Chaand Chupa Badal Mein

Only If Nivi learnt her lesson:Mods note PG2

Honey_berries thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I have been thinking about posting a topic that I am sure a lot of you would disagree but again I wanted to vent this out of my system or I might just keep thinking about this over and over again.

A well known phrase came to my mind when I was watching old CCBM epi. And it goes- "Friends can be lovers but lovers can never be friends as the spark of their past can ignite the present and future". I think this is still relevant in today's times as it was yesterday. The fact that I think is wrong was Nivi's act of confiding in Sid about Yash-Bhaiji deal. Why I think it was wrong?? because Viren was involved in this matter already and was handling the situation really well until Nivi-Sid convo and Sid's decision to file the complaint (which I thought was stupid coz Nivi didn't even call Viren or tell Sid that Viren is with me so you need not worry..Urrgghh). I don't doubt Nivi-Sid's intentions but it's practically difficult to take someone as your friend if you had a scene with them in the past and especially if it ended up in an ugly break up. When couples split up with mutual consent it's still easy to deal but not when there is sacrifice involved or the relationship ends with love being in either of the partner's hearts. Here they both had love and yet chose different paths. There were times when Nivi would ask Sid to stay away from her or say "please don't talk to me or else Di will get upset" which to me was somewhat wrong. If you really don't want to talk to someone or want to avoid them then you simply don't communicate or reciprocate their act but instead Nivi began singing her tune that due to "Di" she didn't want to be on talking terms with Sid. In reality such statements could create rifts b/w couples and Nivi should have known this better given that she is mature enough. Her statement could have meant for Sid that she herself didn't want to stay away from him but doing it for Divya. Don't you think that was wrong? If I were in the same situation, I wouldn't have let my ex-lover know that I am avoiding him because of my sis or my hubby because the last thing you want to know is you are the reason for someone's fights and insecurities. I would have stayed away from my ex-lover especially if my Hubby knew about my fling or others had a hint even if my heart was clean because you may have clean intentions don't mean the other one feels the same. You can never judge people no matter how close you are to them and no matter how nice your hubby is the past can come haunting if not buried well enough. This is the reality folks (I can say that coz I have seen my best friend go thru this). Just because Viren trusts her doesn't give her the right to keep chanting the Sid name. Nivi should have either sat down with Divya to clear the air of what's between her and Sid or she should have simply got off Divya's case meaning not running after her changing her diapers or spoon feeding at every step. If Nivi is now being blamed for what happened with Divya then either she should say that Sid was the one to persuade her to file the complaint or she should simply take the blame because she doesn't want Sid to get into any trouble (yeah yeah the same old stuff "He is really nice and my best friend and blah blah). Nivi might not have any feelings for Sid (which I find it very difficult coz in order to have someone out of your mind they first need to be out of site but anywho) but she confided in him, cared for him (like the adrak wali chai scene where Div gets upset, Kheer mein "X" cheez mat dalna Sid ko nahi pasand) which she did not have to do. Sid has a wife now and Nivi doesn't have to go that extra mile with doing what Sid likes.. that's Div's responsibility. There were times when I felt that Nivi was just being over the top with Sid stuff and neglecting Viren (this is exactly what I feel). She has the guts to yell at Viren, give me him lecture about family and other peoples feeling but for once Nivi why don't you look at yourself? Do you know what your own husband likes, do you know his fav color? No right??? Why would you because you can't think beyond family and Sid. And if you come to think about Nivi knowing Sid's like's and dislikes is very dumb. How can a 7-8 years old (I believe that was her age when Sood's moved out of Simla) remember what her friend likes considering that she didn't remember one single thing about Viren or that he even existed? Huh seriously Nivi??  I find this very stupid but alas only if CT's of CCBM had brains 😡

Again, only if Nivi knew how to handle situations and relationships especially with Sid and Divya then things would have been different. After all it takes only one sensible person to straighten up things which the CT's should have shown Nivi doing that. This serial is telling people that it's ok to ignore the wrong doings and torture the one that cannot rebel against you. I am sure now Nivi will want to make a big sacrifice (which I hope not) knowing the fact that Divya lost her life because of her. The fate of this show depends on how they shape up the story and Nivi's character which audience will either cherish (if they do justice) or praise with rotten eggs if they decide to go otherwise (I don't want to use those words..eeekks).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minu2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I can understand your frustration.  I agree.  they have shown some really strange things about Nivi.

Sometimes I feel like shaking Nivi and telling her you are the center of Viren's world, his life, his soul.  Is he the center of yours?  When will he be????

Wish they continue to show the love and dependence that Nivi has shown for Viren in the last few episodes, hope they show what he really means to her now. 

But I don't trust the CTs and don't understand the strange working of their minds.  I don't know what message they want to send.  Do they want to show that Nivi is not over Sid -- I don't believe that for a second, but then why show Nivi thanking Sid, when it was Viren who always stood by her and stood up for her in contrast to silent Sid; why show her confiding in Sid and going ahead with him to the police station without even telling Viren who was not only involved in this but got badly hurt trying to help out; why show her hiding things from Viren, like not telling Viren about DD's abortion thing;  why show her slavishly babying Divya's despite her irritation, and why show her lecturing DD about Sid's likes and dislikes, while totally ignoring her own husband who is dying for her love and attention??  Why show all this if they want to show that Nivi has really moved on and now loves Viren totally. 

I do know that the real spirit of the story is like Abidah's ff -- that is what I want to believe and that is the NivRen story I carry in my heart and mind.  But the CT's keep messing things up.

After that lovely hug of Viren's with Nivi and the baby the other day, and all the love that Nivi finally showed to him, one would hope that they now show Nivi and Viren as one and will stay as one despite all challenges -- but now with her guilt, and her promise to think only of the baby I have no idea what they will show.   I no have no faith in the CTs and really dislike the turn things have taken with DD's death. If it weren't for Kinshuk and Neha and their amazing performances, I wouldn't be watching this mess.  Dont' want more heartbreak.  Just want NivRen together.
Edited by minu2011 - 12 years ago
Honey_berries thumbnail
Originally posted by: minu2011

I can understand your frustration.  I agree.  they have shown some really strange things about Nivi.

Sometimes I feel like shaking Nivi and telling her you are the center of Viren's world, his life, his soul.  Is he the center of yours?  When will he be????

Wish they continue to show the love and dependence that Nivi has shown for Viren in the last few episodes, hope they show what he really means to her now. 

But I don't trust the CTs and don't understand the strange working of their minds.  I don't know what message they want to send.  Do they want to show that Nivi is not over Sid -- I don't believe that for a second, but then why show Nivi thanking Sid, when it was Viren who always stood by her and stood up for her in contrast to silent Sid; why show her confiding in Sid and going ahead with him to the police station without even telling Viren who was not only involved in this but got badly hurt trying to help out; why show her hiding things from Viren, like not telling Viren about DD's abortion thing;  why show her slavishly babying Divya's despite her irritation, and why show her lecturing DD about Sid's likes and dislikes, while totally ignoring her own husband who is dying for her love and attention??  Why show all this if they want to show that Nivi has really moved on and now loves Viren totally. 

I do know that the real spirit of the story is like Abidah's ff -- that is what I want to believe and that is the NivRen story I carry in my heart and mind.  But the CT's keep messing things up.

After that lovely hug of Viren's with Nivi and the baby the other day, and all the love that Nivi finally showed to him, one would hope that they now show Nivi and Viren as one and will stay as one despite all challenges -- but now with her guilt, and her promise to think only of the baby I have no idea what they will show.   I no have no faith in the CTs and really dislike the turn things have taken with DD's death. If it weren't for Kinshuk and Neha and their amazing performances, I wouldn't be watching this mess.  Dont' want more heartbreak.  Just want NivRen together.

Thanks, Minu. This is exactly what I have been thinking about. Why are CT's showing Nivi's concern for Sid even today? Why did Nivi had to tell Sid that Divya doesn't like them to be friends. If I were Nivi I would never say that to my Jija ji. There is one more thing that I notice that I wanted to bring up. Have you ever notice how Nivi keeps looking at Sid sometimes? Not in that way though but when Nivi was trying to tie the knot on hawan day and she was looking at Sid and that idiot was making face? not sure what all means also the imli scene when Vandana asks her to give to Sid she looks at him for sometime and gives the jar.  One thing is for sure that although Nivi has accepted Viren as her husband she needs to work a lot to on her relationship with him and its only possible if she stops thinking about Sid. I don't understand why Nivi can't see what Viren has done for her or is doing? But she can see what Sid has NOT done for her yet she can't get over Sid. The character Nivi and Sid are very hard to believe. Do such people exist? Not to mention DS who only and only thinks about Sid. God when will people start thinking about Viren??
I so hate Nivi for what is doing to Viren who is super nice, caring and so loving. I was also upset when she yelled at Viren today😭.. Can't she for once understand why Viren tried to hide the truth from her... God I hate this current track.. hate it.. hate it..hate
Edited by Honey_berries - 12 years ago
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Agree with both of you honey-berry and Minuu. Ya Nivi never show those gesture towards Viren which she should have shown. She never appriciate Viren in front of all. In general serials a ideal wife will praise her husband even if he doesn't do anything for her but here Viren has done so much for her but she doesn't give him any credit or thanks. They show Viren appriciating, supporting and encouraging Nivi at everystep which is always lacked from Nivi's front. When Viren was insecure and had a fight with her there was no need to involve Sid in it. I know she hadn't called him but he came but she give such a roundabout answer anyone would understand what happened between husband and wife. I know it was Viren's mistake but a ideal wife of serial handle these kinds of situations herself but she got somehow Sid involved in it. Though NT dadi said she loves Viren completely but why don't they show her world revolves around Viren like they show for Viren her world is Nivi. In the end they say Nivi loves Viren but we want to feel it from Nivi's side we don't want to assume in the end that she loves Viren more than anyone. She rarely show her love or appriciation for Viren and never praised him in front of others. We wants to saying in front of all she is lucky to have Viren in her life. Edited by Cutie-NivRen - 12 years ago
minu2011 thumbnail
I think the CT's are trying to keep the situation murky by making her so emotionally distant from Viren most of the time, and by those looks they show her and Sid exchanging, and the talks they keep having.
I think after Nivi realized her love for Viren and returned to the Sood house, and especially after the SR, she is fully and totally Viren's.  She truly loves him.  The few scenes where she spontaneously shows her love for him do show this, like when she says ILU, and at the hospital, in the office and during the funeral when she searches only for Viren and questions only Viren.  But then the CTs make the situation ambiguous -- like when Sid becomes the one to resolve Viren's jealousy track and how he comes to talk to her. I think its the CTs fault that Nivi is shown to be not fully involved in her husband's day to day world and his inner life and not dying to be with him as much as he is.  They deliberately want to keep it gray so that they can keep us guessing and off balance about what she really feels.  Sadists,no?! 
Honey_berries thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cutie-NivRen

Agree with both of you honey-berry and Minuu. Ya Nivi never show those gesture towards Viren which she should have shown. She never appriciate Viren in front of all. In general serials a ideal wife will praise her husband even if he doesn't do anything for her but here Viren has done so much for her but she doesn't give him any credit or thanks. They show Viren appriciating, supporting and encouraging Nivi at everystep which is always lacked from Nivi's front. When Viren was insecure and had a fight with her there was no need to involve Sid in it. I know she hadn't called him but he came but she give such a roundabout answer anyone would understand what happened between husband and wife. I know it was Viren's mistake but a ideal wife of serial handle these kinds of situations herself but she got somehow Sid involved in it. Though NT dadi said she loves Viren completely but why don't they show her world revolves around Viren like they show for Viren her world is Nivi. In the end they say Nivi loves Viren but we want to feel it from Nivi's side we don't want to assume in the end that she loves Viren more than anyone. She rarely show her love or appriciation for Viren and never praised him in front of others. We wants to saying in front of all she is lucky to have Viren in her life.

Exactly, she indirectly confided in Sid about Viren. I didn't like the way she talked to Sid about Viren during the site contruction thing. Basically she bad mouthed about Viren (in a decent way but still). But hell she'd ever say that about Sid. What freaks me out is why the hell she didn't tell Viren about Divya's insecurities? Why did she never mentioned to Viren that Divya asked her not to talk to Sid. Why didn't she tell him about Divya's abortion thing? Why she keeps hiding things from Viren but easily lets her heart out with Sid? Why? Is she still not over him? Could be because she was shown to have moved on as soon as she married Viren. Very very strange. Noone can move on with such things that easily especially when the guy is right in front of you 24*7. No matter how close you are to your friend (in Nivi's case it's her past lover) the first and only one you confide in is your husband. She treats Viren like he doesn't exist. Why is she so stupid? Or the CT's are indicating something else with this closeness?? How can they show such things on TV which is so powerful and influential in people's life. Why can't they show how a women makes sacrifice and learns to find happiness in whatever she gets. Why can't they show some positivity in the story? Why can't think what today's women would do in such situations rather than following the 1870 mentality? I will kill the CT's if they ever..ever try to separate Nivren...urrrgghhh...urrrggghhh
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

I think the CT's are trying to keep the situation murky by making her so emotionally distant from Viren most of the time, and by those looks they show her and Sid exchanging, and the talks they keep having.
I think after Nivi realized her love for Viren and returned to the Sood house, and especially after the SR, she is fully and totally Viren's.  She truly loves him.  The few scenes where she spontaneously shows her love for him do show this, like when she says ILU, and at the hospital, in the office and during the funeral when she searches only for Viren and questions only Viren.  But then the CTs make the situation ambiguous -- like when Sid becomes the one to resolve Viren's jealousy track and how he comes to talk to her. I think its the CTs fault that Nivi is shown to be not fully involved in her husband's day to day world and his inner life and not dying to be with him as much as he is.  They deliberately want to keep it gray so that they can keep us guessing and off balance about what she really feels.  Sadists,no?! 

Agree with you Minu they are delibrately involving Sid in between NivRen and top of that article title gave wrong meaning completely
Honey_berries thumbnail

I think you are right. Maybe they want to put scenes where we keep guessing if Nivi really has moved on or she is still feels for Sid. Neha and Kinshuk are such great actors that it hurts when you see them with such a lame and dumb story line. They do complete justice to their role but the story is such that people hate to bear this serial. So many of my friends have stopped watching this serial because of the lame story. The power packed jodi of Kinha can do WONDERS only if RS chose the right directors and creatives. God alone knows if there will ever be happiness in Nivren's life
minu2011 thumbnail
I agree Rach, honey-berry (sorry don't know your name) - the tragedy of RS's neglect of this show and the poor calibre of the writers (post Saba Mumtaz) is the injustice this does to the amazing and talented cast of they have -- especially kinshuk and Neha.  It is so sad that they are being made to go through all this.  Yet, as you say, they do full justice to whatever is thrown at them.  They have poured their all into these roles and so my heart aches at this wasted talent.  With the quality of these actors (KM, NS, Sarita Joshi, HL, Payal Nair, Sid's mom, DS..yash, even nandu), this show could and should have been #1.  And with Kinshuk and Neha's awesome chemistry on top of that, this would have surely been a top rated show.   So sad to see that weak writing and these senseless twists and turns have sunk it.

If I'm not mistaken, it had the highest rating leading up to the HM, just before Viren was revealed as a stalker.  Everyone used to say that the beauty of this jodi is what gives the show its trps, how can RS destroy it, but lo and behold, they did exactly that!  And since then we have hardly had a few days in a row where we could enjoy NivRen in peace -- these constant disruptions have driven us all up the wall!   no wonder people will stop watching it.  If it weren't for KM and NS, I would too.  How much heartbreak can one take.  And they still don't get it!!!!!😕
Edited by minu2011 - 12 years ago
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I agree every word...and its the CT's to blame for...thts all what I can say