Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#70!!!! (Page 137)

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
LOL Vasu, it popped up when i was looking for this.---

Khushi
Khushi

An 18 year old small town girl from UP. Simple rooted in family and is driven by a clear moral compass. She stands for what she believes in, and never lets go of her inculcated values. She will not change herself to conform to people's shallow expectations. She is righteous, intelligent but slightly nave at the same time.
  Ummm 18 year old?! WTH?  From what angle does she look 18?Stern Smile why don't indian shows get over the fact that girls in real life are older than 18?!

Arnav
Arnav

A 28 year old self made, ruthless, 'win at all costs' man. He believes everything can be bought in the world, including love. He has no consideration for relationships and can even manipulate people to achieve his ambitions. ummm aren't there bazillion male leads with same background?

Payal
Payal

Payal is Khushi's elder sister. She is thoughtful and mature, as opposed to the impulsive Khushi. Payal understands and supports Khushi in all matters. Her marriage breaks when Khushi takes a stand against the dowry demand. Yet she is rationalises the whole issue and stands by Khushi when the entire family denounces her.typical

Garima Gupta
Garima Gupta

Garima is Khushi and Payal's mother. She is somebody who considers self respect and family honour topmost. Fear of infamy haunts her, as she has gone through that ordeal when she was a young woman.typical

Shashi Gupta
Shashi Gupta

Shashi Gupta runs a sweet shop, Saatvik Mishtaan Bhandaar, in a interior lower middle class area of Lucknow. A man of modest and honest means, he has belived that "ties of the heart are stronger than ties of blood". He is married to Garima, who is his second wife. Payal is his real daughter from his first marriage, and Khushi was brought in as an orphan by Garima. Nevertheless, he has never treated Khushi any different from Paytal. Both his daughters are the apples of his eye.again typical

Buaji
Buaji

Though everyone calls her Buaji, her real name is Indira Gupta. She is Shashi Gupta's elder sister. Bua is a widow, very conservative and traditional in her approach. She is strict and appears rude, though somewhere deep down, she means well. She had migrated Lucknow to Delhi with her husband. Their marriage was issueless. She runs a small-time business from her house.Dude! this woman looks scary in this lil pic.LOL

Edited by Ramy25 - 26 May 2011 at 4:19pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Melissapsawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
There's a TEN YEAR age gap between them? Shocked She may be of "marriageable age" but that's still wrong!

MelissaNymeria

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
A random question - why do selfmade, ruthless, wealthy businessmen never believe in love? Ermm Can't selfmade, ruthless, wealthy businessmen be human too? Do they have to be stereotypical? And why, for once, can we not have a leading lady who doesn't cower in front of the guy and change him through her "clear moral compass"and "inculcated values" but instead through her sharp intelligence and wit?!

MelissaNymeria

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

A random question - why do selfmade, ruthless, wealthy businessmen never believe in love? Ermm Can't selfmade, ruthless, wealthy businessmen be human too? Do they have to be stereotypical? And why, for once, can we not have a leading lady who doesn't cower in front of the guy and change him through her "clear moral compass"and "inculcated values" but instead through her sharp intelligence and wit?!

Now that is the most popular question with no answer Vasu.Ermm

Don't get how they write a character of the female lead as 18 year old but that character is never like an 18 year old!
somya plays a 19 year old in Navya,  she acts like a 19 year old and  looks 19 as well.
But this chick surely doesn't look 18.Stern Smile

Edited by Ramy25 - 26 May 2011 at 4:30pm

psawyerAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

LOL Vasu, it popped up when i was looking for this.---

Khushi
Khushi

An 18 year old small town girl from UP. Simple rooted in family and is driven by a clear moral compass. She stands for what she believes in, and never lets go of her inculcated values. She will not change herself to conform to people's shallow expectations. She is righteous, intelligent but slightly nave at the same time.
  Ummm 18 year old?! WTH?  From what angle does she look 18?Stern Smile why don't indian shows get over the fact that girls in real life are older than 18?!

[email protected] when will indian shows get that indian girls CAN be older than 18LOLLOL

I agree about Soumya atleast looking her part and looking like a naive 19 year old...Sanaya is a petite, skinny girl so maybe they think they can pass her off as 18 cuz of that but facewise it shows that she's in her late 20s now.

And ummm Barun can't pass for a 28 year old...he looks 23 tops to meConfusedLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahNymeriapsawyer

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Hey you guys! Hug

So I watched Shor in the City today. This time I did see the whole movie in one sitting, so I won't give you guys a confused review or anything like that. LOL

But I highly recommend watching this movie if you haven't already!! It's so much fun. And it's also surprisingly poignant at times. Like you are just caught off guard with these sometimes humorous and sometimes warm, poignant moments. I really enjoyed it. Thumbs Up

Edit: *sigh* I need to come online when one of you is on sometime! :( Maybe over the weekend. TongueLOL *optimistic muh* 

Umm...W*F is up with those costumes of that Sanaya show? Confused Man, what Sanaya's wearing is like a whole new level of Behenji-ism. Seriously, that chotti and the loud/tacky colours and patterns?? Ok who dresses like that? And that too on a normal day? Don't you love how the character description of these lead heroines is always a "simple girl" and boy in no ways does their dressing sense EVER reflect that! ConfusedErmm

And yeah same with Barun's costume too. And yes I would call it a costume only. W*F is he wearing!? 

The costume designers of this show had to have some imagination (and not the good kind) to be able to even THINK of clothes like these! Confused The clothes only scream trying too hard to please. I am toh already put off by the show by these tacky costumes only. What chindi lameness. 

Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 27 May 2011 at 12:57am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrahMelissaNymeriapsawyerAreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Hey you guys! Hug

So I watched Shor in the City today. This time I did see the whole movie in one sitting, so I won't give you guys a confused review or anything like that. LOL

But I highly recommend watching this movie if you haven't already!! It's so much fun. And it's also surprisingly poignant at times. Like you are just caught off guard with these sometimes humorous and sometimes warm, poignant moments. I really enjoyed it. Thumbs Up

Edit: *sigh* I need to come online when one of you is on sometime! :( Maybe over the weekend. TongueLOL *optimistic muh* 

Umm...W*F is up with those costumes of that Sanaya show? Confused Man, what Sanaya's wearing is like a whole new level of Behenji-ism. Seriously, that chotti and the loud/tacky colours and patterns?? Ok who dresses like that? And that too on a normal day? Don't you love how the character description of these lead heroines is always a "simple girl" and boy in no ways does their dressing sense EVER reflect that! ConfusedErmm

And yeah same with Barun's costume too. And yes I would call it a costume only. W*F is he wearing!? 

The costume designers of this show had to have some imagination (and not the good kind) to be able to even THINK of clothes like these! Confused The clothes only scream trying too hard to please. I am toh already put off by the show by these tacky costumes only. What chindi lameness. 

Hey Pallo Hug How are you, yaar? We never get to see you these days! 

So you liked Shor In the City? Great - I want to see it...will see if I can this weekend. I also want to want Chalo Dilli - has anyone seen it? 

@bold - I know, right? Just once I would like to see a simple, modern yet traditional girl wearing jeans and a t-shirt...or even a nice salwar kameez that isn't all chamkeeli and bling-tastic and looking like some Punjabi Idol reject. And a long chotti with a paranda? Really? Why does simple = every colour of the rainbow at the same time? 

-Fivr-nimrah

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 3:24am | IP Logged
But even AB and Rati and others played 17-18 ki age in MJHT na? Tongue But yeah, Sanaya doesn't look like 18 yaar.. Seriously 22-23 ki bana dain ge tou kya ho jaega? Confused 

Ohhh Amy you were a SAVAN fan? ROFL ROFL and you used their KKHH moment avis too! LMAOO! LOL Anu sab k raaz janti hai, us se bach k rehna! LOL CMG tou sab ki zindagi ka kaala dhabba hai.. is CC main.. so I guess that can be excused? I hope so! LOL Sooo, Amy, are you excited to see the return of your Shravan? Tongue Tabhiii, you've been posting the promos and character sketches.. LOL Lol I'm sorry for this teasing session, but it was such an awesome chance, I couldn't let go of it.. LOL 

Vasu - Yeah, I came to know about Bajaj being a cameo through you only.. He really was my most favourite character in the show.. Big smile and yes yes, will never forgive Ekta for turning him into mad.. She's a sadist, that woman is. The couples you root for, she never unites them! Hmph! 

Anu! Anu! Anuuu! Are you going to watch the X-factor show? Sonu Nigam has had a haircut and he's back to looking normal.. Plus Shreya Ghoshal and a singing show!! I'm thinking of giving it a chance and it'll be so cool if I have someone to discuss it with me. *eager muh* Big smile

Pallavi - *hugs* Yaaar, its been ages since we last talked.. I loved your BBB icons.. Specially Anushka ones. They were so pretty! Day Dreaming And okay, on your suggestions, I have to watch Chalo Dilli and Shor In the City.. If you watch any more good movies, please do suggest! My vacations are starting and I'm going to watch all the movies that I have missed.. And you know, you should watch The President Is Coming. Its old like 3-4 years old.. But its an awesome film, at least I liked it and I think you'd like it too! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MelissaNymeriapsawyerAreYaar

Go to top