Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
The Hollywood Reporter

UTV Unveils 'Heroine' with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (Cannes)

Directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, the film tells the story of a female Bollywood superstar.

NEW DELHI -- Leading banner UTV Motion Pictures further cemented its relationship with director Madhur Bhandarkar (Fashion) with upcoming drama Heroine starring top Bollywood actress – and Cannes red carpet draw – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.

The first-look of Heroine – described as a "bold and glamorous saga based on the life and times of a superstar heroine from the dream factory of Bollywood" – was unveiled at Cannes by UTV Group Chairman Ronnie Screwvala, Bhandarkar and Bachchan. While a budget was not given, the film will start shooting next month with Bachchan in the title role.

"Madhur Bhandarkar is the director of multiple award winning films in India and hence, as an actor I'm certainly looking forward to this experience... This new venture certainly looks like a strong creative synergy and I look forward to this new journey in film," said Bachchan who has been a Cannes regular in her capacity as brand ambassador for L'Oreal.

Bhandarkar is known for his social dramas such as Page 3 (which delved into urban India's media obsession for the party life), Fashion (a drama revolving around a female model) and Corporate, an examination of the ruthless world of big business.

"UTV and Madhur's combination in Fashion reflected the right blend of reality, something that Madhur excels in, with glamour, and it was mounted on a large canvas. With Heroine, we take it to the next level and when you see the movie finally, you will know it was written only with someone as talented and expressive and stunning as Aishwarya in mind," said Screwvala.

"I feel delighted to announce Heroine, my next project, at Cannes - one of the most prestigious global platforms. Heroine is an extremely glamorous yet bold story of the internal journey of a star, which is sure to appeal to audiences across the globe and therefore Aishwarya was a perfect choice for the film," added Bhandarkar.

At last year's Cannes festival, UTV title Udaan (Flight) was included in the Un Certain Regard section, the first time an Indian film was in competition at Cannes for almost a decade.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/utv-...arya-rai-188257

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I find the title funnyπŸ˜†
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
her fake eyeslash and glue are about to come off in the last pic..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

she looks old...
Edited by Pulwasha - 12 years ago
I still dont get why they used such an old picture on the poster?
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: eraser

I still dont get why they used such an old picture on the poster?

May be they were inspired by her age!!!
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
πŸ˜† So we get the reaction we expected from her.
Lol Kareena! She is such a child, wants to eat her cake and have it too.πŸ˜† First she rejects it 10000 times and now that Aishwarya has it, she does not like that either. Grow up woman. πŸ₯±
Heroin? Sniff...sniff. Maybe it was a jeer at Gauri and Suzanne.