Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Shreya-- HP stuff?!? Oh that sounds awesome!

@Anu--- what did you think of the "new" promo of Navya? Did you see it already?

I found this pic on the web---

Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
@Amy: Nope I haven't seen the promo...that is why I was asking you if you'd seen it and if you could give me an idea of what it was really like...lol

I watched yesterday's Kismat as well...Kavi's role is disappointingly boring :/ *sigh*...He didn't have much to do in yesterday's epi either...but Aditya's reactions to Kabir's latest move to destroy his airline business were interesting...lol

Btw who's going to play Kabir's daughter Zuleikha?? And what was the precap about? Vicky all randomly fascinated by a random salesgirl in a store? Hain? :S lol
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ramy25

I found this pic on the web---

Awww cute! Good that they hid most of his large frame by putting him behind herπŸ˜†...it's a cute pic...deffo making a sig later. Thanks for posting!
Nymeria thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

@Amy: Nope I haven't seen the promo...that is why I was asking you if you'd seen it and if you could give me an idea of what it was really like...lolEh i have been searching on Youtube for it...but no luck! that arnab dude who normally uploads all the promos hasn't uploaded it yet.

I watched yesterday's Kismat as well...Kavi's role is disappointingly boring :/ *sigh*...He didn't have much to do in yesterday's epi either...but Aditya's reactions to Kabir's latest move to destroy his airline business were interesting...lol Ummm the thing is that the  character of Richard in the book wasn't any interesting either. when Kane, his father, is in the picture, his character seems  nothing compared to him. Besides, the story in the book as well as the show, is all about ARM and Kabir. So the main focus is always going to be on them both.

Btw who's going to play Kabir's daughter Zuleikha?? And what was the precap about? Vicky all randomly fascinated by a random salesgirl in a store? Hain? :S lolThe girl in the promo is Zulekha. In the book, Abel's daughter Florentina is a much more powerful personality than Kane's son Richard. Actually, Florentina is the central character in the sequel to Kane&Abel --the book "The Prodigal Daughter"
They might show Zulekha being everything that ARM wished Vicky to be.

The show in general seems to be going weird in the recent episodes. so much is happening but still lot more has been left out. The lack of depth in characters has been a major setback of this show. But still I would say it was  a good attempt at showing something different.
ARM's character seems to stand out more than any other character. The portrayal of a through and through business minded man from youth to now has been quite good. Kabir's rags-to-riches story seemed typical even if the actor has done justice to the portrayal of character.

AreYaar thumbnail
That salesgirl is Zuleikha?? Woahh...but I thought she was studying in school somewhere, no?? Then what is she doing as a salesgirl?? And that girl didn't seem that impressive from the precap either :S

My mom did tell me a bit about the Prodigal daughter so I had a clue...

I agree about ARM's businessman character being nicely shown but I honestly found Kabir with all his flaws pretty interesting too from what little I've seen of the show...it cant' really be called a typical rags to riches story either given his many complicated relationships with every person in his life from his wife to his father to his brother to his friend to the ultimate being ARM ofcourse.

I don't get why YRF ppl would pick Kavi for this role if there was nothing much to it...they could have picked any random side actor for it then like they did for Zuleikha, no? What a waste.
Nymeria thumbnail
She might not be shown as a salesgirl. In the book, she owned opens a boutique and then when Richard and her come together, they start a chain of boutiques in the country. So, that might be it if they are going by the book.

@Kavi for Vicky-- it could be that they might have asked him to do the role just for favor? if they were to come up with a sequel on Vicky and Zulekha, then they would have paid more attention to their characters. In the book too, we never see Richard and Florentyna's side of story ...the focus was always on ARM and Kabir and R&F's story was woven in Kane and Abel's story. It was the sequel book, where we saw more of Richard and Florentyna's side of story while Kane and Abel's side took the back seat.

@Kabir's character--- there have been lots of complicated turns in his story...BUT the main thing is the lack of depth in those. It started off well...but later, they rushed everything and introduced unnecessary stuff like Rihanna and Farid stuff (Farid was such a boring and wasteful character because the actor playing it was such a bad choice!). The only complete relationship shown on his side was his and jayant's which was the most interesting relationship. Kabir-Lubna-- got it in bits and pieces.

Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
To phinally answer Nimrah's question, I was sitting for the law entrance eggjams...do ke results abhi abhi nikal aaye, and I'm so, so so relieved to say I'm throughhh to one of my targeted schools πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— ab I feel REALLY relaxed...at least kuch toh hilla ho gaya :D

Mwahhh ! 
Nymeria thumbnail
Congratulations Shreya! So you are going for Law school then? Good choice!
AreYaar thumbnail
Hmmm well in the precap toh it looked like she was working in a store...ahh well.

Yes I agree about the general lack of depth in the show and basically allowing things to develop fully to get the full essence out storyline wise...that was missing cuz of the rush...Farid was useless and I guess Rihanna is Natasha's mom? yeah too much footage.

But the Jayant-Kabir relationship was tooo touching...really loved watching whatever I did of that...and even his complicated relationship with his father was shown interestingly except the last one was kinda rushed with his father then just killing himself...

I did find his reaction to Farid's death chilling..."Kuch khaas nahin...Farid died of a drug overdose"...the emotionless voice in which he says that...this actor acts quite well. Yeah but the whole Lubna and then his mistresses angle is annoying.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: CeruleanSky

To phinally answer Nimrah's question, I was sitting for the law entrance eggjams...do ke results abhi abhi nikal aaye, and I'm so, so so relieved to say I'm throughhh to one of my targeted schools πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— ab I feel REALLY relaxed...at least kuch toh hilla ho gaya :D

Mwahhh ! 

Aww congrats, SPπŸ€—  So you're going to be a lawyer shawyer, haan? Criminal lawyer?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†