Navya

May 11th: Things I liked - Page 5

without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Oh wow discussion much on this thread!!! 

Any one seen today's episode yet? I hear the love confession - or a version of it for fact - wasn't so outrageous after all. A friend of mine had a free hour between classes and is already done watching - she text me to say as much...

Is there still hope? 

xx
JZee

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
LOL JZ...I haven't watched the epi but here's the description I've read of the hug and Ummm I dunno if I'd call it "not that bad"...this seems to be going from bad to worse actually

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1682880?pn=4
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh that did sound debatable. :| Curious to watch, but not the good way... 

My friend's text read:

Her eyes were still annoying, but the scene actually had some saving grace dialog - which was plausible. He had some bang on sneak smiles, but there could have been more. The hug went from being sudden, and a shocker (to Navya) to just sort of getting in there... 

(I did fix her atrocious shorthand in the text to more legible stuff, but basically that.) 

Doesn't sound promising, but like I asked, is there hope?! 

ps: I feel like this show has gotten some major basics wrong. Navya has expression paralysis - seriously - like you know, one of those expression locked male leads in romantic tales who're the hard fellas too tough to be in love for far too long?! Like I dunno, Sunny Deol from Jeet...?! 

Anant on the other hand is incredible with his mood swings. Almost like he gets some male version of PMS issues regularly ...! 

Oh I want to watch this show - why can't the CVs knock some sense into the script?! *stomps foot* 
Edited by JZephyr - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Your friend has worded it nicely...maybe there was potential in the scene but from what I'm reading it was all way too awkward and contrived so it ended up looking comical more than anything...baaki let's see...I'll watch this later and post my thoughts then.

I really don't think there's much hope anymore...they've rushed this all too much in a random fashion...the precap looks quite contrived as well with Anant mouthing cheesy lines from the promo

LMAO@ Navya's expression paralysis...haha...so true.
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey guysss...
m new here...name is shilpa...ppl call me shilpu...and Ramy25 knows me well...
I have been watching the show and was loving the realistic touch to it that "WAS" there...and loved the concept of this show...and will not deny that I liked AN USP as in them bringing a breath of fresh air and newness to the show from whom audience will not have expectations as high as an experienced actor...

I come to the forum n m a silent reader of ur post nureat...and have been reading the discussions on this thread esp...From which I just wanted to say that today's epi was totally out of place...

Fine the beginning was still to the flow...but OMG...wat was that in the middle?? The convo and the hug if u might have heard looked totally abrupt...random and simply does not jell well with the flow of the story...

After seeing the hug n kiss promo...I really had thot that circumstances "DURING" the picnic might slowly elevate and build up to that point of hug n maybe a kiss ( tho i still dont agree with the kiss)...but right in the beginning itself...even b4 they have reached the picnic venue...things happen???? doesnt make any sense...

Ok fine...I'll be easy on the writers and say...fine...navya not going with the rest of the crowd despite boarding the bus only for Anant did intrigue Anant and thus he questioned Navya on that...But knowing Navya's character...who takes almost half a epi to walk to her dad to ask permission for picnic...is all ready blurting out her true emotions to Anant...My question...since when did she become sooo comfortable with Anant that she is all ready to speak to him about her feelings???? Thats a lill too much coming from Navya's character...I think till now...she was just "trying" to get comfortable with him...

And then Anant maharaj's reaction to her blurted out feelings...THAT WAS A SHOCKER!!!...I mean...atleast there shud have been a lapse shown to make this patch work look a lill smooth in which he takes time to digest wat she said...
I just cannot seem to digest the entire convo and the hug today!!!!!...😒
Edited by sajni786 - 12 years ago
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Shilpooo!🤗 So good to see ya!

I agree it was ok till the part where Anant asks her the reason for staying back...i mean anyone would have wanted to know. Why did she stay back when his best friend from middle school aka Ranbeer drove away.
It was actually the HUG and confession that was totally misplaced and unwanted. There was no need to show that. Navya had just confessed to the fact that she "liked" being with him...I couldn't sense any "love" sorta thing in it. She is a super shy girl who always talks in a uber scared way. Anant's reaction was totally weird and out of character. How the heck did he come to the conclusion that it was okay to breach the boundary and go and hug this girl who up till now was just a "special" friend. If someone did that in reality, then it considered CREEPY...there's a boundary in every relationship and HUG definitely comes way later  when they have realized their feelings and are comfortable being intimate ...AND especially for personalities such as Anant and Navya.  

Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago
Thaniyah_K thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi, i've been a silent reader of this forum since this programme started, don't you guys think the cv's have a major twist under their sleeve to bring out a super-sonic confession???
I'm sure it's not going to be a smooth ride for either Anant or Navya!! Nevertheless I am enjoying the show ðŸ˜Š
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Amyyy...true that...

I understand that CVs main concentration in the show is on the after-shocks of Anant-navya love bloom...but that does not mean that they make the actual earthquake aka AN love story so cheap n baselessly rushed!!!...

Fine they are wanting to speed up the story to bring to a high point drama...but atleast make the transition smooth...and give the beginnning story a good foundation so that when the high drama point comes...audience keeps glued to the screen n not fall off...right now...I will not mind if CSB kicks Anant's butt and Navya's mom n dad pull navya's hair out with the way they just jumped into the pool called "love"...😆
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: asmmik

Hi, i've been a silent reader of this forum since this programme started, don't you guys think the cv's have a major twist under their sleeve to bring out a super-sonic confession???

I'm sure it's not going to be a smooth ride for either Anant or Navya!! Nevertheless I am enjoying the show ðŸ˜Š

Hey...welcome to the forum :-)

I think the only "twist" they could add in all this now is either Navya or Anant backing off from each other cuz of their families...but frankly that's all predicatable...the USP of the show was the nice build up they were giving to AN's interactions and how gradually they were dealing with these new feelings they'd never experienced before...and now boom! It's all gone in the supersonic nonsensical speed of this "confession"...

Plus the lead characters seem to be lacking chemistry in romantic scenes of this sort...ek toh the scenes are rushed, upar se they look even more awkward cuz of the stilted acting/chemistry b/w the actors...
AreYaar thumbnail
@Sajni: Hi! Thanks for adding in your thoughts about today's epi...I'm yet to watch it but it does seem that things are down the drain with all the rush...

Like you said, sadly they have squandered the crucial opportunity to give a good build up/base the high point of the show...IMO there were going to be two major high points in this show...AN eventually realizing what they feel for each other and then telling each other and the second one being the families discovering about them and the drama thereafter...but looks like the creatives haven't planned how to build up to the drama high points...they are just in a rush to gain the "romantic" audience.