Gulaal

Was Gulaal Right?! =\

maybe-just thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Loving: Gulaal's Mum and Jamna Kaki ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 
Hating: Gulaal, Sudha, Talli etc etc! ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

Just my thought and everyone probably knows why I'm hating on Gulaal and the rest! ๐Ÿ˜†

To the topic: I was just thinking that Gulaal made a decision about Kesar and Talli ( I don't know when since I only started watching this drama when kesar entered) however she did make her mind up about getting them both married. 
But I have a big problem, if Gulaal was going to do this then why exactly did she go through with the Deyarvattu? I mean did she not think of the consequences that getting married to Kesar would have? (yes I know about the whole saving the family from harm thing but really? Gulaal couldn't find another way?)

To the point, Gulaal hasn't really thought about Kesar's feelings in all this, only Talli's feeling have been counted without even a thought about what Kesar might want or feels? Let's face it he was away for studying, she didn't even think that he'd like anyone there whilst he was away studying (not mentioning Gulaal since this bachi is a bit blind at the moment ๐Ÿ˜† dear god she doesn't see the way Kesar looks at her ๐Ÿ˜ณ They haven't even asked Kesar, nor does Kesar know about what's brewing and Gulaal just assumed things (worst mistake ever ๐Ÿ˜ณ)

So do you all think that was Gulaal right in her decision to think that Kesar-Talli should be married? And to give hope to Talli as well as Sudha? 

Now please do try and think about this from various POV's instead of just an audience, look from the perspectives of Gulaal, Kesar, Talli etc etc! I'd love to know what you all think!
๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by maybe-just - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Gulal said at the deeyavatu, that when he is older she will look for a wife for him, and her devrani - Gulaal intentions was always that and in Talli she found that even though Talli was a kid but we all saw how Talli was attach to Kesar in her own way, so Gulaal though when they are older she will get them married and so on

Gulaal doesnt mean harm or hurt anyone but like Motabha says that how things were back then they wont be the same in the future, which is now and so on...

All i can say is to understand deeyavatu and what Gulaal did and why, then is to watch the deeyavatu episode and why it happened and why at that time it was the right thing for Gulaal to do, and i still stand by her in what she did

Talli was always around Kesar, and became really good friends (and also around the family) and i think we could all see Talli being into Kesar as that, and obviously we had an inkling that this girl is def gonna fall for him as he gets older and so on and did she (even when there was no talk of him leaving for boarding school you had inkling), by herself and then partly by Gulaal's suggestion on her and Kesar being married, so she is grown up with dreams of marriage with him and so on, you know how little girls grow up and dream about marrying their prince and so on, so basically a similar effect has had on Talli

Kesar as we know, is more complex coz of what he heard 10 yrs ago and so much suppressed anger and pain in him, that no one knows or would ever dream of - so really you kinda walking on eggshells around Kesar in a way but we know that the loving Kesar is there, and that Kesar is intact - but his anger is his weakness.  All i can say is i se a heartbroken Kesar and angerness in him as well but more broken esp if he hears what Gulaal has wanted all these years and so on - if i look from Kesar's pov

Right now Gulaal is just creating situations were she thinks hopefully Kesar-Talli come together in their own way as well, and get to know each other well and like each other more and so on, that they the pushing of Kesar-Talli from her side as of now... and yes Gulaal doesnt know what Kesar feels but i think sub-consciously she knows that Kesar isnt into Talli as Talli is into him

In the end - all i see is Gulaal's world ripped apart esp when everything comes out, not only that but the truth on Vasant and D revealed and she knew and so on, because the devastation is waiting thats gonna rip into Motabha and Paanbha the most, and you know thats natural that it will, and their reaction but at the end - you do feel for Gulaal the most, coz you have seen her journey and everything she has endured and done etc
Edited by Lennie - 12 years ago
Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8
Gulaal surely isnt right abt kesar-talli and the efforts she will put together them will hurt all three of them one day. Gulaal went to deyarvattu becoz at that moment she felt she had to save kesar from being killed and also not marry dushyant her husband's killer. Now she wants that decision of hers not to harm kesar's life in any form and she wants kesar to lead his life like other guys so she wants him to get married and settle down happily instead of worrying for gulaal.She is only seeing her part to play in making kesar's life and true she isnt counting kesar's emotions in it at all just talli's. Talli will be heart broken, Kesar frustrated and Gulaal torn apart in the end.
Neil-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: maybe-just

Just my thought and everyone probably knows why I'm hating on Gulaal and the rest! ๐Ÿ˜†

To the topic: I was just thinking that Gulaal made a decision about Kesar and Talli ( I don't know when since I only started watching this drama when kesar entered) however she did make her mind up about getting them both married. 
But I have a big problem, if Gulaal was going to do this then why exactly did she go through with the Deyarvattu? I mean did she not think of the consequences that getting married to Kesar would have? (yes I know about the whole saving the family from harm thing but really? Gulaal couldn't find another way?)

To the point, Gulaal hasn't really thought about Kesar's feelings in all this, only Talli's feeling have been counted without even a thought about what Kesar might want or feels? Let's face it he was away for studying, she didn't even think that he'd like anyone there whilst he was away studying (not mentioning Gulaal since this bachi is a bit blind at the moment ๐Ÿ˜† dear god she doesn't see the way Kesar looks at her ๐Ÿ˜ณ They haven't even asked Kesar, nor does Kesar know about what's brewing and Gulaal just assumed things (worst mistake ever ๐Ÿ˜ณ)

So do you all think that was Gulaal right in her decision to think that Kesar-Talli should be married? And to give hope to Talli as well as Sudha? 

Now please do try and think about this from various POV's instead of just an audience, look from the perspectives of Gulaal, Kesar, Talli etc etc! I'd love to know what you all think!
๐Ÿ˜‰

Gulaal's decision is WRONG WRONG WRONG. I have already spoken my views out in another thread so will not go into detail. What makes it worse for me  is that Gulaal NOW even knows that Kesar has not looked at Talli from a romantic angle yet she has filled and is continuing to fill Talli's head with dreams and false promises. And you are right Gulaal has not even bothered to look at this from Kesar's POV at all.
She just assumes all the time that  because she is thinking good so everything will fall according to her plan. the only person to blame here is Gulaal. Kesar is innocent and clueless, Talli  is also is in the same boat as Kesar. Her imaginations have been fueled by only Gulaal.

WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG WHETHER IT BE GULAAL, KESAR OR TALLI or ANYONE ELSE. No question of double standards here. As regarding Deeyarvattu you can read Lennies post. I did not have a problem with her doing Deeyarvattu, there were strong reasons for it.๐Ÿ˜Š
Kasturilover thumbnail

Hi

Nopes she was not right back then and and she is not right now... No amount of glossing or theories can change that. Forget Kesar and Talli, she is not right even when it comes to Kesar's parents and her own parents...a marriage and family relations is serious matter...not a chessboard where you decide moves thinking from your perspective only...

so lets treat it as a tv story and move on ...๐Ÿ˜ณ

That is my view which I expressed a few times...athough expressing that view here attracts the comment that one is single minded, without realising that the alternative theories are also single minded๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...

So now I do what is best and sensible...I watch the serial, enjoy the acting and the chemistry between various sets of actors๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, I love the cinematography and screenplay๐Ÿ˜ณ, ...

I treat it as a TV serial, come to the forum here and have some light minded chatter with a few friends๐Ÿ˜ƒ...and move on to my life๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Kasturilover - 12 years ago
Charu_Usha thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kasturilover

Hi

Nopes she was not right back then and and she is not right now... No amount of glossing or theories can change that. Forget Kesar and Talli, she is not right even when it comes to Kesar's parents and her own parents...a marriage and family relations is serious matter...not a chessboard where you decide moves thinking from your perspective only...

so lets treat it as a tv story and move on ...๐Ÿ˜ณ

That is my view which I expressed a few times...athough expressing that view here attracts the comment that one is single minded, without realising that the alternative theories are also single minded๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†...

So now I do what is best and sensible...I watch the serial, enjoy the acting and the chemistry between various sets of actors๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘, I love the cinematography and screenplay๐Ÿ˜ณ, ...

I treat it as a TV serial, come to the forum here and have some light minded chatter with a few friends๐Ÿ˜ƒ...and move on to my life๐Ÿ˜Š

May be she was not right then, but then were others around her right!! Is it right to give a widow just two choices: get out of her husband''s house or marry your dewar you basically killed your husband.  In a society where you are allowed to live your life  the way you want it, you may consider her decision wrong, but in a society where decisions are forced upon you, I am not sure if you can really take  a rational decision. She just took the decision that seemed the best to her at the time, considering the whole situation and the way everyone was forcing her to marry Dushyant.   Since no one was behaving in the "right way" of the modern world, we can't really call her decision wrong either.
Kasturilover thumbnail
Originally posted by: Charu_Usha

May be she was not right then, but then were others around her right!! Is it right to give a widow just two choices: get out of her husband''s house or marry your dewar you basically killed your husband.  In a society where you are allowed to live your life  the way you want it, you may consider her decision wrong, but in a society where decisions are forced upon you, I am not sure if you can really take  a rational decision. She just took the decision that seemed the best to her at the time, considering the whole situation and the way everyone was forcing her to marry Dushyant.   Since no one was behaving in the "right way" of the modern world, we can't really call her decision wrong either.

You stated your view I have stated mine...fair enough

Anyways buddy, you have missed the point on the post so lets agree to disagree.  

Have a nice day!
Edited by Kasturilover - 12 years ago
maybe-just thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Kasturilover

Same here, the last serial I watched ruined my life ๐Ÿ˜† so now its just mere entertainment for moi ๐Ÿ˜†
sarahagstn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: maybe-just

๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm going to look at it from Kesar's POV because that would be closest to my POV ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
I would definitely want to have a say in who I marry. I wouldn't want to marry someone just because my wife (who I find super sexy) wants me to. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Unekalakmini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜ญAs i feel Gulaal is a person who very unselfish and she also a sacrificer... like all of lead women rolls in Indian Dramas...she loves talli and the priority of her life is unity of the family..and the promises she had made for her late husband...in other hand still she did not realized her true feelings towards Kesar...she still not have a chance to fallen in a love with him...

I do thanks for her mother to put it in her head...but if she realized that kesar belongs to her she will still go with that other promise she has given for Talli...she is in very complicated situation...we have to forgives her even her decision right or wrong...๐Ÿ˜ญ