Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
And apparently Lord Mountbatten knew of the affair and gave it his "blessing", whatever that means...I always got the feeling that Lord Mountbatten was gay...😆

There's your TV show - a gay husband supporting his wife having an affair with the future first PM of India, all with a backdrop of the Imperial Raj and freedom struggle for 1947! Done, dusted, a success 😆

@Amy - no, I'm not big on POTC...haven't seen it. But read some reviews that ranged from so-so to good. 
Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Ramy25

Who here has seen PoTC- part 4? How is it?

I did, Amy.

It is a decent watch for Jack and Barbossa as usual. They should have cut off or shortened the *mermaid-Missionary love story* . I do not like it when they bring in any half baked emotional side story to such adventure-fantasy films.

And I think, all movies watched in theater look great ...hehe.. I even enjoyed * I am Four* just because I watched it in theatre.

Next in line is *Kung Fu Panda - Part 2*

-- Mru

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mru_bee

@bold: Word Anu. I also believe that if Sardar Patel had become the Prime Minister instead of Nehru, things would have been different for sure. Sardar Patel was the sane one who insisted that no independent sovereign states would exist within India after Independence. And he succeeded with all except you know which state.

Nehru had charisma, he might have been a people person, but not the personality needed to be in charge of a country reeling out of British leaving and partition mess.

-- Mru

Yeah man, he would have transformed our country...Nehru was a sissy in my opinion...I love that Sardar movie in which Paresh Rawal played his role...seriously if he'd been PM, none of the eventual mess would have happened *sigh*...he had the balls to see things through unlike Nehru...aevein Nehru involved the U.N. and stuff too to create more of a mess...This Nehru/Indira Gandhi clan...*shakes head*...le dubaaoed the country in many ways.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: psawyer

And apparently Lord Mountbatten knew of the affair and gave it his "blessing", whatever that means...I always got the feeling that Lord Mountbatten was gay...😆

There's your TV show - a gay husband supporting his wife having an affair with the future first PM of India, all with a backdrop of the Imperial Raj and freedom struggle for 1947! Done, dusted, a success 😆

LMAO...those Maryada show ppl should pick up on this and make a show...since they are so "bold" and all as they claim, no?😛😆
psawyer thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Yeah man, he would have transformed our country...Nehru was a sissy in my opinion...I love that Sardar movie in which Paresh Rawal played his role...seriously if he'd been PM, none of the eventual mess would have happened *sigh*...he had the balls to see things through unlike Nehru...aevein Nehru involved the U.N. and stuff too to create more of a mess...This Nehru/Indira Gandhi clan...*shakes head*...le dubaaoed the country in many ways.

You know, the thing is, Nehru was Harrow and Cambridge-educated and pretty much a product of that Western mindset anyway, much like Gandhiji. And this is not to disparage either of them for that - heck, I'm Cambridge educated as well ðŸ˜† but the point is that naturally his inclinations were more towards world unity as opposed to strictly inward-looking policies. Whether that was a right or wrong strategy, we can never really know; who knows how India would have been today if Sardar Patel had been PM? Who knows what India would be like if they had refused the partition of India/Pak? It's not a knowable thing but merely speculative. 

That's not to say that I am a Nehru supporter - far from it. I think he was way off base in many of his policies; but actually it's a difficult thing to run a country in the best of times...to run one when the country has just emerged from under the Empire's bloody thumbs, war-torn, divided, hostile and bitter...well, I wouldn't envy anyone that job...
Mru_bee thumbnail

I have seen that movie too. It was a great watch. I have read a couple of books.

Nehru was given that position due to his proximity to Gandhiji. In certain sense, at least Indira Gandhi was a tough cookie compared to her father.

The day, India decides that dynasty and lineage do not make a great leader, nor do *venom spewing rags to ultra rich politicians*, we might see some real change. Till then, it is *sab chalta hey*

-- Mru
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

That's EXACTLY what my granddad says! He said that if it were Sardar Patel, then it would have been a whole lot different.

@Mru--- yeah movies look good on big screens, especially IMAX screens. But after reading all the reviews, i'll just wait till it's out in the RebBox.😆 You know those $1.00 dvd rentals for a night. Why waste 10 bucks  😆
@I am Number Four--- was it good? I plan on watching it this weekend or so. I don't like Alex Pettyfer though. Timothy Oliphaunt's in it, isn't he?
psawyer thumbnail

LMAO...those Maryada show ppl should pick up on this and make a show...since they are so "bold" and all as they claim, no?😛😆

Lol...except the "gay" man will turn out to be a closet heterosexual, and the Prime Minister of India will either be a scheming Machiavellian villain sleeping with everybody or a seedha-saadhi chhora stalking some girl into marriage ðŸ˜†
Mru_bee thumbnail
Originally posted by: psawyer

Lol...except the "gay" man will turn out to be a closet heterosexual, and the Prime Minister of India will either be a scheming Machiavellian villain sleeping with everybody or a seedha-saadhi chhora stalking some girl into marriage ðŸ˜†

😆 hahahaha... stalking some girl into marriage ... 😆 😆

@Amy: If I had seen *I am four* on dvd, I would have fast forwarded through most of it. They lost the plot very early on. It is a very *teenagery superhero wannabe lame duck * story.

I wanted to see the movie because of one promo I had seen. and they cut that part out of the movie completely!!!

-- Mru

Edited by Mru_bee - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
@Vasu: Yeah true...we can only speculate what things would have turned out as if Sardar had indeed been PM...definitely it was not an easy time to be taking the reins of a country but Nehru always seemed more interested in that POSITION than actually having a vision for the future.

But all starts from the damn Britishers who even encouraged the idea to begin with :P :P...Divide and rule...very successfully achieved in India...they're probably damn proud of it too.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago