India-Forums

Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai
Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

TB-New Gulaal to be axed !!

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged

Diya Baati slotted at Prime time; Gulaal to be axed!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 | 2:11:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 53 Comments Diya Baati slotted at Prime time; Gulaal to be axed!

Star Plus' Gulaal to make way for Sumit Mittal's Diya Baati...

Star Plus' upcoming show Diya Baati produced by Sumit Mittal and Shashi Mittal had got delayed because of certain issues between the channel and production house. But now everything seems to be sorted as the show is ready to go on floor.

A little birdie chirps, "Diya Baati was almost ready to go on floor long back, but some or the other issues came up as a hurdle. The cast was also finalized for the show. But it seems the channel was not happy with Hina Khan (a fresh face) who was finalized to essay the female lead in the show. Therefore sticking to the channel's demand, the female lead got changed. And this was the major reason why Diya Baati took long time to come up."

If sources are to be believed, Diya Baati will replace Sphere Origin's Gulaal which is running at the slot of 9. And Gulaal, we hear, will be axed when Diya Batti is ready for launch.

Tellybuzz earlier reported about the finalized cast of the show wherein Anas Rashid will play the male lead and we hear that a new face has replaced Hina Khan as the main lead. Apart from these cast; Ashok Lokhande, Kanika Maheshwari, Anita Kulkarni will be seen in the list of cast.

We contacted Manasi Parekh (Gulaal) to know about Gulaal's future and she said, "I haven't heard anything about Gulaal going off air and I am hearing it from you."

When contacted Sumit Mittal- Producer of Diya Baati, he cleared, "I don't want to talk about this issue until and unless the channel does not give a confirmation."

Producer of Gulaal, Sanjoy Wadhawa said,"When I hear about Gulaal going off air, I will definitely let you know."

Diya Baati's shooting will probably start by next month…

Reporter: Tejashree Bhopatkar, Srividya Rajesh
Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

RIDICULOUS !!! Star plus you could have continued with Bidaaii till this MAY and then gave a full closure... Wasted a good shows slot with post leap doing remarkable well and Anmol and Ragini's story was getting interesting and a show which was pacing well in the No1 slot!!

If Bidaaii does'nt come back at the primie time 9 pm forget you getting back your no 1 position at 9 pm coz  I am sure PR or even colors show will give u better competition !

Its seriously disappointing for people who loved what the offered post leap and the depth of some crucial issues were well addressed

With the news of Bidaaii being back(when no one knews) wonder if it will  get the 9 pm slot or  maybe shifted !!

BUT Gulaal to be axed seems to be already under scanner for a long time and repcaing with some other show  is truly  a unfair decision for a show like Bidaaii which with leap did wonders !!!Ouch

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Priyaanjharman05anizorIlovemskjyothi_coolsami01saveeta24

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:12am | IP Logged
I hope Starplus plays the price  axing Bidaaii at 9 pm slot and any other show running at that time slot will never give them a run for their points !!

Starplus will axe no1 postion shows and evn the shows which are a disaster

They have no strategy !!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorsaveeta24

sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged
so true am pissed off i hope this new one flop

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

saveeta24

rekha02 IF-Rockerz
rekha02
rekha02

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Shanti, it means only one thing Telly buzz gave wrong info which was not validated by Sp officials, only the hindustan times article gave proper info about show to be back but date not yet set. even a recent article gave such info, so all we have left is to wait until some correct info is available.Dead
This new show Diya Bhatti was long overdue even mentioned in the new shows to come, Bidaai no is yet to come, now they need to bring shows which were in the offing since last year, Bidaai has a long wait.Ouch

Edited by rekha03 - 12 May 2011 at 9:34am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorsaveeta24sami01

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
No news  can be trusted now a days !!LOL

Untill it comes from the horses mouth !!

Gulaal never gave teh ratings Bidaaii did..

Post leap lotas were said abt Bidaaii and still they got it to no 1 position
Even without  much promos and much focus on the protagonists

When a show running for 3 years and a leap to be taken clicked with the audiences Starplus is really foolish to have axed it

I hope no show at 9 pm click for them till they justify why they axed teh number one show !

anizorsaveeta24sami01

rekha02 IF-Rockerz
rekha02
rekha02

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Anupam Vasudev, executive vice president, marketing, Star Plus, confirms that Sapnaa Babul Ka Bidaai went off air with a promise to return. "We've not put a date to it as yet, but it was always expected to come back. It was evident, because not every daily climaxes with an open end," he asserts. "Bidaai will always be acknowledged as one of our prime properties. However, the second season may not happen immediately. It may take us some time."

this statement came from right from the horse's mouth, so I trust it and also this statement

It will take off from where the last season ended.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anizorsaveeta24

saveeta24 IF-Sizzlerz
saveeta24
saveeta24

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
its really annoying SP strategy...

they already did a blunder and now themselves axing their risk show..

anyways as rekha has posted the article it was with a promise to return back..

so lets hope bidaai  comes soon with a continuation story of the leap..

wat slot they will give it as 9pm will be a new show again...i do hope they dont have to axe it soon this one too as already clashes with PH..management of SP..

Edited by savee_k - 12 May 2011 at 10:46am

anizortvmyloveshanti05

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rekha03

Anupam Vasudev, executive vice president, marketing, Star Plus, confirms that Sapnaa Babul Ka Bidaai went off air with a promise to return. "We've not put a date to it as yet, but it was always expected to come back. It was evident, because not every daily climaxes with an open end," he asserts. "Bidaai will always be acknowledged as one of our prime properties. However, the second season may not happen immediately. It may take us some time."

this statement came from right from the horse's mouth, so I trust it and also this statement

It will take off from where the last season ended.

Rekha I agree he never said it will some back after IPL or whatever we are waiting for it to come back and in its due time ...

All I am annoyed right now is the TB news abt giving Diya Batti the slot after Gulaal is out !!

So Gulaal truly has failed to get audience attention !! and they wasted Bidaai's maha epsiode with shwing  abt water finding and all the hype of the show Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anizor

Go to top