Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#70!!!! - Page 64

Posted: 12 years ago
Ok I lied. 

Challo Dilli isn't really that great after all. πŸ˜³ The movie got kind of weird in the second half actually. πŸ˜• Fivr now I see what you meant by the iffy reviews. I think the writer just lost the plot/ got confused in the second half of the movie. 

You know how you have expectations from a movie after you watch the first 30-60 minutes? Well basically, I had expected something different from the movie in the first half that it didn't quite deliver in the second half. 

I thought the story was going to be more along the lines of how Lara and Vinay's characters both impact each other along their journey. And while Vinay kind of shows Lara how to take it easy in life; Lara also shows him a bit of her world and broadens his mind to different ideas and ways of thinking. Since Vinay's character is pretty narrow minded that way. So basically a situational, character based story for the most part. 

But it turned out to be something a little different. There were just too many annoying W*F bits and loopholes in the second half...like the random gundes and stuff. And the maha bore 'laila' song which we FFed. And by the end the movie kind of got really preachy all of a sudden too. The first half promised to be this lighthearted, feel good movie with these subtle messages. So the first half really built up my expectations. But I was kind of loosing interest and getting bored in the second half. :(

I really liked the initial concept/idea of the movie. But the story just went kind of haywire after a point. Vinay Pathak was really awesome though. He was basically the soul of the movie. Anyways, I guess it's an ok one time watch. I so wish the story had been executed well till the end though. So much potential kind of went wasted. *sigh* 
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Ok I lied.  LOLLL Pallo you are soo CUTEEE *pulls cheeks*

Challo Dilli isn't really that great after all. πŸ˜³ The movie got kind of weird in the second half actually. πŸ˜• Fivr now I see what you meant by the iffy reviews. I think the writer just lost the plot/ got confused in the second half of the movie.  hehehe so not that great haanπŸ˜†

You know how you have expectations from a movie after you watch the first 30-60 minutes? Well basically, I had expected something different from the movie in the first half that it didn't quite deliver in the second half. Aaah ya I know what u mean

I thought the story was going to be more along the lines of how Lara and Vinay's characters both impact each other along their journey. And while Vinay kind of shows Lara how to take it easy in life; Lara also shows him a bit of her world and broadens his mind to different ideas and ways of thinking. Since Vinay's character is pretty narrow minded that way. So basically a situational, character based story for the most part. 

But it turned out to be something a little different. There were just too many annoying W*F bits and loopholes in the second half...like the random gundes and stuff. And the maha bore 'laila' song which we FFed. And by the end the movie kind of got really preachy all of a sudden too. The first half promised to be this lighthearted, feel good movie with these subtle messages. So the first half really built up my expectations. But I was kind of loosing interest and getting bored in the second half. :( Awww *hugs* first half built up the expectations and second half oh so cruelly shattered those very expectations .. hota hai...  y

I really liked the initial concept/idea of the movie. But the story just went kind of haywire after a point. Vinay Pathak was really awesome though. He was basically the soul of the movie. Anyways, I guess it's an ok one time watch. I so wish the story had been executed well till the end though. So much potential kind of went wasted. *sigh* eh tou hota hai but chalo atleast one time watch tou hai warna most of the movies these days are a pain to watch one time even
Edited by -Faith- - 12 years ago
And FINALLLYYY I catch u OL..πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Dhak ki tikki Dhak ki tikki Dhakkk *maaring slow mo thumkas*

Zainuuu!! πŸ€—πŸ€— 

I know finally! :D *joins in the dhak ki tikki dhak ki tikkis* *slow mo thumkes in sync* πŸ˜Ž

Zainuuu!! πŸ€—πŸ€—  PallloooπŸ€—πŸ€—

I know finally! :D *joins in the dhak ki tikki dhak ki tikkis* *slow mo thumkes in sync* πŸ˜Ž

Hehehe the dhak ki tikki dhak ki tikki twins... We can start our own dhak ki tikki dance form😎 and beat all those hip hop and locking popping aur pata nahi kaun kaun say dance formsπŸ˜†

How have you been???

We so should. πŸ˜Ž Popping locking te hip hop ship hop toh don't even stand a chance against our slow mo style moves. πŸ˜Ž Created by apne Gogoji after all. Ok that reminds me of Fatty's sig...the 'Gogo ji...apka ghagra' one. πŸ€£

*cue slow mo dance party* *marroes slowest thumkes possible* *lehraoes ghagra* πŸ€£

*ahem* Yeah toh I'm fine shine. We had a long weekend here in Canada since it was Victoria Day today. Plus it was chilly/raining outside so we all just stayed inside and watched movies. Well just one movie...Chalo Dilli. And then we were watching these videos of my cousin's wedding. He got married just this past year in November. So a pretty relaxing day overall. And now I should head to bed soon, since I have to go to work tomorrow morning. 

But you tell...how're you doing? How's your family/brothers and all?
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL Pallo...I KNEW you'd make avis on Vrushali's performance...haha...sirf avis show off karne ke liye you landed up at the CC :P haha you knew I would? Ok either I am too predictable, or you know me too well now. πŸ˜›πŸ˜† I prefer the second one. It feels kinda nice actually when someone gets to know you like that. πŸ˜›πŸ€—πŸ˜†

And umm no I did not just come here to show off those avis, why would you ever think that?...*masoom muh* *Sudarshan style shifty eyes*...Ok fine, maybe just a teensy bit.. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

LOL J/K...lovely avis yaar! Looks like Vrushali is your only motivation to make avis...you don't make avis on anything else...lol Thanks Anu! *hugs* LOL Yeah it kinda is my only motivation to make avis. Sahi pehchana once again. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† I like capturing those dance moves/expressions. πŸ˜† I don't need motivation to make anything else anyways, since you always make enough avis on everything else I watch. Actually, I don't even watch anything else these days besides DKS and Kismat...and the random English shows of course. Just waiting for BALH. :)

I really enjoyed her act too even though it wasn't clear in some steps like you said...Alisha is a sharper dancer but Vrushali's grace and fantastic expressions make her fun to watch...plus like you said, she was the only relaxed contestant there I'd say who was just dancing for the love of it...her and Mayuresh share that positivity trait :-) Word. 

Oh wow I didn't notice the clock poses that Mayuresh-Bhavna were making...will have to watch again to catch that. Yeah watch it again. I don't think it's me over-imagining things. I think those poses were intentional that way. I got convinced about that especially with the last end pose of theirs. Watch it and tell me if you see the same thing.

Originally posted by nureat01

Oh no! Mayuresh is dating Vandana??😲  There goes my Mayuresh-Vrushali shipper heart all brokenπŸ˜†...Yaar seriously him and Vandana?? Hmmm he could do better.
Woah what? πŸ˜² Seriously? Damn...I was totally shipping Mayuresh and Vrushali as a couple too. πŸ˜† They look so good together, and made such a great team too. :( I am questioning Mayuresh's taste now. πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Oh and talking about funny moments on DKS...you know you and Zainu talking about Manish's one liners. I also found that moment hilarious after Paulson did his 'contemporary thoda temporary' performance. πŸ˜† And Remo asks him why he was licking himself. πŸ˜• And he replies that he got inspired from Punit and figured that's what you do in contemporary. πŸ€£ I seriously cracked up big time there! Especially since Paulson's performance only was so W*F...and upar se that licking thing! πŸ€£ 

Actually Paulson and Manish together also are damn hilarious. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by -Fivr-

P.S. Sorry Pallavi!!! *horrified muh*  I really must have been super sleepy.. I cannot believe I mixed up your name!! πŸ˜³

*starts sit-ups as punishment and continues on until Pallavi says otherwise*

Ok first you mix up my name, and then you make me feel like a gundi aurat who demands sit-ups and all. I think you got me mixed up with Zainu's gunda gardi ways. πŸ˜†

Ok just for that, I demand another round of sit-ups. This can be like your training for your ultimate thumke performance for Zainu. πŸ˜† See it's all been preplanned. πŸ˜Ž

Edit: Ok I can't get the formatting for all these quotes right. :( I give up. 
Edited by pigbelly4myfeet - 12 years ago

We so should. πŸ˜Ž Popping locking te hip hop ship hop toh don't even stand a chance against our slow mo style moves. 😎 Created by apne Gogoji after all. Ok that reminds me of Fatty's sig...the 'Gogo ji...apka ghagra' one. πŸ€£

*cue slow mo dance party* *marroes slowest thumkes possible* *lehraoes ghagra* πŸ€£

LOLLL OMGGG yaaa that would be perfect costume for us.. We could be the GOGO GHAGRA GIRLS 😎 And the slow mo thumka and ghagra lehraoing could be our signature step...
And we can use gottiyan as props
🀣 And burst into a 'ankhein nikal kay gotiyan kheloon gi' step randomly in between
Oh ya loved that sing by Fatty.. Pure genius like always..

*ahem* Yeah toh I'm fine shine. We had a long weekend here in Canada since it was Victoria Day today.. Ohhh nice long weekend.. ya Sarah was mentioning it tooo... Plus it was chilly/raining outside so we all just stayed inside and watched movies. Well just one movie...Chalo Dilli. And then we were watching these videos of my cousin's wedding. He got married just this past year in November. So a pretty relaxing day overall. And now I should head to bed soon, since I have to go to work tomorrow morning. Aww watching shaadi ki videos... lol Shaadi ki video may tou you get to notice every little detail.. Who wore what and what not... Khud attend karney say ziyada video dekh kar u feel like you attended!
Oh ya it must be late there... Aur long weekend kay baad going to work tomorrow ... aye haye lol but jaana tou padey ga

But you tell...how're you doing? How's your family/brothers and all?Family fine.. Brothers fine... Nephews (well bro and bhabi too) coming in Mid June so counting days for that

Woah what? πŸ˜² Seriously? Damn...I was totally shipping Mayuresh and Vrushali as a couple too. πŸ˜† They look so good together, and made such a great team too. :( I am questioning Mayuresh's taste now. πŸ˜›πŸ˜† I knoww same here *shakes head*

Oh and talking about funny moments on DKS...you know you and Zainu talking about Manish's one liners. I also found that moment hilarious after Paulson did his 'contemporary thoda temporary' performance. πŸ˜† And Remo asks him why he was licking himself. πŸ˜• And he replies that he got inspired from Punit and figured that's what you do in contemporary. πŸ€£ I seriously cracked up big time there! Especially since Paulson's performance only was so W*F...and upar se that licking thing! πŸ€£ 

Actually Paulson and Manish together also are damn hilarious. πŸ˜†ya they are deffo hilarious together

Ok first you mix up my name, and then you make me feel like a gundi aurat who demands sit-ups and all. I think you got me mixed up with Zainu's gunda gardi ways. πŸ˜† OYEEE  mein itni Gundi-giri bhi nahi karti... I never demanded SIT-UPS... Only a few taraktey bhartey masoom little thumkey.. that is ALL I ask for *masoomest of masoom muhs*

Ok just for that, I demand another round of sit-ups. This can be like your training for your ultimate thumke performance for Zainu. πŸ˜† See it's all been preplanned. πŸ˜Ž Woh pehlay hi itni training kar chuki hai... practice kar kar kay.. kar kar kay... *shakes head* you are right ab tou ULTIMATE thumke performance hi ho gi
Originally posted by -Faith-

LOLLL OMGGG yaaa that would be perfect costume for us.. We could be the GOGO GHAGRA GIRLS 😎 And the slow mo thumka and ghagra lehraoing could be our signature step...
And we can use gottiyan as props
🀣 And burst into a 'ankhein nikal kay gotiyan kheloon gi' step randomly in between Perfect. πŸ˜Ž OMG LMAO at the 'ankhein nikal kay gotiyan' step. πŸ€£This should be like a patented dance step for life man! It sounds so tapori style. Like the type of moves Govinda does. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜† Hey, wait...isn't there a Govinda song like that too? The 'akhiyon se goli mareyy' one? πŸ€£

Oh Zainu...the image of us doing all these AWESOME moves in our even AWESOMER costume! β­οΈπŸ€£

Oh ya loved that sing by Fatty.. Pure genius like always..True, her AAA update was like the awesome-est. Ok I need to stop using the word awesome now. πŸ˜³

Aww watching shaadi ki videos... lol Shaadi ki video may tou you get to notice every little detail.. Who wore what and what not... Khud attend karney say ziyada video dekh kar u feel like you attended! Yeah so true. Me and mom were also noticing all the clothes and random people's harkatein. πŸ˜† It's funny because people aren't aware of what they are caught doing on camera. πŸ˜† But yeah, watching the videos you do feel like you were there. But actually attending a wedding..uska toh alag hi mazza hota hai. πŸ˜

Oh ya it must be late there... Aur long weekend kay baad going to work tomorrow ... aye haye lol but jaana tou padey ga
Yeah...the weekend went by so fast...as always. πŸ˜† Not looking forward to going to work tomorrow now. :( lol

Family fine.. Brothers fine... Nephews (well bro and bhabi too) coming in Mid June so counting days for that Oh that's awesome! Yeah the summer time is always when relatives come over to stay and stuff na? I remember going to my bhua's house and stuff too during summer holidays back when I was in India...and a school kid. Those days were so great. πŸ˜† But yay, mid June toh is almost here. Exciting stuff!! πŸ˜ƒ