India-Forums

Have DID 2 contestants been short changed? (Page 5)

angelcutie09 Groupbie
angelcutie09
angelcutie09

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Originally posted by Namrata_12

jai, and mayuresh and probably other contestants have dance academies. so its not like they are jobless, they do work but not for television. 

Confused ummm Amrita and D sir have dance academies too...what's your point? Confused

everybody is gaining from DID, not only DID 2 contestants.. people need to stop being so biased
and proving DID 2 is best in everything.. clearly not in solos while DID 1 is clearly not good at group performances

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 6:05pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by uknaik99

whatever it is DID 1 team is best.. always will be.. Thumbs Up..

I hv forgotten many DID 2 team contestants but remember all DID 1's.. because DID 1 remains always special for me.. so are the whole team including IF members during that time.. Smile

ClapClapClap

team josh is the best and will continue to be! i agree with you, even though DID 1 was 2 years ago i remember more of DID1 than of DID2 whereas i watched both seasons. DID1 really will be special and the performances that they gave will be remembered. 

Word. Honestly for me, DID 1 was just more inspiring than anything else. DID 2 also had some awesome dancers and performances, but overall, it didn't really inspire me the way DID 1 did. 

I think DID 1 showed us such never seen before things on an Indian dance reality show! The creativity and conceptualization of that season was just something else.

Also remember Kamlesh and Yashpal? The handicapped guy who danced on his hands, and the blind Sikh lady who performed martial arts? These guys were just SO inspiring man! We just never got to see that kind of stuff on DID ever again. Even as an overall show, DID 1 was just so much better. We saw such real stories of the contestants. 

DID 1 contestants just inspire me more in general. With the exception of a few contestants from DID 2.  I still go back and watch most of the DID 1 performances all the time. That season was just special in its own way. :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfsensodyne-x-Reshu-x-gilmores

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pigbelly4myfeet

Originally posted by uknaik99

whatever it is DID 1 team is best.. always will be.. Thumbs Up..

I hv forgotten many DID 2 team contestants but remember all DID 1's.. because DID 1 remains always special for me.. so are the whole team including IF members during that time.. Smile

ClapClapClap

team josh is the best and will continue to be! i agree with you, even though DID 1 was 2 years ago i remember more of DID1 than of DID2 whereas i watched both seasons. DID1 really will be special and the performances that they gave will be remembered. 

Word. Honestly for me, DID 1 was just more inspiring than anything else. DID 2 also had some awesome dancers and performances, but overall, it didn't really inspire me the way DID 1 did. 

I think DID 1 showed us such never seen before things on an Indian dance reality show! The creativity and conceptualization of that season was just something else.

Also remember Kamlesh and Yashpal? The handicapped guy who danced on his hands, and the blind Sikh lady who performed martial arts? These guys were just SO inspiring man! We just never got to see that kind of stuff on DID ever again. Even as an overall show, DID 1 was just so much better. We saw such real stories of the contestants. 

DID 1 contestants just inspire me more in general. With the exception of a few contestants from DID 2.  I still go back and watch most of the DID 1 performances all the time. That season was just special in its own way. :)

I've been liking all your posts but I thought I'd actually take the effort to comment and say..WOW!
Your posts are AMAZING! It's like I don't even need to bother saying anything cos you analyse everything so beautifully! I STILL remember Kamlesh Patel's 'suno gaur se duniya walo' performance, ahh I still get emotional just thinking about it! The kind of intensity between Jai and Vrushali in their 'Hai Rama' performance, the kind of innovation and creativity in Jai's trampoline performance and Mayuresh's Dil Se performance, the kind of confidence in Alisha's P&L, Prince's tissue dance and robot act etc and many many more are just sooo memorable for me. I fell in love with these guys and I felt they have a raw passion for dance which is more noticeable in DID1 contestants than DID2 contestants in general. I mean the way Alisha gave two average performances and then gave a MINDBLOWING solo says a lot for the kind of determination she has and her will to succeed in this field of dance. Prince continues to polish his P&L dance skills and never fails to amaze me. Same goes for most DID1 contestants. 

I don't know what exactly it is about DID1 dancers, maybe it's just an emotional attachment? I don't know but I love the way they amaze me with their dance performances each and every week. Or maybe it's because it was only due to DID1 that I first came across Terence Lewis and it was then that he won me over with his pure love for dance and the dedication with which he works to help his students improve..that touched me on a deeper level I guess. Sounds sad but hey, Terence Lewis has that affect on me!Embarrassed

For me, those guys played a huge role in making DID what it is today. It will always be special to me. :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pigbelly4myfeetdmgmjht4eversensodyne-x-Reshu-x-gilmores

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Big smile Yeah DID 1 was so popular and connected so well with the audience that it was the lowest rated of all the DID seasons ... Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Gauahargeous_N

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I've been liking all your posts but I thought I'd actually take the effort to comment and say..WOW!
Your posts are AMAZING! It's like I don't even need to bother saying anything cos you analyse everything so beautifully! I STILL remember Kamlesh Patel's 'suno gaur se duniya walo' performance, ahh I still get emotional just thinking about it! The kind of intensity between Jai and Vrushali in their 'Hai Rama' performance, the kind of innovation and creativity in Jai's trampoline performance and Mayuresh's Dil Se performance, the kind of confidence in Alisha's P&L, Prince's tissue dance and robot act etc and many many more are just sooo memorable for me. I fell in love with these guys and I felt they have a raw passion for dance which is more noticeable in DID1 contestants than DID2 contestants in general. I mean the way Alisha gave two average performances and then gave a MINDBLOWING solo says a lot for the kind of determination she has and her will to succeed in this field of dance. Prince continues to polish his P&L dance skills and never fails to amaze me. Same goes for most DID1 contestants. 

I don't know what exactly it is about DID1 dancers, maybe it's just an emotional attachment? I don't know but I love the way they amaze me with their dance performances each and every week. Or maybe it's because it was only due to DID1 that I first came across Terence Lewis and it was then that he won me over with his pure love for dance and the dedication with which he works to help his students improve..that touched me on a deeper level I guess. Sounds sad but hey, Terence Lewis has that affect on me!Embarrassed

For me, those guys played a huge role in making DID what it is today. It will always be special to me. :)

Aww thank you. Embarrassed I like reading your posts too, waisse. We have actually interacted before also. At the DID 1 forum. TongueLOL I changed my user ID so I can't possibly expect you to remember of course. I believe your name is Diya right? Apologies in advance if I am not even close. EmbarrassedLOL

Ok back to this post...ahhh seriously WORD to everything you said. I get SO excited thinking about all those awesome performances you mentioned too. LOL Man, DID 1 was just too exciting. A total revolution for dance reality shows in India. What was awesome, was that the competition was so intense too. DID 1 was totally unpredictable right till the very end. DID 2 just got too predictable very early on. And like you said, that passion for dance that DID 1 contestants showed...I somehow didn't really get that connect with DID 2 contestants even though I am sure those guys were also really serious about dance. 

And yeah all those 'never seen before' on Indian reality tv things DID 1 brought. Like Mayuresh's first ring act, Prince's tissue dance (which I heard was copied from somewhere, but it was nevertheless new for me), all the different styles of dance, mixing all these Latin ballroom styles with bollywood...just going from freestyle/basic bollywood type dancing we were used to seeing in other dance reality shows till that time...and going into the pure dance styles like classical, folk, contemporary, hip-hop and ballroom styles. It was all too exciting man. LOL Oh and to add to your list of performances, remember Salman and Alisha's 'maskali' performance? Totally awesome Terrence style choreography and execution by these two. LOL Even Mayuresh and Alisha's 'pehla nasha' performance was too sweet. And there are just TOO many of Jai's solos to name. LOL

Basically with DID 1, we saw all those contestants grow. They were mostly all so raw in the beginning. Their journeys were just so inspiring and awesome to watch. Plus, it was like each contestant mattered. Even their eliminations were touching. I still remember contestants like Noni, Rakhi, Mandakini, Kiren, Shubho, and Mangesh though these guys were eliminated too early. But they really made their mark. And Mandakini was awesome to watch in CDD too. She's SUCH an awesome dancer! All these guys, from all walks of life...experiences, trainings and age groups. Noni again was another inspiring example too. Dancing so well despite of all her weight. Whereas I don't really care to remember any of the 'early' contestants from DID 2. Like all those Meenu, Bhavna, Tina...and some others whose names also I don't remember now. LOL Seriously, why were these guys even selected into the competition? ErmmLOL 

And yeah the emotional attachment also contributes I think, you're right. I am definitely much more attached to the season 1 contestants even today than I am to season 2 contestants. I just think that the ease and composure with which the DID 1 contestants dance is commendable. I find that missing with DID 2 contestants sometimes. Sometimes they seem to be trying too hard to me. That could just be my opinion though. 

Oh and word about Terrence too. LOL What an inspiring guy. I remember thinking that I had never before seen such an awesome choreographer and judge on a reality show before him. He's too amazing for words. And yeah DID 1 had that original Terrence ki toli with their awesome bonding. CoolLOL These guys, Mayuresh, Jai, Vrushali and Alicia will always be my most favourites. And yeah the way Terrence got these guys to grow. Especially Jai and Alisha. Jai got criticized so much initially remember? For his expressions and duets. And he improved those aspects of his so wonderfully by the end. Even Alisha was just so untrained in the beginning. 

Man, just the journey, the emotions, and the struggles all these guys went through. It was awesome and inspiring to watch. Approve *sigh* I am so getting carried away with this post of mine and I can feel it getting super long so I shall stop now. LOL I blame you for getting me started on this DID 1 topic. I can go on and on about why DID 1 is just so much more special to me. :)

I wish there was a DVD out for DID season 1 or something though. Since a lot of the performances have been deleted from youtube as well. I feel like watching so many of them sometimes, but I can't find them online anywhere unfortunately. :(

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf-Diya-sensodynegilmores

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
^
This website has all the episodes of all the seasons of DID :)
If you go to very end, that's where DID1 starts.

http://danceindiadance.in/

And you and Dia said everything I wanted to say about season 1.

Edited by chocolover89 - 14 May 2011 at 11:58pm

pigbelly4myfeet

pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged
^^ Ohh awesome! This is exciting. I shall be watching this over the summer now. LOL 

Thanks so much for sharing that link Himani. Yay! LOL 

gilmores

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged
^No problem! I was looking for a performance of Vrushali's and found this..was so excited lol LOL

I watched uptil Vrush's elimination which was so sad.  Cry

pigbelly4myfeet

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Lux Dance ke Superstars Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index