Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I don't even see the need for that post to begin with, Amy...timepass nautanki?? Aevein *rolls eyes*

I personally find Soumya to be better than Mohit...Mohit was extremely artificial in his role as Samrat...but ofcourse ppl only care to drool over gore-chitte "good looks" apparently *yawns*

Everyone finds that one expression of Soumya's annoying as do I but I still don't think she's as horrible as ppl are making her out to be.
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have seen bits and pieces of that show and well that Samrat character. He seemed like he was trying too hard everytime. His portrayal of college's hunk was so not convincing. it seemed artificial.
Whereas, Somya's portrayal of Navya seems natural. Yeah she definitely has flaws...major one being that fixated expression of hers. But still when she's doing something else, she is quite pleasant. As you mentioned, it could be that the director is making her repeat those scared looks i guess because if you watch her off screen videos, she's seems more happy, always smiling sort of girl.
But there's no reason to say that she is not  good for role because she is "not as good looking." Ummm neither is Shaheer. He ain't someone i would call "good looking". They don't fit the stereotypical "hunk and pretty damsel" category, and in a way it's actually good that they don't.
Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ramy25

I have seen bits and pieces of that show and well that Samrat character. He seemed like he was trying too hard everytime. His portrayal of college's hunk was so not convincing. it seemed artificial. LOL yes it wasn't even REMOTELY convincing...it was quite cringe-inducing to be honest...He was THE most unconvincing portrayal of a "college hunk" EVER in my opinion...such a kid...and yes VERY artificial in that role...there's a reason that the term BOOTIPHUL expressions is only copyrighted to him EXCLUSIVELY😆

Whereas, Somya's portrayal of Navya seems natural. Also Navya's character is such that her scaredyness can be justified to an extent...she doesn't come across as an artificial wannabe atleast ...Soumya is deffo more natural IMO despite the flaws and annoying expressions.

Yeah she definitely has flaws...major one being that fixated expression of hers. But still when she's doing something else, she is quite pleasant. As you mentioned, it could be that the director is making her repeat those scared looks i guess because if you watch her off screen videos, she's seems more happy, always smiling sort of girl. Yes she shows promise many times in my opinion...have you noticed her in the title montage of Navya too which they show at the end of each promo?? She looks quite natural there too...and she can be quite pleasant...if ppl aren't close-minded about her after just seeing one epi of those shifty eyed/slow motion expressions😆

But there's no reason to say that she is not a good for role because she is "not as good looking." Ummm neither is Shaheer. He ain't someone i would call "good looking". They don't fit the stereotypical "hunk and pretty damsel" category, and in a way it's actually good that they don't. Exactly...neither of them fit the usual hunk/pretty damsel category as you said...and I find that refreshing to be honest...there's plenty of good looking but VAPID pairs on screen anyways😆...and I think it's lame when ppl put her down in comparison to Shaheer on the basis of LOOKS...hello from what angle is HE a "hunk"??😕😆...yes he's a better actor than her obviously but really there isn't any point to dismissing her totally either.

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

@Vasu: You're still keeping up with Bones? I thought you'd stopped watching it since you never said anything even when we all discussed the past few epis so much in this CC :S lol...yeah it's the series finale tonight in the U.S. but it already aired in Canada last night and I know the "big" (not shocking at all) secret that Brennan tells Booth...everyone could see it coming from a mile *rolls eyes*

red - *rolls eyes with Anu* - Itni jaldi? Or do they show that 1 month has passed? 😕
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

red - *rolls eyes with Anu* - Itni jaldi? Or do they show that 1 month has passed? 😕

LOL Dunno, LadyM...I didn't read the details...just skimmed some posts but yeah they probably showed a time jump to justify the TIMING of this happening😆
LadyMcbeth thumbnail

LOL I dunno...Soumya's constant dukhiyari muh wala expression is quite annoying but Sammy boy ke BOOTIPHUL expressions are on their own level...Soumya still manages to look natural in scenes where they show Navya smiling or being playful atleast...remind me again when Sammy EVER managed to look ANYTHING but a wannabe? :P

*sits on the like button for this one*

Man is IF filled with shallow useless ppl or what *shakes head*

I don't see the need to hate on Soumya for apparently not being "good looking" enough...as if Shaheer is some Greek God or something *rolls eyes*

This is very sad. I absolutely detest it whenever people deride someone's physical attributes. It's just so tacky ... 🤢

Anu - I love your siggy...Me stealing it 😉
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL thanks, LadyM...you're most welcome to steal it :-) Btw I never read your thoughts about the last scene from yesterday's epi...I thought you only found the epi funny overall...lol
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anu - I owe it to you ... It might take a while, but I'll do it. Am in middle of a damn training which doesn't allow me to multi-task too much. I am bored already. *yawns*
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Saw today's Navya.

I have to go to school to give one of them darn tests. Will post my views later...in Anu's post.
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
All the best Amy ...

Was Navya any good?