Guddu's Silences and Abhi's Words...

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

This has been a fascinating week in the developing psyche of Guddu Shukla

We have seen the caring almost instinctual gestures that Guddu can make towards RJ:

1.    Worried she has not eaten

2.    Siding with her to go find Jabbu

3.    Complimenting her on her food

4.    Admitting in off-hand ways that he cares that she does not fall sick from not eating  and feels bad when others treat her badly

5.    Will beat up those who bother her

But while these have been Guddu's actions, words have not come so easily to him. He has three chances to verbalize what he and RJ have, or what she is to him and all three times the answers or his lack of answers have been telling.

1.    RJ asks Guddu earlier this week if he has trust in her. This is an amazing question that RJ asks, given their history.  RJ seems to think that the answer from Guddu at this point should be "yes."

Guddu does not really answer this in the affirmative, but instead hides in the negative saying, "I did not say I do not trust you." He sidesteps the question here.

2.    RJ asks Guddu yesterday,   "Am I good person, would I hurt anyone, be jealous?"

Guddu again does not answer her directly. Her question again is very deep. Does he know her? When Guddu stumbled drunk into the bedroom last week, he said in a drunken haze that  RJ should start her lecture because "He knows her SO well." Does he? Again Guddu's answer here is silence. He avoids again a direct answer to her.

3.    Finally Jabbo also asks Guddu to articulate what is RJ to him. Jabbo's reasoning is that RJ is the symbol of a challenge, someone to defeat, so that Guddu can prove how strong he is.  Jabbo's main point' RJ is nothing to him essentially. There is no real relationship. She is equal to anyone on the street.

Guddu's answer is again silence. He cannot say that they have a friendship, a truce of sorts, anything.

Now compare these to the scenes that feature Abhi, all show Abhi's heroism and outspoken defense of RJ

Abhi's words are important about RJ in the scenes as Guddu remembers:

Abhi says to RJ

1.    You are my wife (to be)

2.    You and I are one person

3.    I am your shield against the world

4.    I know that you are good

5.    I believe in you

6. Our relationship cannot be broken even by God

These simple words are all the words that Guddu could not say this week. I see each silence by Guddu as missing one of the above answers.   Right now he has to see RJ  in opposition, his enemy,  a person of no relation so that he can win the challenge.

I think that it is important that when Guddu thinks of Abhi on the roof, I did not see jealousy, but a sort of sad regret. Unlike Abhi, he cannot pledge to RJ the foundational blocks people in a relationship need. I am not saying he wants to now, but he knows something is not there.

Thinking of Abhi, Guddu appears to understand the words that one says when confronted by the  questions that he had to face this week with RJ. Any of Abhi's words would have been the perfect answers to the questions that he was asked all this week.

I am not sure if Guddu has had a partner relationship with anyone ever, but I thought I could see in him as he looked at the carom club/IM center all that he knows should be there between two people. That equals Abhi's words.

PS. I know Abhi later was a jerk, but As Waffah pointed out that may not be known to Guddu

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm not sure Guddu's thoughts are as deep as yours πŸ˜† but I agree Abhi voiced everything Guddu should be voicing.  The interesting thing is... Abhi said it and didn't follow through... Guddu is following through but did not voice it.

Great post.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rani2007

I'm not sure Guddu's thoughts are as deep as yours πŸ˜† but I agree Abhi voiced everything Guddu should be voicing.  The interesting thing is... Abhi said it and didn't follow through... Guddu is following through but did not voice it.

Great post.πŸ˜ƒ

Rani, Perfect!  I agree with what you wrote.

JP, Guddu has not yet reached a stage of contemplation or introspection.  It is a start.  It will happen slowly over time or Runjhun and Guddu will reunite in tomorrow's episode and BBAT will end.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Does Guddu even know what he wants?  If he did, he would not have done all the ulta stuff he is doing since yesterday.

Does Runjhun know what she wants?  Amma had another good line that was lost in the clutter - about both changing each other in the relationship.
Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

JP, Guddu has not yet reached a stage of contemplation or introspection.  It is a start.  It will happen slowly over time or Runjhun and Guddu will reunite in tomorrow's episode and BBAT will end.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Does Guddu even know what he wants?  If he did, he would not have done all the ulta stuff he is doing since yesterday.

Does Runjhun know what she wants?  Amma had another good line that was lost in the clutter - about both changing each other in the relationship.

Agreed.  I was going to add this to my post above but posting new instead...in line with what Gardes said...

Don't forget that Guddu has no realization to his feelings for Runjhun.  He believes that she is his enemy and that he hates her.  Even though his feelings have changed... he doesn't see it.  Yesterday's episode where he says that he knows what is behind her innocent looking face and then his attitude changeing when he sees her crying are a great example of what he believes and what he thinks.
Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago
sigrid thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
JP, excellent post and you r so rite...you have summarize the relationship between G and R...also the build up between them was slow and silent but steady...now Abhi's words are going to make G feel inseucre and with Jaboo's words...also today's precap shows that now R is feeling insecure too...when this happens in an relationship when both partners fell it, the foundation tend to become weak... let us see where this all leads too...
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
JP, Rani, Sig,

What Jabbo has done is reminded Guddu about who he is (his aukaat) and immediately Guddu reverts into his self-preservation mode.  It is a fear he may have lived with since leaving Dinanath Shukla's home that no one is allowed to get one up on him, specially not this girl!
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

Right I do not think that Guddu is conscious of all this, but what a fantastic job by the CV's putting all these scenes together so we can see as viewers  the work that this couple needs to do.
MikanSakura thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
as u said, JP...abhi is a big fat nerdy gangsta jerk...!!!😡 i hate him...😑😑 aenheann...😭😭😭wat if dis amma agrees 4 runjhun n dat moron (abhigyan) coalitn... aennn...😭😭😭 Edited by mikanS - 12 years ago
Shineon thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@jpalagrawal - what a post yaaar. Loved reading itπŸ‘

I think the writers are doing a wonderful job with this story so far⭐️
Edited by Rach1 - 12 years ago
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
superb post jpalagrawal.