Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@Fivr--- Awww that sucks. But i totally feel ya. I guess it's the same everywhere.🤔
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Anu: I know yaar! I miss Pakistan for the same reason - chahey kuch bhi ho, people back home know how to make someone feel welcome and be hospitable.. Apney mein magan nahi rehte.. In fact people WANT to welcome you and entertain you if you come to their house, it isn't a job something they actually enjoy.. Yahan toh sab hi shehzadey ghoom rahey hain jinko common decency sey pesh ana bhi kaam lagta hai.. 🤢

I really hope k jo side characters hon, like Vikram and the step family.. That they are at least semi decent actors! Character annoying ho toh bardasht ho jata hai phir bhi, but ACTOR annoying nikle toh show bhi bardasht nahi hota..

@Vasu: I know! Ye "tumhari age k hain" wala funda has burned me a number of times with her too but then it would be at a social venue or for her sisters' weddings and such toh I always figured k busy hai and it's okay. But this was at her home with like 7-8 families.. It was more intimate and it was for HER.. Which made this her responsibility (in my mind..) and she absolutely treated my sisters and I like trash. My youngest sister had had 4 hours of sleep between the time we got home and then got up to get ready for her all day "event" at her place.. And the sister that graduated had driving all the way from her college ( a three hour drive) after sleeping for 4 hours just so she could make it here early enough to come with us. Aur is sab k baad, we sit there and she pretends we don't exist? I'm sorry, but hum faltu nahi hain.. There were a ton of things I could be doing - but above all that we could all be RELAXING and not sitting like a bunch of idiots in her living room. Dafa maro.. Sachi apna hi khoon jalta hai.. I've told my parents k ainda if it's an event just for her or her sisters toh I can't make it. But if it's a shadi or something where it's a family thing and we're invited toh I can go. Warna just for these graduation parties and crap, main nahi ja rahi.

Sakshi really has managed to shed her entire Parvati Bhabi avatar! I mean she still dresses traditional but her personality and the way she comes across is so different. Which to me is a testament to her versatile acting skills. Warna toh industry bhari parhi with people who "dress" the same way and therefore seem like the same character (lets take Sanaya's Gungan/new character for instance - they BOTH look the same to me. No difference.. Not much, except for that nose piercing.. 😕). But Sakshi's managed to differentiate this role from her past one in just a couple of promos! Now that's something that makes me want to watch her character even more..

@Amy: *sigh* It really is the same everywhere here.. The lack of hospitality/common decency in desi kids here just throws me off.. Maybe we were brought up different but humare ghar koi ata hai toh we MAKE SURE that we given them our attention and entertain them - even if we don't know them. Yahan toh if they don't know you, you don't exist. Khatam.
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL Fivr...nose ring and lack of glasses...Gunjan also wore glasses, remember? Lucknow tehzeeb version of Sanaya doesn't :P There are TWO changes now...big stuff...lol

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Promo vid of that Sanaya show:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYSsmYyqDak[/YOUTUBE]

Wah! He looks like the stereotypical I-can-buy-the-world types and she seems the teekhi-mirchi who'll show him his place ... he's intrigued with her took lack of artifice and finesse, and disregard for someone's monetary status - and she feels "something" for this akdu-saadu looking coconut with malai inside ... *yawn* ... can watch it for time pass Anu. Are you up for it? 😃
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: LadyMcbeth

Wah! He looks like the stereotypical I-can-buy-the-world types and she seems the teekhi-mirchi who'll show him his place ... he's intrigued with her took lack of artifice and finesse, and disregard for someone's monetary status - and she feels "something" for this akdu-saadu looking coconut with malai inside ... *yawn* ... can watch it for time pass Anu. Are you up for it? 😃

Malai?!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh LadyM, you're killing me here...what a description!🤣...

Yep I'll check out the first few epis for timepass to see if it's worth watching as a timepass show despite being the epitome of every stereotype out there😆
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Originally posted by: sarah1024

*slow, sarcastic applause* Wah, what a novel concept! A rich, arrogant and bratty guy who thinks he can buy his way out of anything. A poor, morally correct and self-respecting girl who goes around giving muft ke gyaan to the world and its brother on the importance of virtue versus money. Like, OMG! I wonder how they came up with such a never-before-seen-on-tv storyline! 🤔

Does anyone think the lead guy looks a bit like Jatin Shah a.k.a Adi from KGGK? No words on Sanaya's behenji look. For once I'd like to see a female lead dressed in casual jeans and a T-shirt. 🥱

WORD on everything you've said Sarah!

red - AMEN ...And it's not that I even mind Salwar Kameez attire - that's what I used to wear back home while attending college 90% of the times. Lekin I hate the fact that the serial makers use it to symbolize uprightness and desi-ness.

LOL Anu ... I happened to watch one old episodes of MJHT while surfing channels... they were showing some reruns on TV and I heard Nupur mouthing this dialogue to Samrat when asked about Mayank. *rolls eyes*
Nymeria thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Fivr-

@Amy: *sigh* It really is the same everywhere here.. The lack of hospitality/common decency in desi kids here just throws me off.. Maybe we were brought up different but humare ghar koi ata hai toh we MAKE SURE that we given them our attention and entertain them - even if we don't know them. Yahan toh if they don't know you, you don't exist. Khatam.

Don't stereotype us "desi kids" here lol😆.
Dude my mum gives me that "mom stare" (ya know most desi mums do that🤣) if i don't come and greet the guests and talk to them.

Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Malai?!🤣 Oh LadyM, you're killing me here...what a description!🤣...

Yep I'll check out the first few epis for timepass to see if it's worth watching as a timepass show despite being the epitome of every stereotype out there😆

🤣

Count me in as well! I'll watch it for timepass too with you guys!🤣

EDIT***

I just read on Navya forum that certain Phangurls LOWE possesive guys😳.  Ummm Oh-kay. weird.
Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Hi Amy, Fivr *waves*

Errr Amy - I read that as well... along with the AnYa being labelled as the new jaanuable, something-licious couple! *rolls eyes*
AreYaar thumbnail
LOLLL LadyM...I should have guessed that you'd find a way to use a MJHT reference...hahaha...that show made a veryyy lasting impression in your mind, didn't it? :P

Oh btw regarding the salwar kameez discussion...I agree with you too...but chalo Sanaya ko chhodo...she's supposed to be all "tehzeeb" waali and all...lol...I don't get why NAVYA is never shown to wear jeans...I know we've had this discussion before but I wish they'd be realistic about this too...no girl ONLY wears salwar kameez ALL the time...least of all in Bombay.

@Amy: LOL I saw the title of that post but never opened it only...haha...right now ppl are more in depression mode over the new article saying that the AN romance at the picnic will end soon and Anant will come home and get engaged to Sagun :S