May 11th: Things I liked - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by tinatksa

Hey, I'm kinda new to this but I keep reading your "Things I like" segment. It's like, an addiction for me to read the wonderful analysis by you. It keeps my eyes glued to the screen. πŸ˜†
And yup, I pretty much agree with you about Renuka. Did you see the instant relief she had when her dad permitted Harsh and Navya BOTH for there respective Coaching and Picnic? But she did have tears and expressions like, "I wish I was that lucky too". Yeah, pretty HUMANE!
About Anant, yes, that comment was pretty random, but said in a cute way.
I also liked his comment on Rama Bhabhi, 'Juhi Chawla'. LOL
Seemed like he was rejoicing the fact, what he called her just then. :D

Hey thanks :-) Welcome to the forum :-)

Yes, I too noted that expression on Renuka's face...I don't think she begrudges anything from Navya...she's just got a brusque manner of saying things.

Originally posted by slmu

Lovely analysis.

Agree, it was a nicer episode. Felt sorry for Renuka too. If Gautam turns bad as well, she is going to have a tough time.  I love dadi, so much better than CSB (Center Shock Baba).  The only problem is that they are all going to be really disillusioned when they find out about Anant. I feel they will not get over it so easily as they trust Navya soo much.

I quite liked the devar-bhabhi scene as well.

With the precap they are already leaving. What happened to Appy's problem???

Seriously??πŸ˜†πŸ˜†  I found it to be a contrived scene... with Rama's slimy attempts to be all "Debar ji, Debar ji"...and Anant is quite dumb around her honestly...what was the need to mention Navya? I do wonder about this guy's intelligence sometimes...πŸ˜†

Re: Navya's family...yes the Anant factor in Navya's life will deffo disillusion them in a sense after all this trust and faith they've shown in her and turns out she kinda lied and all...they will deffo be quite hurt...family drama hoga.

I also feel sorry for Renuka when she'll find out about Gautam...ek toh poor girl got married off at such a young age and now a young mother not getting any support from her husband...sad.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by CeruleanSky

Yesterday's episode wasn't worth even commenting upon 'Nu πŸ€—  As always, I agree with everything you've said, and then some more :P The highlight of the epi for me was definitely the Dad-Dadi scene...lovely I thought :) Loved how he laid bare to her his concerns about whether he's doing right by his children or not...everyone has moments of self-doubt, and here he knows very well that what worked in his day and his mother's day, the parenting methods they used back then will obviously not be applicable now...because of the change in cities , the change in time...it makes you realise that he ( and Meeta ) are tuned in to generational changes...and that they realise that they must give some amount of freedom to their children...unlike Anant's dad and babajeee who're evidently totally disconnected from the realities of life :-/ 

"Picnic jaise wahiyat tamashe mein..." I mean, REALLY ?! I think they didn't show HOW exactly babajeee gave Anant permission to go because they couldn't think of any sensible, reasonable way to do so :/ REFUSING permission would have been more in character with the prize jerks that are Anant's family members :-/ But of course , story ke purposes ke liye [ read : hide and seek πŸ€’ ] they HAD to let him go to the picnic as well :P

I'm also grateful for the glimpse they provided into Renuka's  upbringing...and how they showed that he doesn't want the same thing to happen with Navya, he realises how difficult it must be to have such a lot of responsibilities thrust upon her at such a young age...married just out of college and everything...but you know, the whole first-child thing, it is VERY true...my mum tells me that herself...that she and dad made some mistakes while bringing my sister up and that they didn't repeat those with me because they had more experience...my dad used to be slightly stricter with her as well :P While he allowed me to pretty much sit on him (literally and metaphorically :P :P ) since the day I was born :P And she's understandably testy now...must have concerns about her daughter and whether she's up to the task of mothering her...her marriage is obviously going through a tenuous phase...and she's worried about "Anant" as well...I don't applaud her, but I understand the why and how of what she's doing at least...its natural to feel a little resentful :S

And I'm very thankful they showed how Deepak is concerned about his children today...I mean, I remember, FIRST promo mein they'd shown that they say something like, "when we should be parents, and when friends, these are the questions which disturb you as well, don't they ?" So I'm happy the haven't entirely forgotten the nayi dhadkan , naye sawaal premise...and it was evident that Harsh's disappointment was making him unhappy as well , and he finally resolved that today :)

edit :

I watched that promo...and Bekaboo DOES sound so awesome ! :( WHY , do they not play it ? This is the FIRST time they've played it to actual scenes ( not that I think much of the scenes in question) ... they should've played it by now...Anant toh, well, bumblebee mode mein hai hi toh aisa bhi nahi hai ki it wouldnt be fitting :P

Oye you decided to reply today?πŸ˜²πŸ˜†  Dhanya bhaag humaareπŸ˜›

@bold: Totally agree...very well described, SP :-)

LOL@ them not showing HOW CSB gave permission cuz the very premise of his refusal only was so retardedπŸ˜†  But jokes apart...I do feel that scene b/w him and Anant yesterday was good...charged...and then today when in this epi they didn't even give a proper closure to that scene, I feel it broke the flow of some thingsπŸ˜•

Re: the first child theory...haha spoken like a true younger sibling :P...I guess it was the same for my parents too although I probably don't know how that feels since I'm the first born and they pretty much never restricted me for anything...also cuz mostly I've been too LAZY and haven't HAD many things I've even asked for and realllyyy had to beg permission forπŸ˜†...my sister is a total spoilt brat though...spoilt by everyone including me I think :P...so I guess I can see that slight shift that does happen with the younger child...you go easy on some ways since you "practice" on the first childπŸ˜†

Yeah for the first time in many epis that I can recall watching of this show, they actually touched on the theme of the show yesterday...shockerπŸ˜†...I'd also thought ke bhool hi gaye honge...but they dealt with it very nicely yesterday...I find Navya's dad to just be so realistically cast...he REALLY seems like an average dad of today...I'm sure he has some traits that remind everyone of their fathers.

Re: The promo...haha yeah Bekaboo sounds so awesome but quite sad that they never play it in the show since it perfectly suits Anant's hyperness these days anyways :P
Haan kabhi kabhi hum darshan de diya karte hai *smug, SUPERIOR muh* 

Nooo AP...I really liked yesterday's episode...didn't like the last few ones much so wasn't 'inspired' enough to comment on/analyse it :P Waise , I'll tell you, SINCERELY I might add, that reading your posts makes the mundane-st of scenes in the episode worth it...like the great century-spanning road crossing scene ? I got annoyed by the scene while it was going on , but after I read your post, and that BRILLIANT interpretation of yours, I liked it :)) Aur kal ka toh I didn't watch it entirely...so I haven't watched the Anant-Babajee scene you're talking about either...should I ? 
Yesterday's Episode made sense to an extent.I shall keep it simple.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
LOVED all the scenes between Navya's sane family.
I was obviously not looking forward to see Anant's Adams family ...so no regrets whatsoever for not having them in the episode! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†The Gulps and Stares make me uncomfortable.🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣.They really do. *Takes a dart and aims at Center shock baba's inviting eyeballs.*πŸ₯±

*Edit
Oh I forgot to compliment you on your post.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†(IF, that's essentialπŸ˜†πŸ˜†)
Needless to say, I loved your postπŸ˜†

Edited by Awesome.Sauce - 12 years ago
Originally posted by madhu_sridhar

.Another line of Deepak's that i loved was this..." hum inko hasthe khelte dekhne ke liye hi itni mehnat karte hai"...that was a brilliant reflection of every parents' thoughts. Inspite of all the differences, at the end of the day, every parent wishes for their children's happiness.Totally agree! That's a line that truly reflects the feelings of every parent...ultimately they just want their children's happiness :-)

Today's epi totally reiterates the attributes of a good family.No one dominates the Mishra parivaar in particular. Its all about 'give and take' in this family. Well said...exactly the Mishra family personifies what a good and REAL family is like...good not in a picture perfect way...but good in the way there is give and take like you said...everyone does their part :-)

Originally posted by CeruleanSky

Haan kabhi kabhi hum darshan de diya karte hai *smug, SUPERIOR muh* 

Nooo AP...I really liked yesterday's episode...didn't like the last few ones much so wasn't 'inspired' enough to comment on/analyse it :P Waise , I'll tell you, SINCERELY I might add, that reading your posts makes the mundane-st of scenes in the episode worth it...like the great century-spanning road crossing scene ? I got annoyed by the scene while it was going on , but after I read your post, and that BRILLIANT interpretation of yours, I liked it :)) Aur kal ka toh I didn't watch it entirely...so I haven't watched the Anant-Babajee scene you're talking about either...should I ? 

LOL oye SUPERIOR pe sirf ANGELIC being ka copyright hai, don't you know?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Honestly SP, I don't really try to make the scenes sound better...it's just me rambling on (incoherently many times, if I may add)...lol...and honestly even I haven't been WOWED by anything in many epis...but I find some random stuff to blab about I guess...whether "like" wise or venting wise :P...I'm considering stopping this now though cuz I think I'm going to run out of that little motivation soon too seeing where this is now heading *coughs*πŸ˜†

Re: Anant-Babaji scene...yeah I do think it's worth a watch to see that interplay b/w them cuz of the way Anant stands up to him and gives him that reasoning...honestly the ONLY worth watching moment of that entire longgg drawn out scene otherwiseπŸ˜†
Originally posted by Awesome.Sauce

Yesterday's Episode made sense to an extent.I shall keep it simple.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
LOVED all the scenes between Navya's sane family.
I was obviously not looking forward to see Anant's Adams family ...so no regrets whatsoever for not having them in the episode! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†The Gulps and Stares make me uncomfortable.🀣.They really do. *Takes a dart and aims at Center shock baba's inviting eyeballs.*πŸ₯±

*Edit
Oh I forgot to compliment you on your post.πŸ˜†(IF, that's essentialπŸ˜†πŸ˜†)
Needless to say, I loved your postπŸ˜†

LOL thanks, Neha...no it wasn't essential waiseπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

And this is just phor you...take aim alll you wantπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

@Anu: WOHOAAA easy on my eyes dudet!🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣Thankyou for the vivid visuals though. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Originally posted by nureat01

A better epi than yesterday...thanks largely in part to the focus on Navya's family...the only relatable family in this show :-) Another amazing analysis of the episode that i completely agreed with, Anu πŸ˜Š 
3) The Anant-Navya convo: I liked the convo too Nice enough although I found his comment about her badi badi aankhon mein aansoo kinda randomπŸ˜•πŸ˜†..."ahahahahaha"πŸ˜† very true - it didn't reli have the effect that his previous compliment about Navya's smile had lool...significant line..."toh finally ab hum dono jaa rahe hain"...baaki sabko bhool gaya Anant?? yup i picked up on that too - he didnt seem to acknowledge the fact that their whole group of friends would be there too and not just the two of them lool πŸ˜† Whatever happened to his "friends ke liye picnic chalo" excuse?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†...Jokes apart...the latter half was better after Navya explains to him why she can't go...the way he instantly first cajoles her to manaao her daadi but then quiets down as he listens to how grave the situation has become at her home...yeah he seemed a lot more understanding and attentive πŸ˜Š
And yeah I would have liked to see HOW Center Shock Baba gave permission to AnantπŸ˜†...again a  scene they randomly decided to leave to the audience's imagination?πŸ˜•πŸ˜• Their narrative style is kinda patchy I must say. Yup i agree with that i liked Anant's little dance and cheer in excitement of getting permission but was kinda waiting for the scene and actually went back to see if i missed out a clip loool didnt reli show the effect of his marvellous speech lol

Just a few other things I thought:
-Anant reeelii needs to be more careful about exactly what he says to his bhabhi about Navya πŸ˜•
- I liked the lil glimpse of Anant's phone convo with Ranbeer - "Ranbeeer - main aa raha hoo" πŸ˜ƒ
- I liked the lil supportive side of Harsh that they showed towards Navya
- I felt bad for Renuka seeing as you can see now what she had to go through, like Anant's brother, and the sad look in her eyes when both Harsh & Navya got what they wanted so i can see why she sometimes might act the ways she does towards Navya

All in all, a better episode than yesterdays...but gotta say Anu - your 'Things I liked' posts are relii interesting and I always eagerly wait to read them everyday - well done πŸ˜Š
Edited by Ruxana91 - 12 years ago