescenceAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by nureat01

You? Offense? Shauk se loSleepySleepySleepy

*chanak* That's the sound of my heart breaking...Oh please *rolls eyes*Sleepy

LOL I guess your dirty mind is SUPERIOR to Shreya's thenTongue

LOLL...I'm not sure about that. I'm sure I have a dirtier mind than everyone else in this CC...well except YOU maybe.Tongue LOL I have a dirtier mind than you?? Yeh khayaal kaise aaya madam ji?? I wasn't the one to instantly make the 69 joke, btwLOL But if you are bestowing this "honor" on me, sure I'll acceptTongue
Mru_bee IF-Dazzler
Mru_bee
Mru_bee

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

OMG LadyM...that is EXACTLY what my parents have said to my brother and I. It's not just about fitting in to culture and stuff...it's about grasping the good values from both cultures in such a way that it makes you a better person. Big smile

Dang it! i feel out of place here. Isn't there anyone else like me?Ermm

hehehe.. Amy.. EVERYONE is like you ... Each one is out of place somewhere or at some point... LOL

Nymeria

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

Edit: I have NOT watched the BnB episode yet ... but I want to know WHO dies?

It's VNM...very emotional death sequence...Emily's acting especially was superb in that scene.

Go to top