A comparison: Both families behaviour towards new

Posted: 12 years ago

I am sure everyone has notice how different both families have behaved towards their new daughter-in-laws.

When Mona got married, straight away they wanted her to chance and adopt their cultural ways: such as food, clothes and etc. But when Hetal got married, her in-laws did not expect or wanted her to change her ways. Mona's family is treating Hetal a million times better than Anu's family ever did.

This really makes me mad, and i hope the Ghandi's learns something from this when Hetal says how good her in-laws are.
that is the difference between them...but amrit ji is treating hetal too good...hope hetal wont become negative in cming days
Punjabi family is being shown in good behavior, happy and loving family, where as Gujratis always complaing , cribbing insulting their bahu and her parents etc. Thats what I observed. After so much drama still Mona is bot accpeted as Bahu by her Sas. Edited by Westwick - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Westwick

Punjabi family is being shown in good behavior, happy and loving family, where as Gujratis always complaing , cribbing insulting their bahu and her parents etc. Thats what I observed. After so much drama still Mona is bot accpeted as Bahu by her Sas.
Yeah I have been seeing this and feeeling bad. Since, I am Gujarati, it hurts to see being potrayed in such a light. I don't know the show wants to potray Gujaraties bad or not, but its happening. The proof is you said Gujarati and Punjabi rather than Anukal's or Karan's family.

However, I have seen equally good Gujaratis and Punjabies and equally  bad Gujaraties and Punjabies. This show is too biased. Never in the human history one family has all good charactgers like Karan's and never in the human history one family has all the bad characters like Anukalp. Some balance is required.
It has nothing to do with Gujarati vs Punjabi family. Mona is the main lead so she would have more problems. Look at other Indian soap operas same scenario for example YRKKH Akshra has more problems then Varsha. 
Originally posted by Hope 89

It has nothing to do with Gujarati vs Punjabi family. Mona is the main lead so she would have more problems. Look at other Indian soap operas same scenario for example YRKKH Akshra has more problems then Varsha. 
Some hopes!
Very well said by feenie.  It is unfortunate that the show portrays one as a good family and the other as the bad one.  It is true that in real life you may seldom find such perfect good family and the another perfect bad family.

This should be taken as a show on TV only.
Amba even admitted to Hetal that Amrit would be a better mother to Hetal. Yet this arrogant woman will not change her attitude.
Ummm... both families are not wayyy different.. I have actually only seen one episode of this show and that was the one aired today. They criticized hetal's cooking and pretty much take off her earrings as well... Only her mom in law is decently good... The rest of the women in the family did not leave any opportunity to put her down.
ya i totally agree. i hope hetal realizes and put some senses into her ambaji.