Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Actress takes a dig at Madhur's HEROINE Pg 6 - Page 3

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Maya go hunt the forum.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† sumthing for u..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
I feel Ash is not suitable for this role.Kareena or PC would have been a better a choice.Even Kangna or Sonam cando better.
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow the poster looks so good, cant wait for this. too bad kareena passed it up but hopefully this will be good for aish.
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I'm also wondering how the Bachchans approved of the supposed steamy scenes?! LMAO I read an article back in 2006 with the headline 'Bachchans Axe Hrithik-Bahu smooch!' 🀣

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Aishwarya Rai to play fictional Bollywood heroine
By Jenny Barchfield, Associated Press – 15 mins ago

CANNES, France – It's a safe bet that Indian actress Aishwarya Rai won't have to do too much research for her latest role: Bollywood's biggest female star is playing, well, Bollywood's biggest female star, the movie's producers announced on Friday.

"Heroine," by director Madhur Bhandarkar, is billed in the production company's press release as an "entertaining, daring, emotional, shocking, glamorous, scandalous behind-the-scenes account of the reality behind the world of glitz and glamour that our stars inhabit."

Still, Rai β€” a former Miss World β€” stated that the film, which enters production in June, is "not an autobiography, for sure."

Rumors to the contrary are "to tickle your fantasy," she told reporters at a news conference at the Cannes Film Festival. "That's what the viewer will probably be searching for, but very honestly, as an actor, it's your professional responsibility to give to your characters with absolute commitment.

"It's not just about you going out there and doing your own thing and creating your own character. It's the director who wrote it and that's the way it gets read and that's the way it gets eventually brought to life," said the emerald-eyed actress, whose many appearances at Cannes and contracts with international luxury brands have placed her among the most international renowned faces of Indian cinema.

Rai first came to India's attention when she was crowned Miss World in 1994. She's since made dozens of movies, including "Devdas," the pathos-filled musical that became a crossover international blockbuster in 2002.

The 37-year-old actress's personal life has also had its share of drama. Over the years, she was romantically linked to some of Bollywood's most famous leading men before marrying Abhishek Bachchan, the son of Bollywood scion Amitabh Bachchan, in 2007. The pair has made a few films together, including last year's action-packed "Raavan."

Bhandarkar is best known for his films "Chandni Bar" (2001), "Page 3" (2005), "Traffic Signal" (2007) and "Fashion," a 2008 movie starring Priyanka Chopra about the Indian fashion industry.

A release date for "Heroine" is yet to be set.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110513/ap_en_...s_aishwarya_rai

ashna26 thumbnail
Aishwarya, Madhur and Ronnie announce Heroine at Cannes

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 13, 2011 - 14:54 IST

Cannes 2011 saw yet another splash of glamour with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Madhur Bhandarkar and Ronnie Screwvala coming together to announce their upcoming movie Heroine. The trio was seen together for the first time to announce their association for the bold and glamorous saga, with the unveiling of the first look of the film at the prestigious film festival.

Directed by Madhur Bhandarkar and produced by UTV Motion Pictures, Heroine will star Aishwarya Rai Bachchan essaying the role of a superstar. The film is scheduled to go on the floors in June this year.

After his incredible run of women-centric films from Chandni Bar, Page 3, Satta and Corporate to the blockbuster Fashion, produced by UTV, Madhur Bhandarkar now turns his lens inward and presents his most ambitious work yet - Heroine. The film is based on the life and times of a superstar heroine from the dream factory we call 'Bollywood'. The film is an entertaining, daring, emotional, shocking, glamorous, scandalous behind the scenes account of the reality behind the world of glitz and glamour that our film stars inhabit. For a country obsessed with films and film stars, Heroine will take audiences on a voyeuristic journey to see what really goes on behind the closed doors of make up rooms and vanity vans. It will give them a chance to go beyond the gorgeous smiles and politically correct quotes, to see what really happens in the lives of India's sweethearts - The sniping & the politics, the secrets & the lies, the incredible highs of fame & the lonely depths of failure. This is the film Bhandarkar has been subconsciously preparing for ever since he joined the industry and one which he considers his magnum opus.

Talking about the film and her association with Madhur and UTV, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan said, "Heroine is a film that the team was very excited about and yes I have just agreed to come on board. Madhur has been speaking to me for many years to collaborate together on a film and I am glad we are finally working together on Heroine. He is the director of multiple award winning films in India and hence, as an actor I'm certainly looking forward to this experience. UTV and I have worked before on special work of cinema; Jodhaa Akbar and Guzaarish, both of which have achieved incredible acclaim, appreciation and awards for us. This new venture certainly looks like a strong creative synergy and I look forward to this new journey in film."

On this occasion, Indian National Award winning director, Madhur Bhandarkar said, "I feel delighted to announce Heroine, my next project, at Cannes - one of the most prestigious global platforms. Unveiling the first look here is certain to be an auspicious start to the movie which goes into production mid this year. Heroine is an extremely glamorous yet bold story of the internal journey of a star, which is sure to appeal to audiences across the globe and therefore Aishwarya was a perfect choice for the film - no one could have essayed the role better. I'm also glad that Bhandarkar Entertainment and UTV are working together again. This is our second film together and we share the same vision which makes the entire process of filmmaking very smooth."

At the unveiling of Heroine at Cannes, Ronnie Screwvala, CEO, UTV said, "UTV and Madhur's combination in Fashion combined the right blend of reality, something that Madhur excels in, with glamour, and it was mounted on a large canvas. With Heroine, we take it to the next level and when you see the movie finally you will know it was written only with someone as talented and expressive and stunning as Aishwarya in mind."

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/05/13/7453/

ashna26 thumbnail
ashna26 thumbnail
Rai is UTV's next Heroine

International superstar Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will next star in Heroine, an expos on the Indian film industry, it was announced at a beachside press conference in Cannes.

Heroine, produced by Indian mogul Ronnie Screwvala (I Think I Love My Life, The Namesake), is a "voyeuristic journey to see what really goes on behind the closed doors of make up rooms and vanity vans," according to press releases.

The film will be directed by Madhur Bhandarkar, who has made a name in recent years with female-centric films including Fashion and Chandni Bar.

"UTV and Madhur's combination in Fashion combined the right blend of reality with glamour," said Screwvala. "With Heroine, we take it to the next level."

The film, a coproduction between Screwvala's UTV Motion Pictures and the director's Bhandarkar Entertainment, is set to begin production in June, with an eye to theatrical release in January or February 2012. Producers declined to reveal the film's budget.

http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/rai-is-utvs-next-heroine

--------------------
ashna26 thumbnail
I'm not the heroine in 'Heroine', Indian star says

By Robert MacPherson (AFP) – 2 hours ago

CANNES, France β€” Indian actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's next movie sees her playing a Bollywood superstar, but on Friday she said it would not be a biopic of her own glamourous life.

Promoting "Heroine" at the Cannes film festival, the former Miss World -- who has starred in more than 40 Indian movies -- said she would be creatively at the mercy of director Madhur Bhandarkar.

"It's not a biography, it's not an autobiography for sure," said Rai, 37, with a laugh as she fidgeted with her hair. "You hear this today, at the very beginning, so know this until the very end."

When asked by AFP how much of the story she could identify with, she teasingly replied: "That's to tickle your fancy."

"I think that is what the viewer will probably be searching for," she added, "but it must always be remembered that the actor does what the director has visualised and envisioned for a particular character.

"I'll be playing a character called Mahi, but it's a character that's been written and conceptualised by the director."

"Heroine" will mark the first time that Rai has worked with Bhandarkar, who has a track record of peering into the lifestyles of India's rich and famous with such films as "Fashion" and "Page 3".

"One thing I would like to clear up: it ("Heroine") is nothing to do with the film industry or what you call 'Bollywood' or the Indian film industry," the leather-jacketed Bhandarkar said.

"It is the individual journey into the internal life and conflict of this girl ... and how her life goes up and down, the trauma and turbulations that she goes through in her life."

Ronnie Screwvala, chief executive of producer UTV Motion Pictures, said "Heroine" -- to start shooting in mid-2011 -- was written expressly with Rai in mind.

Explaining why he was launching the project in Cannes, Screwvala alluded to Rai's star power: "She is the brand ambassador for India and for Indian cinema when it comes to the French Riviera."

Rai said: "I'm so glad finally that we've come together to work on this movie. ... I'm totally at home with UTV, and Madhur and me have been interacting for so long. I'm really looking forward to this creative journey together."

No Indian filmmakers are in competition this year at Cannes.

But the festival will salute India's film industry Sunday with an al fresco public screening of "Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told," produced exclusively for the event by acclaimed filmmaker Shekhar Kapoor.

It will pay homage to a genre "that has contributed to establishing India?s identity in the eyes of the world and to making Mumbai one of the world capitals of film history," organisers have said.

ashna26 thumbnail