Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
No but definitely I will
Thanks
RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: simiv

Ok will give it a shot! when does this thread end??

hei simi..this thread will be closed by thursday..on thursday guessing of next MOTW starts..n that wiill be the last day in grill for u..
-Deepali- thumbnail
Thanks Simi for Given all the Answer's of My questions๐Ÿค—
Yous OS..OMG ..Awesome and hot dear...very nice and supperb๐Ÿ˜
*faints*

-mesmerised- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: simiv

I enjoy making folks blush and swoon and die all around me!! ๐Ÿ˜†
Looks like everybody is so dead that they are not bent on grilling me anymore!!! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Only Vandu's OS is left, then Jaan chooti!!! Wipes her brow!!!t

@Bold: ๐Ÿคฃ  ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

Haha! I almost feel compelled to give you a task just to see how you'd react! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜†

Don't worry i won't, but will give you one question to answer instead...

Which of the following driving forces in humans do you feel is the most evil and why; money, power or greed?

rafia 24 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hey simiii i told you i shall come back to grill you before its too late lol- im sorry couldnt resist and there were some questions i was dying to read your take on like;

what came first the egg or the chicken?๐Ÿ˜†

If you were an animal what would you be?

whats your fav cartoon/ animated character?

if you were a superhero who would you be?

HAHA some more serious ones๐Ÿ˜‰

whats more important to love or be loved?

whats your take on top forgive and forget? - can it be truly done

in relationships what is more important, love, understanding, or learning to compromise?

ok heres some other general ones which from going through the thread i dont think anyone has asked๐Ÿ˜Š

fav hollywood actor/actress?

if you had to shift again (i know banglore- denver must have required a huge adjustment) where would you like to settle down?

Fav type of music- not hindi soundtracks?

fav east and west music artists- modern and contemporary?

happy to say i have ready most of your fav pieces of literature ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
so now i want to know your fav quotes/ sayings?

ok i know this is EVILLL ๐Ÿ˜† of me but i am going to request an OS but you can write this at any time at your disposal- sorry couldnt resist the temptation plus you write sooo well๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

so it should be set post medical school (where shaan and khanak met) they secretly love each other but never had the courage to admit it and remain friends, khanak at the encouragment of her parents has just agreed on getting engaged to amir- a high flying lawyer who is handsome, smart and understanding and respects her wish to practice in medicine- so basically she thought he was a good catch and cant wait around forever for shaan as she does want to settle down
so it all boils down to how does shaan win her over and convince her to marry him instead-
HAPPY WRITING๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
again sorry i couldnt resist

Lastly - i know you must be thinking FINALLY and cursing me๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ญ
๐Ÿ˜ญwrite a poem or something describing me๐Ÿ˜‰ - this is your oppertunity to vent and say bad things lol for being so mean to you

simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: rafia 24

hey simiii i told you i shall come back to grill you before its too late lol- im sorry couldnt resist and there were some questions i was dying to read your take on like;

what came first the egg or the chicken?๐Ÿ˜†

If you were an animal what would you be?

whats your fav cartoon/ animated character?

if you were a superhero who would you be?

HAHA some more serious ones๐Ÿ˜‰

whats more important to love or be loved?

whats your take on top forgive and forget? - can it be truly done

in relationships what is more important, love, understanding, or learning to compromise?

ok heres some other general ones which from going through the thread i dont think anyone has asked๐Ÿ˜Š

fav hollywood actor/actress?

if you had to shift again (i know banglore- denver must have required a huge adjustment) where would you like to settle down?

Fav type of music- not hindi soundtracks?

fav east and west music artists- modern and contemporary?

happy to say i have ready most of your fav pieces of literature ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
so now i want to know your fav quotes/ sayings?

ok i know this is EVILLL ๐Ÿ˜† of me but i am going to request an OS but you can write this at any time at your disposal- sorry couldnt resist the temptation plus you write sooo well๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

so it should be set post medical school (where shaan and khanak met) they secretly love each other but never had the courage to admit it and remain friends, khanak at the encouragment of her parents has just agreed on getting engaged to amir- a high flying lawyer who is handsome, smart and understanding and respects her wish to practice in medicine- so basically she thought he was a good catch and cant wait around forever for shaan as she does want to settle down
so it all boils down to how does shaan win her over and convince her to marry him instead-
HAPPY WRITING๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
again sorry i couldnt resist

Lastly - i know you must be thinking FINALLY and cursing me๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ญ
๐Ÿ˜ญwrite a poem or something describing me๐Ÿ˜‰ - this is your oppertunity to vent and say bad things lol for being so mean to you

Bacchu!! Looks like you are gonna have me for dinner!! I shall see you!!
Edited by simiv - 12 years ago
simikr thumbnail
So here's my Vandu OS!๐Ÿ˜† Please bear with me, I tried!

Dil To Pagal Hai...

Chennai city one December evening

It was a pleasant evening in this major metropolis of the south. This city has a reputation of being more or less not a very 'happening' place when compared to the other major hot spots in the country, but things had started to perk up. Many more shopping plazas including malls, chic restaurants, and other means for time pass entertainment besides the traditional movies, classical music and dance shows had added more columns to the CV of the city. The noveau riche from the professional 20 to 30 some things had started showing interest in spending rather than saving their sizable incomes, which was diametrically opposite to the Pravachans of their fathers and forefathers, but then who cares?

But, there were some things which hadn't changed and perhaps never would such as the welcoming of each new day with the haunting chant of 'Suprabhatam,' on the radio, the unique and refreshing aroma of South Indian filter coffee, the size of the huge crowds lining up outside cinema theatres to watch  Rajni God's movies, and the ritual congregation of our 'Gossip Ammas' every evening in the corner temple.

As Schools, colleges, government offices and banks closed for down for the day, children, youngsters and adults gathered themselves up and made their way back home to relax, and rejuvenate.

One among these was a sprightly young woman in a bright blue green cotton salwar kameez, riding on one of the innumerable Scooties which plastered the busy roads daily. She made her way down Cathedral Road, then turned left on Binny Rd to end at Stella Maris College, one of the premiere institutes of higher education for young women in Chennai. She stopped in front of the gate and frantically searched the faces of the young women drifting out, hoping that she had not missed her cousin again. She removed her helmet and shook out her thick wavy black mane, as she pulled out her mobile and decided to give her another call. As she waited for the call to be answered her wandering eyes fell on her cousin's familiar slim and tall figure standing across the street in a bus stop apparently enjoying a tete- a- tete with someone who appeared to be a tall young man in the standard office attire of shirt, pants and the proverbial tie. Relieved and yet angry at the same time she carefully crossed the road and tried to catch her attention. When several of these attempts were not met with success other than stir up unwanted male interest she hollered...

Shreya! (Then louder) Shreya!!

Shreya stopped her chatter mid sentence and looked up to find Khanak looking her usual bright and beautiful self, not so subtly waggling her eyebrows at her.

(Pakdi gayi! Ab kya hoga?) she thought as she hurried towards her without even so much of a goodbye to her good looking companion.

Sorry di, but when you didn't come I thought I'd ride the bus home! She blurted out in a hurry wanting to ward of the inevitable questions which would follow. But Khanak was too sharp to be dissuaded so easily. Turning her scootie in the right direction and indicating her cousin to take her seat behind her she said sternly,

Accha bahana dhoodha hai! Hadn't I called just 10 min ago to say that I'm running a little late? Mr. Smarty pants ko dekh kar sab kuch bhool gayi kya?

Nahin di wo...wo..

Wo..wo sab chod! I was just teasing! Khanak laughed. Par tum badi chupi rustum nikli! Never mentioned your bus stop buddy! Kya baat hai?

Khanak!! (Relieved,) Baap re! You and your dramebaazi! You really had me scared there for a while! I was just advancing my Swayamvar!

What? Are you planning to get married? Or run away from home? Shreya what will Mom and Dad say when they find out or do they know already and am I the only one steering blind?

No Khanak it's not what you're thinking! Anyways these things wouldn't make sense to a crackpot like you who always is in favor of 'Life taking its own course.' But that's not me, I believe in action.  I've already started the procedure of audition and elimination. It's called Mission Shreya Potential future Life partner! It may take a few years before I find him but I anticipate loads of fun in the process! What say Miss. Dancing Doll, shall I start one for you too? Will surely get applicants in plenty with your incredible allure and out of the world talents! She said giggling, her excitement infectious.

Khanak laughed but shook her head vehemently, Thanks but no thanks! You are not going to change my mind. In fact you are sure to get into trouble soon yourself! Better abandon these foolhardy projects! How do you get these ideas, watching too much TV? Concentrate on your studies and work on standing on your own 2 wobbly feet first, everything else will follow. As I have always said 'For every person God has made someone somewhere.' Believe me, he works in mysterious ways!

Okay Di! Tumse koi nahin jeet sakta! By the way, how are the preparations for the grand finale tomorrow night? Isn't it going to be Kalakshetra's first attempt at performing this dance drama? I'm so excited, I can't wait and you in the lead role would be like icing on the cake!! Haina di?

Khanak smiled, yes she had been waiting in the wings for too long. And tomorrow she would get her long awaited dues.

----------------------

Dakshin, Park Sheraton:

Shantanu was in a bit of culinary paradise as he worked his way slowly through the South Indian sampler at the popular Dakshin restaurant. His palate had never before savored so myriad a blend of exotic flavors and heady combination of fresh spices. Everything was so different from his native fare yet still very much Indian. He was glad that he had taken his friend's advice and gone easy on his Breakfast and lunch for an empty stomach was a prerequisite to do justice to the sumptuous spread.

As he slurped up the savory Sambhar and took another bite of the unusual yet delicious Banana dosa, Abhay his friend chipped in,

Maine kahaa tha na? Now you owe me one! Chuckling.

Oh Definitely! I wouldn't have wanted to miss this for anything! Waah!! This beats continental any day! Maybe I can send Harilal here to get trained. Wonder if they'll part with their recipes? Thanks yaar for insisting on bringing me here! What a wonderful week we've had. Great music, dance and food! I am already having withdrawal symptoms and we haven't even left yet. He said, a look of profound regret coming over his classically handsome features.

Hahaha!! Dramebaaz! Tu kabhi koi chance nahin chodega! Kabhi to aam logon jaise behave karna seekh le!

No Abhay! I'm serious! I swear! After coming here, thanks to you, I've realized that our country has so much more to offer that a lifetime may not be enough to explore it. We should celebrate our culture so that the whole world sits up and pays attention! In fact I'm thinking of including some Bharathnatyam in our show, what do you think Abhay? His eyes reflected his excitement.

That's a great idea Shaan! It'll be a first, but how?

Yes, how? Shaan said pensively as he watched the musicians play live mellifluous Carnatic music and his hands and feet involuntarily kept rhythm with the talam.

Okay let's sleep on it tonight! Meanwhile if we don't hurry we are sure to miss the opening act of the Grand finale performance.

Oh Yes, I almost forgot! Kalakshetra putting on Shakuntala for the first time! What a way to end the season!

Yes, isn't it? I'm curious as to who would play the title role!

Me too! Can't wait, let's go!

Next morning on the day they were supposed to return to Mumbai, Abhay woke up to the strains of guitar coming from the adjoining room which belonged to Shaan. It was unusual not only because he was up before 10 am but also because he was strumming his guitar and singing too! Though his guitar always tagged along wherever he went he rarely would find occasion to play on it. When asked his typical reply would be that he was waiting for some inspiration.

So looks like he did get his inspiration! Abhay smiled as he recalled Shaan's demeanor during the show last night. He had sat still throughout, spellbound, his eyes fixed on the stage, more so on just one particular performer, the strikingly beautiful star of the show. In fact almost the whole audience had watched the whole 1 and a half hour show in perfect silence. The dancers had brought the classic tale of love, loss and  redemption to life. But the heroine had stolen the show and captured all their minds by her heart rending performance.

Tune mujhe pehchana nahin

Jana main koi anjaana nahin

Aashiq hun main tere naam ka

Deewana hun main deewana nahin

Shaan strummed while singing this song. He had not the remotest idea why he had chosen this song or this moment to sing, somehow he felt compelled by an unknown yet irresistible force. He knew that it had something to do with the intense emotional experience he had undergone the night before, something with almost no parallel. The image of Shakuntala...he hadn't paid attention to her real name had taken a permanent residence in his brain. He had never before come across such a deadly combination of beauty, grace and talent, not even in anyone in his own well known music and dance troupe. She seemed to breathe life into her art and that was the best compliment he could give anybody.

Just then his mobile rang and he picked it up reluctantly and soon the bliss on his face evaporated,

The Bustling Shopping District of T- Nagar:

Don't worry Shaan, these things do happen and we have to be prepared for it. So what if Natasha has broken her ankle, it's a shame yes, but we can ask her understudy to dance instead. What's her name? Huh?

Simran, that's her name! She's alright but not as good as Tashu, and this is not some run of the mill kind of set up, it's our piece de resistance, and Tashu our show stopper. But now she's out of commission and I am left high and dry! And why the Hell have you brought me here, this fish market? Shaan said, the hubbub around rendering sane thought impossible.

They were at a humongous Jewelry store where Abhay had come to purchase some token gift for his wife, in order to placate her for leaving suddenly with barely any notice.

Sorry yaar! But if I give Sushi some Gold she wouldn't ask questions! And I had heard that this store was one of the best in town. Hey tell me, will this jhumka suit your bhabhi better or this one? He said holding up both of them to his own ears.

May all women in the world have husbands like you! Mein to chala! Shaan said as he wandered off to find some relative peace and quiet which he knew was quiet impossible but anyway worth a try. He took the stairs and strode in to the next level, receiving admiring glances from most everybody who came across him, his external suave appearance unaffected by his internal turmoil. His eyes skimmed the brightly lit displays without actually seeing them, his mind preoccupied. He leaned over the balcony overlooking the main floor of the store when from behind he heard the sound of loud feminine laughter. He smiled and shook his head,

Women! He thought without looking behind.

Ma! You are too much, itni jaldi kya padi hai meri shaadi ki? Only now after so long has my talent been recognized. Did you see how many encores, I got! Hmmmph! I won't stand here anymore  listening to you all! A soft musical voice resonated.

He whirled around to see her retreating back, and hurried to follow, desperate to confirm the suspicions which had formed in his mind. She walked like a gazelle, swift yet graceful and light on foot, skipped up another flight of stairs and zeroed in on a display of shiny Gold bangles. Curious he stood back at a little and watched her interact with the attendants who were immediately at her beck and call. She started trying on various designs. He saw that she had the most delicately expressive hands. She turned slightly but enough for him to recognize her lovely face. She was his Shakuntala. Thrilled at seeing her again, wishing to establish some sort of connection he bided his time waiting for the right opportunity. She turned away and walked towards a set of long end to end mirrors and started to adjust her bright colored dupatta. As she patted her thick wavy hair her eyes met his in the mirror and when he didn't look away, she turned around obviously annoyed and directed her blazing eyes at him.

If looks could kill, He thought amused and smiled.

This seemed to incense her even more..

What's the matter, pehli baar koi ladki dekh rahe ho kya? Her hands clenching into fists.

Nahin! (laughing,) I'm just a fan. I saw you on stage yesterday and what a mind blowing performance. You are indeed a phenomenon! Congratulations! He said.

Immediately her anger vanished and was replaced with a shy pleased smile and he saw a becoming flush creeping over her cheeks as she lowered her long eyelashes.

Thank you. This was much softer, almost a whisper.

By the way, I am Shantanu, Shantanu Khandelwal! Extending his hand.

I am Khanak Joshi. Nice meeting you. She hesitantly let her hand be gripped by his and withdrew it almost right away looking flustered. I must be going; my family is waiting for me!

No, please wait; I have a proposition for you? (A wild idea suddenly striking him.)

What, what kind of proposition? She said with some fear and trepidation.

No, it isn't anything to be concerned about; I was just wondering if you'd be interested in displaying your talents on a much bigger platform. I am the owner of 'Jhankaar', a big music and dance company in Mumbai and I just came to know that our lead dancer has broken her ankle. It would be awesome if you would consider taking her place. He blurted out everything before she could rush away.

But I can't do that! This is my home, besides I don't dance modern dance! Shrugging her shoulders.

It's just for a month, that's all and I believe that a great dancer like you could dance anything if she puts her mind to it, your basics are all in place, all you need is a little practice and yours truly here can provide that for you. What say, it is something you can't refuse!

She was dumbstruck as she got caught in the full force of his charm, saying nothing as she looked at him, bemused.

Here's my card! I will wait for your answer. Please call me no matter what you decide! I will be expecting a yes!

He knew that he was taking on a big risk as he walked away, but it was going to be worth it!

~~~~~~~

Please comment๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope my Southern friends like the South Indian flavor. Thanks!!

Edited by simiv - 12 years ago
simikr thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -mesmerised-

@Bold: ๐Ÿคฃ  ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

Haha! I almost feel compelled to give you a task just to see how you'd react! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜†

Don't worry i won't, but will give you one question to answer instead...

Which of the following driving forces in humans do you feel is the most evil and why; money, power or greed?

Obviously Greed is the root  of all evil!! Money and Power are the consequences of this deadly sin!๐Ÿ˜Š