-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
You are here - HomeEntertainmentBollywood Story

Bollywood

A-sin against Salman Khan

The actress who is said to be 'close' to her Ready co-star is all set to work with Shah Rukh, his arch rival in 2 States

Noyon Jyoti Parasara

Posted On Friday, May 13, 2011 at 02:08:32 AM

They said it would be Priyanka Chopra. And then they said Deepika would replace her. However, the latest is that the lucky one to star opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Sajid Nadiadwala's rendition of Chetan Bhagat's 2 States is none other than Asin Thottumkal.

However, we wonder how her good co-star and better friend Salman Khan would take that piece of news. After London Dreams and now Ready, Asin is believed to be quite 'friendly' with the actor.

Also, her bagging Housefull 2, a film to be produced by Sallu's good friend Sajid Nadiadwala, did manage to raise a few eyebrows in the industry. But now, it seems like the career oriented actress has no qualms about angering one Khan for the other.

Leaving Sallu angry or not, this seems to be a wonderful career move for the south Indian beauty.

With 2 States, Asin will become the first among her contemporaries, Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor or Anushka Sharma to have worked with all the three big Khans of Bollywood.

A source from Nadiadwala's office revealed that the producer along with director Vishal Bhardwaj met Asin to discuss the story. Needless to say, the actress was more than excited.

"Asin is already a part of Housefull 2 and hence she often featured in the discussions about the casting for 2 States. Sajid and Asin share a comfortable relationship and the actress was excited to be a part of the film, which not only features Shah Rukh but also will be directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. She is currently out of town but is expected to sign the papers as soon as she lands back in city," reveals the source.

The source further added, "Vidya Balan too was being considered for the role after Priyanka Chopra, since the female lead in the film is South Indian. Asin fits the bill for the same reason."

No wonder, Asin did not want her 'close' friend Neil Nitin Mukesh to mess up with his career decisions (Mumbai Mirror, May 11). After all, how can one who rubs shoulders with the Khans on-screen be seen with somebody who doesn't?

When contacted, Sajid Nadiadwala and Vishal Bhardwaj, both remained unavailable for comments.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Damn this girl is so lucky: Aamir, salman and SRK wow
mariasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Shee i agree with u
she was only FUN in the first MOVIE Ghajini and also as real person
I think given the choices, after Vidya, Asin was a good choice. she normally does the role of traditional South indian well. 
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Asin would play the role of a South Indian girl well but she has no charm on screen..super boring! Also SRK is too old to play the role of a college boy... Together, I don't think they would even look good at all...and Sajid Nadiawala is producing...I might stay away from this one! 🤔
SRK is gonna be playing a college boy? what's he gonna play in his next movie? A toddler in a stroller? 
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
asin plays the tambram role very well

she does well in author backed roles
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I like Asin, glad she's getting good movie offers!
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She'll be good. But yeah she is boring...only liked her in Ghajini actually LOVED her in Ghajini😳
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Sajid Nadiawala directing this one...Image

I wanted someone like Raju Hirani doing it... Totol Khichdi this Nadiawala will make out of this fab story..