Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

India-Forums

Can inter-religion marriage be successfull? (Page 2)

pariangel29 Newbie
pariangel29
pariangel29

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
sure it can ! my sis in law is roman catholic whilst we are hindus ,my mom never had a prob with this whole topic ,she says to us we can marry whomever we want just as long as the person treats us right ,but bhabhi's mom on the other hand... uff  Confused

dilsharn Goldie
dilsharn
dilsharn

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
yup it can =D

you know there are so many people that have inter-religion marriages, it just depends on the couple and how willing and accepting they are of each other

and then it depends on family 
but even with family some just kind of avoid there taunts and that makes it possible

but first it depends on the couple itself and then family 

even if you wernt in a inter-religion marriage you could have a successful relationship with the inlaws but if its not successful with your husband or wife then its not a successful "marriage"

i myself am going to have a inter-religion marriage soon 
sihame Senior Member
sihame
sihame

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
I think it's succesful if both families r respecting each other
But if you have a baby wich religion he will have ????
adhewar Newbie
adhewar
adhewar

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Any marriage can be successful or unsuccessful.  It all depends whether the two people involved want to make it a success or not.  For a marriage to be successful, it needs committment, a little give and take and understanding.  If both couples are willing to do so, then there is no stopping making a marriage successful.  It does not take religion or culture to make a marriage successful but the people themselves.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sihameHalkatJawaniJay

April2007 IF-Dazzler
April2007
April2007

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
It all depends on the religion..some religions are very tolerant and accepting and believe that their are many ways to one God, while other are intolerant, they think their way is the only way.
sunney Groupbie
sunney
sunney

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:20am | IP Logged
I feel it takes two people to make the marriage work it has nothing to do with religion.
Dimdim. IF-Rockerz
Dimdim.
Dimdim.

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sihame

I think it's succesful if both families r respecting each other
But if you have a baby wich religion he will have ????

In India, A child takes the FATHER RELIGION, FATHERS NAME by default. At 18 the child can opt for a particular religion and select the religion too.

Having said this one must remember it depends on the couple.

@ Inter Religious marriage in India is a complex relationship. Becomes more challenging if one has to live with in laws.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sihame

clockman Newbie
clockman
clockman

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mourinho

What is your view?
I am Portuguese/Spanish.  My wife is all Indian and a Hindu.  I am from a Catholic background.  We went around 3 years prior to marriage and we discussed everything from sex, religion , identities and family.  Religion , in our opinions is subject to interpretation.  We believe in the religion of love.  We have all grown up with different religions, but what holds true to most of us is the values that were instilled in us as we  were growing up,  Respect each other values, principles, love each other in whatever form, mother, brother, sister, father etc.  Treat your mother as you would want your children to treat you, and this applies to every relationship.    We don't believe in caste and who is Spanish, Indian, Muslim, Sikh, Punjabi, Gujrati, Negro or white.  We are all human beings.Cut my indian wife hand's , cut my portuguse father hands, and red blood comes out of it.  All religions teaches us the path of righteousness and goodness just like all rivers lead to the sea, all religions teaches us to seek God and his etrnal goodness.  My firm belief that if someone truly loves someone, it wouldn't matter whether they are Chinese , Negro or Indian, the marriage can work.  Love always stand the test of time, it goes beyond time.  I've been married for over 10 years and this Spanish/Portuguese man is still very much in love with my Indian wife.  The fact is I love her more today than the day  I married her and I will love her for every janam.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index