Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#70!!!! - Page 11

Posted: 12 years ago
To continue the tradition of talking to oneself during the weekend ...

I finally saw I Hate Luv Storys yesterday  ... My verdict in 3 words that Imran repeats very frequently in the movie - What the f...??!!!???? πŸ˜•

Neither Imran's cool dude act, nor Sonam's cutsy act, nor the stale and repetitive script can save this movie from being a total bummer. I saw it with Mom who was even more πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜• than I was ... I had to FF the movie to watch it till the end and still I got a massive headache ... Ufff! BBB totally worked ... but seriously W*F was THIS movie?

^ Those were precisely my feelings about that movie. It was a waste of time. The producers might as well have donated their money to charity instead of spending it on the film!

2010 saw so many cliched and boring rom coms in Bollywood with the exception of Band Baaja Baraat. I'm still wondering why I Hate Love Stories, Break Ke Baad and Anjaana Anjaani were made in the first place. Let's hope the stars and the directors/producers learned their lesson and won't make such trash in the future.

Originally posted by sarah1024

2010 saw so many cliched and boring rom coms in Bollywood with the exception of Band Baaja Baraat. I'm still wondering why I Hate Love Stories, Break Ke Baad and Anjaana Anjaani were made in the first place.

Word...2010 was generally a colossal waste of time when it came to rom-coms...the only glaring exception was BBB thankfully...rest was utter crap.

LadyM: IHLS was really lame and extra painful cuz neither of the leads could act...only upside to the movie was the songs I think...good soundtrack...and I liked Huzeifa's characterπŸ˜†
Anyone else watched the ZNMD theatrical trailer?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjrauScPDEw[/YOUTUBE]

Seems like an updated Spanish road trip version of DCH...but somehow I'm not very impressed from what I could see...music doesn't look like much...Abhay surprisingly seems like a pretty boring character to me...his acting is starting to look repetitive to me now...HR and Farhan are looking good but neither of their characters look very fun either...not a single moment in the trailer that made me sit up and feel interested...it's strictly alright types.
Originally posted by sarah1024

^ Those were precisely my feelings about that movie. It was a waste of time. The producers might as well have donated their money to charity instead of spending it on the film!

2010 saw so many cliched and boring rom coms in Bollywood with the exception of Band Baaja Baraat. I'm still wondering why I Hate Love Stories, Break Ke Baad and Anjaana Anjaani were made in the first place. Let's hope the stars and the directors/producers learned their lesson and won't make such trash in the future.

And wonder of wonders IHLS went on to become a hit! It was such a trash movie ... Mom and I were rubbing our eyes in disbelief and wondering the same fact. Who even makes movies like these?

I recently even saw Karthik calling Karthik and with the exception of Deepika's acting, I found it decent.
Originally posted by nureat01

Anyone else watched the ZNMD theatrical trailer?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjrauScPDEw[/YOUTUBE]

Seems like an updated Spanish road trip version of DCH...but somehow I'm not very impressed from what I could see...music doesn't look like much...Abhay surprisingly seems like a pretty boring character to me...his acting is starting to look repetitive to me now...HR and Farhan are looking good but neither of their characters look very fun either...not a single moment in the trailer that made me sit up and feel interested...it's strictly alright types.

The promo looks very insipid Anu. Nothing at first glance that excites me. Looks like KK character is like this wedge between the friends. Let's see what the reviews are ...

Waise I like HR, but his choice of movies doesn't seem all that exceptional. Baring one or two movies like Lakshya, KKKG, Dhoom 2 etc ... I really didn't care for his movies. Not that he is a bad actor, but his movies are heavily dependent on his superstar image to carry them forward. Even SRK does that to an extent - but then he does an off beat movie like Swades, or Chak De at least.
Sonam at Cannes...I like her dress...unconventional yet she's pulled it off very gracefully...she's looking tons better than Ash's flabby appearance at the red carpet for this...seriously Sonam should only stick to fashion and clothes...acting is not her cup of tea...lol...there's almost a modern day princess quality to the dress...it's sort of edgy yet still has that grace to it...I don't think anyone but Sonam could have pulled this kind of dress off out of the Indian actresses.

Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

The promo looks very insipid Anu. Nothing at first glance that excites me. Looks like KK character is like this wedge between the friends. Let's see what the reviews are ...

Dunno if Kalki's the wedge but all her complaining about the road trip or whatever also just looked ehhh to me...seriously the entire movie is about a bachelor party/road trip for a few weeks through Spain?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†...I guess it's a character driven movie then but the characters also all look blahhh...Farhan trying to do the "charmer" act...god...lame/cheesy flirting with him and HR running after Katrina *yawns* Boring. None of the characters have a spark to them. Just seems like cosmetic packaging without much substance.
Hmm Anu - pata nahi kyun, but the dress didn't click so much with me. Especially the hooded and raised part over the hips. It makes the dress look a little awkward IMO. But I do agree that very few Indian actresses can pull off a dress like this! Maybe Indian models can ... but very few actresses can -that's for sure. Agree that Sonam that a good taste in fashion.

Edit: Abhay is also looking stereotypical ... none of the characters seem fun.

Anyhoo, gtg baby's waking up ... before he sabotages my Mac ... πŸ˜†
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 12 years ago
LOL I didn't think you'd like it either, LadyM.

I read that she's wearing a Jean Paul Gaultier dress...directly from the ramp or something...that's why it's not a simpler, more typical red capret sort of gown...it's the kind of dress you'd see on a mannequin otherwise.

I dunno...I liked it...it's an interesting dress IMO...the lifted part in the back actually helps with the fall of the long train...and unlike in the case of Ash's dress, it's not making her look fat or anything...it's just edgy...it's more costume-y than a typical gown I guess so it's not everyone's cup of tea.

I think she's done a good job with hair/makeup/accessories too...not overdone.

This is her other dress from a photoshoot at Cannes:

Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago