Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Mels---- check this out---

Gear up for Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? is a story of LOVE that happens to Khushi and Arnav who constantly HATE each other.

Khushi is a modest girl who basks in the love and care of her quaint family in Lucknow, who run a Halwai shop. She strongly believes in Devi Maa, truth, honesty and the goodness of people. Arnav is the richest man in Delhi, who redefines affluence as a Garment tycoon. All that matters for him is success, money and power. His life has no place for God and Goodness.

Their first encounter in Lucknow is disastrous. Arnav mistakes Khushi to be an opportunist and shatters her reputation. Only the intervention of Shyam, a very charismatic man, saves her the taunts and molestation from the local goons. As a result of Arnav's actions, Khushi has to leave her hometown with her elder sister, Payal and live with her Bua in Delhi. Arnav and Khushi's tryst with each other continues in Delhi too.
In an unusual twist of fate, Khushi by mistake ends up damaging Arnav's expensive car. Arnav blames her again and she promises to pay him back for the damages.

Khushi now has no option but to find work to honor her commitment to Arnav, and that too she has to find a suitable job without even being acquainted with the ways of Delhi. Shyam again comes to her rescue and finds her a placement.

But to Khushi's horror, she ends up working in Arnav's office. And this marks the start of a journey filled with tremendous battle of wills, hatred, adjustments, attraction and love.

Khushi likes Shyam who appears to be an erudite and rooted character as opposed to Aranv.  She thinks of him a friend while Shyam is truly besotted with her and has ulterior motives which Khushi is unaware of.

Herein begins the tryst of relationships where this seemingly romantic love triangle gets its edge and a surprise twist. Due to the irony of fate; the eternal star crossed lovers โ€“ Arnav and Khushi are put into situations where they battle their emotions and feelings; where they come face to face again for sake of their cherished relationships, their family. The misunderstandings ensue, the passions collide, and there is pain and betrayal; desire and desertion; promises and commitments...

It is a story of love which can not be decoded in simple terms. When it looks like a love story of hate, the passion brings them together...when it looks like love will conquer all odds; the destiny plays its cards. The characters in this story are motivated by different forms of love which further propels the Arnav and Khushi "love" story.  The question one is left asking is that will the opposites get bound by attraction or will hatred push the chasm between them even more? Will the last person they want to be with will be the same person they cannot be without? And what will be of this "love"?

Ummm haven't we heard the same story in every darn love story show?!๐Ÿ˜ณ
Same stuff with different faces and different forms of background score.
A man and a woman meet...there's confrontation between them...which leads to them hating each other. But somehow they both end up working together...there are constant tiffs between each other ...lots of nain-matakas and trip-catch-stare routines. Then there's a third angle in between. Gradually, the dude and dudette start falling for each other ...but still deny it outwardly and ummm...they get married for some reason. Still hate each other or show each other that they hate the other. Then, more trip-catch-stare routines. Then after 9898943289482938928392738923829 days they consummate their marriage and the very next day some misunderstanding crops up and then separation and pining drama starts.๐Ÿฅฑ

yeah...it's the same exact stuff!

Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Good Morning and wishing a fabulous weekend to all ...

Long weekend starts tomorrow...

Vasu, I have to hear more stories about KZK. They are highly addictive .. hehe .. stabbed to death, yet alive, eaten by crocodile, yet alive, punched in the face, with rocks and sticks(?) .. I love it.

Speaking of violence, the maamis in Bhaagonwaali are catering to my violent tendencies .. hehe

-- Mru

Edited by Mru_bee - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Um, Amy - from that article, don't you see, it;s the EXACT story I posted a few days ago! 

Originally posted by psawyer

@Mru - You are so right. Girls get pregnant first time around if they are unmarried, but they'll have a hell of a time getting pregnant if they are the adarsh bahu and their saas wants a boy; nobody's even heard of condoms, despite the fact that the hero is such a playa and has slept with, like, a MILLION girls and the heroine is so virtuous she wears white salwar kameezes everywhere she goes and gives the hero (whom she doesn't know from Adam) long and irritating bhashans on purity and Hindustani sabratha while juggling a menial and demeaning job as the hero's PA, fixing his appointments with various non-pure girls who wear far too much make up and not enough clothes; whilst also going home every night to middle-class parents who can't afford to send her younger brother to school so she has to pay his fees, cook 7-course meals and marry an accountant who turns out to be evil. Then the supposedly impure hero saves her from the supposedly nice but actually evil accountant, falls in lust with her, gets her pregnant (the aforementioned contraception problem), and is unable to marry her because his vamp of an ex-girlfriend comes back, schemes with his evil (step)mother and tricks him into marrying her. Thus beguns the heroine's revenge.

LOLLL Oh what a bore...

Btw, what is with this awful title: 

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?

I even hate the song with this name; I'm always like, duh, is pyaar ko pyaar ka naam do, aur kya?!
AreYaar thumbnail
LMAOOO@ Khushi believing only in DEVI MAA, truth, honesty and goodness...CLICHE pe CLICHE...my GOD can this sound any worse?? LOLLL

This is like Geet rehashed, btw...and the SAME office romance for the MILLIONTH time *passes out of boredom*...Oh wow WHAT  a "fresh" story...she's going to be his secretary, they will hate each other but still have trip-catch/stare/dupatta sessions every few minutes...with their own patented bg mujic *bangs head* WAAAH what INNOVATION, SP! And seriously Sanaya...THIS is your "fresh" show to pick to work in?? LOL lage raho...Barun se toh waise bhi koi ummeed nahin...dude CAN'T act to save his LIFE! I I guess the show expects to survive on the basis of some "hawt" chemistry...LOL...I think they are going to fall flat on their face :P
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
"the eternal star crossed lovers" ... Don't know why this reminded me of Anu's statement of " cross-eyed Navya" ๐Ÿ˜†

Vasu, you should pitch the story to a channel. hehe
psawyer thumbnail
@Mru - it's like a patent ๐Ÿ˜†

More KZK stories, huh...Anu??
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mru_bee

"the eternal star crossed lovers" ... Don't know why this reminded me of Anu's statement of " cross-eyed Navya" ๐Ÿ˜†

Vasu, you should pitch the story to a channel. hehe

LMAO you are SO random, Mru...your mind seems to run on a zillion parallel track simultaneously...kya connection hai๐Ÿคฃ
psawyer thumbnail

"She strongly believes in Devi Maa, truth, honesty and the goodness of people."

Really? Because I believe in Satan, lies, lies and the inherent evilness of people. Can I have a TV love story?

And what the hell is a "Garment Tycoon"?! It would be more interesting if he were a Chaddi Tycoon! ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: psawyer

@Amy - I don't like food item either...yuck...but I love the show!

@Melissa - lol - Sampada was Anurag's third wife - he married her in the Prem-Mukti generation. She turned evil some point between the second and third generations and tried to kill him.

Aparna was a pyscho, yaar - as villains go, Komolika was comic, Sampada was blah but Aparna, with her flying hair and leather jackets was pretty damn awesome ๐Ÿ˜†

I remember the scene where Onurag and Prerna suspected Prem of being with Aparna and threw him out after watching some doctored-up video; Bajaj, being the cool, suave guy he is, discovered that the video was fake and was created by Aparna. Prerna Devi went mental, punching her, flinging her around by the hair, even picking up a massive rock to hit her with. It was pretty W*F but it was hilarious. 

and that is why I loved Bajaj! :P

Omgg when did THIS fight happen? God, I wanna watch this! ๐Ÿ˜† Anyone know the episode? ๐Ÿ˜†

Oh and hello everyone.. ๐Ÿค— STILL not free. Viva got postponed! *sigh*
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Vasu---- LOL it does sound like the plotline you mentioned a few pages back๐Ÿ˜†

Such a cliched plotline! So it will be another **Maaahi** nonsense๐Ÿ˜ณ that Geet show is such a dumbass show. That guy, Maan, whatever can't act for heaven's sake! the way he talks is just so weird...and his square jawline is just so not good looking. Over there, Geet does "Babaji babaji" all the time...while here Sanaya will do "Devi maa devi maa" all the time. **head desk**

Navya seems so different compared to this lol. It didn't start out with the cliched **HATE** routine๐Ÿ˜†