Navya

May 11th: Things I liked

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
A better epi than yesterday...thanks largely in part to the focus on Navya's family...the only relatable family in this show :-)

1) Loved the scene b/w Navya's dad and Daadi: Such an adorable and touching scene honestly...especially the little touches like the Daadi being grumpy and him handing her the pen...such natural chemistry b/w them...they actually seemed believable as mother and son...especially when she said stuff like I know your antics since childhood and how you come and sit quietly in front of me when you want something...lol...and her modified line..."MAA khoob samjhe"...awww๐Ÿ˜†...

And such a REAL scene I feel...the doubts that parents face...those moments of self-doubt...am I being too strict? Am I being giving them too much leeway?? Makes you think what a difficult job parenting really is...the way Navya's dad mused out loud about how he feels he's made some mistakes with Renuka being the first child...maybe he put too many restrictions on her and never let her LIVE her life fully...and now she's a mother at such a young age...his anxiety as a parent...wondering about his mistakes...and his trust in Navya...the way he explained that to Daadi...honestly superb scene...really loved it.

2) The ending scene b/w Daadi and Navya: LOL I think I'm becoming a major Daadi fan๐Ÿ˜†...the actress portrays her SO naturally...and just the right touches of the knowing looks she gives, the sly taunts sometimes, the rigid conservatism, yet willing to bend her rules sometimes as well as she did in this scene SO cutely๐Ÿ˜†

One note in this scene though...Soumya should watch out for how much she keeps moving her eyes around in a scene to apparently show she's "thinking"...it looks odd...but she otherwise looked very sweet when she breaks into a huge grin and hugs Daadi

3) The Anant-Navya convo: Nice enough although I found his comment about her badi badi aankhon mein aansoo kinda random๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†..."ahahahahaha"๐Ÿ˜†...significant line..."toh finally ab hum dono jaa rahe hain"...baaki sabko bhool gaya Anant?? Whatever happened to his "friends ke liye picnic chalo" excuse?๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†...Jokes apart...the latter half was better after Navya explains to him why she can't go...the way he instantly first cajoles her to manaao her daadi but then quiets down as he listens to how grave the situation has become at her home...

On a side note: I see a lot of comments in the forum today about ppl saying they hate Renuka...I don't get where this is coming from...why HATE on her?? Renuka seems like a human character to me...she's on the bitter side yes but look at the INSIGHT we got into her character today...the first born child who was largely restricted from doing most things while growing up...wasn't allowed to go out much or something and then married off at a young age...and now she's a mother at 22!...such a young age when she's hardly fully matured herself and she's become a mother...let's atleast try to understand where she is coming from...her only grouse today was that there was drama in the house...she is otherwise a supporting and very protective sister to Navya...I don't find her brusque manner to be reason enough to HATE her๐Ÿ˜•

And yeah I would have liked to see HOW Center Shock Baba gave permission to Anant๐Ÿ˜†...again a  scene they randomly decided to leave to the audience's imagination?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• Their narrative style is kinda patchy I must say.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tinatksa thumbnail
Hey, I'm kinda new to this but I keep reading your "Things I like" segment. It's like, an addiction for me to read the wonderful analysis by you. It keeps my eyes glued to the screen. ๐Ÿ˜†
And yup, I pretty much agree with you about Renuka. Did you see the instant relief she had when her dad permitted Harsh and Navya BOTH for there respective Coaching and Picnic? But she did have tears and expressions like, "I wish I was that lucky too". Yeah, pretty HUMANE!
About Anant, yes, that comment was pretty random, but said in a cute way.
I also liked his comment on Rama Bhabhi, 'Juhi Chawla'. LOL
Seemed like he was rejoicing the fact, what he called her just then. :D
Mazzy111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
yeah out of all the scenes, i loved annant and navya's scene the most, i was kinda dissapointed they nvr showed much of them together! bt still i cnt wait to see them hug!๐Ÿ˜ณ thyr making us wait a long time!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜†
Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: nureat01

A better epi than yesterday...thanks largely in part to the focus on Navya's family...the only relatable family in this show :-)

1) Loved the scene b/w Navya's dad and Daadi: Such an adorable and touching scene honestly...especially the little touches like the Daadi being grumpy and him handing her the pen...such natural chemistry b/w them...they actually seemed believable as mother and son...especially when she said stuff like I know your antics since childhood and how you come and sit quietly in front of me when you want something...lol...and her modified line..."MAA khoob samjhe"...awww๐Ÿ˜†...

And such a REAL scene I feel...the doubts that parents face...those moments of self-doubt...am I being too strict? Am I being giving them too much leeway?? Makes you think what a difficult job parenting really is...the way Navya's dad mused out loud about how he feels he's made some mistakes with Renuka being the first child...maybe he put too many restrictions on her and never let her LIVE her life fully...and now she's a mother at such a young age...his anxiety as a parent...wondering about his mistakes...and his trust in Navya...the way he explained that to Daadi...honestly superb scene...really loved it. 

-True Navya's family really cares for Navya a lot...Daadi and Navya have def funny convos...daadi may be strict but still love her for who she is...poor renuka had to be a mom at a young age...i like how navya's parents tries to defend navya from daadi

2) The ending scene b/w Daadi and Navya: LOL I think I'm becoming a major Daadi fan๐Ÿ˜†...the actress portrays her SO naturally...and just the right touches of the knowing looks she gives, the sly taunts sometimes, the rigid conservatism, yet willing to bend her rules sometimes as well as she did in this scene SO cutely๐Ÿ˜†

One note in this scene though...Soumya should watch out for how much she keeps moving her eyes around in a scene to apparently show she's "thinking"...it looks odd...but she otherwise looked very sweet when she breaks into a huge grin and hugs Daadi

-Again daadi is one of the best characters to handle...love her convos with navya; agree with the fact that soumya moves her eyes a lot...but i guess its required per scene cuz obv she's in love so she gets confused and all that

3) The Anant-Navya convo: Nice enough although I found his comment about her badi badi aankhon mein aansoo kinda random๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†..."ahahahahaha"๐Ÿ˜†...significant line..."toh finally ab hum dono jaa rahe hain"...baaki sabko bhool gaya Anant?? Whatever happened to his "friends ke liye picnic chalo" excuse?๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†...Jokes apart...the latter half was better after Navya explains to him why she can't go...the way he instantly first cajoles her to manaao her daadi but then quiets down as he listens to how grave the situation has become at her home...

On a side note: I see a lot of comments in the forum today about ppl saying they hate Renuka...I don't get where this is coming from...why HATE on her?? Renuka seems like a human character to me...she's on the bitter side yes but look at the INSIGHT we got into her character today...the first born child who was largely restricted from doing most things while growing up...wasn't allowed to go out much or something and then married off at a young age...and now she's a mother at 22!...such a young age when she's hardly fully matured herself and she's become a mother...let's atleast try to understand where she is coming from...her only grouse today was that there was drama in the house...she is otherwise a supporting and very protective sister to Navya...I don't find her brusque manner to be reason enough to HATE her๐Ÿ˜•

And yeah I would have liked to see HOW Center Shock Baba gave permission to Anant๐Ÿ˜†...again a  scene they randomly decided to leave to the audience's imagination?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• Their narrative style is kinda patchy I must say.

-True anant does get random @ his dialogs some times but i love his expressions when he talks with navya...i agree with the part that renuka is a human character and all that...it was the circumstances that made her behave this way...otherwise she wouldve been like navya to receive college ed...

Locked by Browser Lock.
Edited by _Meena_ - 12 years ago
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely analysis.

Agree, it was a nicer episode. Felt sorry for Renuka too. If Gautam turns bad as well, she is going to have a tough time.  I love dadi, so much better than CSB (Center Shock Baba).  The only problem is that they are all going to be really disillusioned when they find out about Anant. I feel they will not get over it so easily as they trust Navya soo much.

I quite liked the devar-bhabhi scene as well.

With the precap they are already leaving. What happened to Appy's problem???
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Anu :))

lovelyy analysis and i lovedd everything you put in esp abt Renuka..yes'day wen i watching the epi and suddenly Navya's dad opens his heart abt Renuka i actually felt bad for her..absolutely correct abt her also..wonder why i found her strange when she scolded Navya for having a affair just for asking picnic permission

i really lovedd Navya's dad-dadi scene..it was moree matured and nicee..very well written and potrayed by the actors also..

the other parts which i lovedd were
1)Navya's dad interaction wid her..it was really sweet and somewhere i felt a connection which me-my dad have.dere for a while i felt how a family will react if the kid whom dey raised wid so much trust,love,confidence chose a guy whom she met recently and started having feelings and forget a  family like dis..not dat Navya will do or doesnt but just a doubt rised on my mind..i can be wrong also

2)Navya's mother silent gestures wid her dad and Navya also..

3)Anant happily telling Ranbeer "mein aa raha hoon" loll

4)Rama's QSQT lolll
Abirami24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i love navya's dad nd mom very much...
pluviophile. thumbnail
Locked by Browser Lock.

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yesterday's episode wasn't worth even commenting upon 'Nu ๐Ÿค—  As always, I agree with everything you've said, and then some more :P The highlight of the epi for me was definitely the Dad-Dadi scene...lovely I thought :) Loved how he laid bare to her his concerns about whether he's doing right by his children or not...everyone has moments of self-doubt, and here he knows very well that what worked in his day and his mother's day, the parenting methods they used back then will obviously not be applicable now...because of the change in cities , the change in time...it makes you realise that he ( and Meeta ) are tuned in to generational changes...and that they realise that they must give some amount of freedom to their children...unlike Anant's dad and babajeee who're evidently totally disconnected from the realities of life :-/ 

"Picnic jaise wahiyat tamashe mein..." I mean, REALLY ?! I think they didn't show HOW exactly babajeee gave Anant permission to go because they couldn't think of any sensible, reasonable way to do so :/ REFUSING permission would have been more in character with the prize jerks that are Anant's family members :-/ But of course , story ke purposes ke liye [ read : hide and seek ๐Ÿคข ] they HAD to let him go to the picnic as well :P

I'm also grateful for the glimpse they provided into Renuka's  upbringing...and how they showed that he doesn't want the same thing to happen with Navya, he realises how difficult it must be to have such a lot of responsibilities thrust upon her at such a young age...married just out of college and everything...but you know, the whole first-child thing, it is VERY true...my mum tells me that herself...that she and dad made some mistakes while bringing my sister up and that they didn't repeat those with me because they had more experience...my dad used to be slightly stricter with her as well :P While he allowed me to pretty much sit on him (literally and metaphorically :P :P ) since the day I was born :P And she's understandably testy now...must have concerns about her daughter and whether she's up to the task of mothering her...her marriage is obviously going through a tenuous phase...and she's worried about "Anant" as well...I don't applaud her, but I understand the why and how of what she's doing at least...its natural to feel a little resentful :S

And I'm very thankful they showed how Deepak is concerned about his children today...I mean, I remember, FIRST promo mein they'd shown that they say something like, "when we should be parents, and when friends, these are the questions which disturb you as well, don't they ?" So I'm happy the haven't entirely forgotten the nayi dhadkan , naye sawaal premise...and it was evident that Harsh's disappointment was making him unhappy as well , and he finally resolved that today :)

edit :

I watched that promo...and Bekaboo DOES sound so awesome ! :( WHY , do they not play it ? This is the FIRST time they've played it to actual scenes ( not that I think much of the scenes in question) ... they should've played it by now...Anant toh, well, bumblebee mode mein hai hi toh aisa bhi nahi hai ki it wouldnt be fitting :P
Edited by CeruleanSky - 12 years ago
madhu_sridhar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ah...finally i could reply to ur post again and as usual ur post was succinct Anu๐Ÿ˜Š...very well written...
First of all, i'm pretty glad that the creatives dint get carried away with the love story ( which was full on and moving at a rather breakneck speed for the past few epis)...and yesterday's epi truly lived up to the tagline of the show- 'naye dhadkan, naye sawaal'.

Usually scenes involving families tend to go OTT  in the shows...but it was nice here-simple n subtle.Some of the lines were superbly written yesterday...like when Deepak said " kuch maheeno ke liye samosa aur rasmalai bandh".That was a very respectful way of saying that he somehow has to compensate for letting Harsh and Navya get what they want.Another line of Deepak's that i loved was this..." hum inko hasthe khelte dekhne ke liye hi itni mehnat karte hai"...that was a brilliant reflection of every parents' thoughts. Inspite of all the differences, at the end of the day, every parent wishes for their children's happiness.

Deepak-Dadi convo was like a whiff of fresh air for me. Both of them had their own set of issues and u could see that ,to them their opinion mattered.When Dadi asked Deepak to come out with whatever that is bothering him, i was like " wow...this Dadi is not bad at all...she is willing to hear what her son has to say". Deepak was not trying to thrust his opinion on Dadi...rather he was trying to make her see some sense in his talks and you could definitely see a gradual change in Dadi's expressions. He is not the workaholic middle class dad who leaves his wife to deal with familial matters all alone. He knows what he did with Renuka and u can tell he kinda regrets it. Talking about Renuka, well i find it hard to go against her. Its not easy for her to resign to her fate. What with the added responsibility of being a mother at such a young age, the frustration levels do hit a peak.

Finally the Dadi-Navya convo. Now this one really had me smiling. The way Dadi's tone changed from pure taunt to one with full love and affection...man...the transition was fantastic. Again a nice line here- "bachchon ki khushi mein badon ki khushi". 

Today's epi totally reiterates the attributes of a good family.No one dominates the Mishra parivaar in particular. Its all about 'give and take' in this family. For the first time probably, i watched a scene 'that did not feature Anant and Navya', more than once.

Edited by madhu_sridhar - 12 years ago