Dumbness or Lack of self-confidence - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Agree with everyone...I never said she is right in what she does. As I stated...sometimes it gets me really frustrated that she doesn't learn from her mistakes and that she is sooo naive that doesn't even realize how people make a fool of her. But my only point here was that she really isn't DUMB. The word dumb is very harsh in my opinion to describe Gopi. It isn't like she doesn't have a brain. She does! If you look at yesterday's episode, She wasn't able to talk to Ahem about general topics, but when it came to getting the phool, telling Ahem to come inside also, telling the Pandit what she is here for, telling her name, she was very confident, didn't stutter once. So, it is like her nervousness kicks in and she ends up looking like a fool. But thats not called dumb. In fact, post holi, when Koki and Hetal were trying to figure out what to make fast and quick because Rashi had put soap in the kichadi. Gopi was the only one to think fast and remember that there is left over rice. Why? because that is what she grew up with, household chores and pooja phat. She knows that the best because that was all she was allowed to do. So just imagine, had she recieved a proper education or even was allowed to go out and get street smart, what kind of person she would have turned out to be. Her being right or wrong is a totally another issue.  
I agree with what your saying after all old habits die hard also people who have been abused like Gopi begin to agree with what their abuser says and believe that they have brought it on themselves somehow. Plus if you have been trained to be a submissive like Gopi you won't be able to immediately stand up for yourself because the result you know from that will be a punishment and we all know how Gopi tries to avoid getting punished by doing what she is told
Taral wonderful analysis, and agree with you completely. Gopi needs help gaining confidence. Koki is trying to help her gain her confidence, but Koki won't be able to do it by herself. In my opinion, Ahem is the one that needs to notice what happens to her when he or anyone else yells at her, that's when she is at her worst. He is the one that needs to help her gain her confidence. I finally watched today's episode, and I noticed he was observing her when she was talking to the little boy and later when she was doing Pooja, he needs to continue to compare the different situations, and come to his own conclusions. May be then he will be able to help her with her lack of confidence.
Originally posted by sbp1971

Taral wonderful analysis, and agree with you completely. Gopi needs help gaining confidence. Koki is trying to help her gain her confidence, but Koki won't be able to do it by herself. In my opinion, Ahem is the one that needs to notice what happens to her when he or anyone else yells at her, that's when she is at her worst. He is the one that needs to help her gain her confidence. I finally watched today's episode, and I noticed he was observing her when she was talking to the little boy and later when she was doing Pooja, he needs to continue to compare the different situations, and come to his own conclusions. May be then he will be able to help her with her lack of confidence.

I agree...If Ahem helps her to gain confidence, then she will gain it much quicker then Koki can ever do. The problem here is that she has become so afraid of Ahem that she gets really nervous...If you remember, she was the same with Koki, but recently she has become more open with Koki since Koki has become more loving. But our lion will have to contain his anger and start to see Gopi's true love before any of this can happen...sighhh😕
Originally posted by taral83

I agree...If Ahem helps her to gain confidence, then she will gain it much quicker then Koki can ever do. The problem here is that she has become so afraid of Ahem that she gets really nervous...If you remember, she was the same with Koki, but recently she has become more open with Koki since Koki has become more loving. But our lion will have to contain his anger and start to see Gopi's true love before any of this can happen...sighhh😕

You are right about Koki/Gopi conversations. You notice now even though she gets scared at thinking how Koki will react, she still speaks clearly. I love their relationship now. Now she also looks to Koki first.

As for Ahem, like I said he needs to keep quiet about the phone bill for now, and observe the mother daughter duo, collect evidence and then reveal to family what they are up to, and show his support for Gopi, that could be the start of her not being so scared of him.

I know that may never happen, but it will be Ahem who is going to have to take this relationship forward, and Gopi following his lead and Koki's instructions regarding being aware of everything.