TOI: Kickboxing acts as a perfect stressbuster-GC

Posted: 12 years ago

DE-STRESS MANTRA 
Kickboxing acts as a perfect stress buster 

... says television actor Gurmeet Chaudhary 

My personal de-stress mantra is... 

>> doing kick boxing.I am a black belt in martial arts.Inspite of shooting for 12 hours everyday,after my pack-up I rush to do kick boxing for an hour in a garden near in my locality.No matter how tired I am,kick boxing acts as a perfect stress buster for me.I go to the gym thrice a week,on alternate days and workout for one and a half hours.I have been hooked on to massages since my recent trip to Bangkok.

In my leisure... 

>> I like watching movies.After my shoot,I return home at 11.30 pm and watch movies with my wife Debina.I also love to play with my dog,Dexter and listening to my wife sing.

A cook or a foodie 

>> I don't know how to cook anything.Neither am I a foodie.I'm paranoid about my diet and like to eat boiled food.I prefer home-cooked food than out side food.But when I dine out,I eat Chinese especially momos.

My hobbies are... 

>> listening to music and dancing.I hear music very often,in my car and at home as well.Whenever I hear music,my feet automatically start moving.I also like to watch my wife dance,as she is a classical dancer.Sometimes,I indulge in a bit of gaming.

Chilling out at home or a party animal 

>> I'm not a party animal as I rarely go for parties.After my shoot,I head home.I prefer spending quality time with family and friends.

Tips to de-stress 

>> Some people tend to head home,sleep and not talk to others when they are stressed.No matter how busy you are,keep aside 30 minutes for yourself to take a walk or go to gym and get refreshed.You need to relieve the pent-up stress than sleep over it.

As told to LA 

HOOKED ONTO MASSAGES: Gurmeet Chudhary 

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
interesting...nowadays we are getting an hour by hour account of his life...๐Ÿ˜†

@Thai massage...no comments..๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks Tanu...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

huh?...thanks for the article!

wow, he is super organised. Packs a lot in 24 hours, I mean there are only 24 hours in a day na.

thanks tanu 
Originally posted by serialwatcher16

wow, he is super organised. Packs a lot in 24 hours, I mean there are only 24 hours in a day na.

thanks tanu 

tell me about it Usha...moi need to learn time management from him...๐Ÿ˜›
Originally posted by serialwatcher16

thanks tanu 

yh according to his blog after 12 hrs of shoot.. he goes to action classes n dance classes..n lives on 4-5hrs sleep...๐Ÿ˜‰
He is right, when u workout stress decreases and a hormone that makes you feel content get released.endorphins are released and they make u feel good...they are natural good feeling chemicals...

which is why when u r stressed it is always good to workout so that the endorphins can make u feel good and this way ur stress is gone.
Wow Guru , we get to learn a lot from you. keep up the good work
thanks for the article Tanu!!
wow I should soo start working out...now if only i could get off the couch and drop that remote somewhere๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by macho_muffin

thanks for the article Tanu!!
wow I should soo start working out...now if only i could get off the couch and drop that remote somewhere๐Ÿ˜†

same here..๐Ÿ˜†