India-Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

Without onions

saraharshad Senior Member
saraharshad
saraharshad

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:21am | IP Logged
OHH god..how can the gandhi's prepare their food without onions...In my home in almost all the curries we use onions...I never heard this , is this also followed by gujurati's?? and i think not eating chicken is ok..but onions is too much.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Shas3nycsweetie

Dimdim IF-Rockerz
Dimdim
Dimdim

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged
 Traditionally Brahmins in many communities  do not use ONION or Garlic in food. Specially South Indian Brahmins. But these days its not practiced so rigorously bec of the health benefits attached to GARLIC and ONION...its becoming a thing of the past.

Onions and Garlic are still  never used in Prasad in temples in India..( most of India) Our weddings too don't have any non veg, garlic and onions ...Wink

Edited by KripaRajput - 13 May 2011 at 10:14am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

smile365days_Sahra_virgo24KalapiShas3HalkatJawaniJayInfofan

Hot_Indo_Chilly IF-Dazzler
Hot_Indo_Chilly
Hot_Indo_Chilly

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Well just as Mona is getting used to Vaishnav cuisine, Hetal's gonna have to a lot more than cutting onions...i mean cooking non-veg!

At my place, we have both veg and non-veg..and if specifically asked for then arrangements are made for ppl who follow a strict routine of vaishanavism.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

virgo24Shas3Juna04Infofan

Infofan IF-Sizzlerz
Infofan
Infofan

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KripaRajput

Traditionally Brahmins in many communities  do not use ONION or Garlic in food. Specially South Indian Brahmins. But these days its not practiced so rigorously bec of the health benefits attached to GARLIC and ONION...its becoming a thing of the past.

Onions and Garlic are still  never used in Prasad in temples in India..( most of India) Our weddings too don't have any non veg, garlic and onions ...Wink

Yup, we don't use onions or garlic in food prepared for weddings and poojas but we do eat it rest of the time. Jains and some brahmins do not eat garlic and onions in their food.
virgo24 Goldie
virgo24
virgo24

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
I know what you mean, I love eating Onions and Garlic in my food. Especially, Indian dishes. Hey, read this post. . . it will explain why Hetal and the Gandhi's act as so when it comes to food  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1679292

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Infofan

ksgstar Senior Member
ksgstar
ksgstar

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
i'm a marwari and we dnt eat onions  leave gasrlic i've  seen garlic or onion in my house ..never eaten onion  in ghar ka khana  only eat onion in pizza .it may sound wierd but food without onion garlic also tastes good

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index