Posted: 12 years ago
Lol no, no Simran. Go on ji. I appreciate all the advice I'm getting from everyone. I do volunteer at the local hospitals every year and get the oppurtunity to interact with patients all day. If I'm lucky, then I get to shadow some doctors, which in my opinion, is the BEST part! Along with that, 3 times a week I work with elementary school children with learning disabilities and that is something I thoroughly enjoy. I do hope to continue these during the summer as well. Will keep the holistic camps thing in mind though. 
Andd, I'm in my first year of college and plan on going to med school. 

Zainab...I agree about unpaid internships! My brother complained about the same thing. That's some unprofessionalism right there. 
At this point, I just hope to continue with my hospital volunteering and working with elementary students until it's summer vacation for them. SIghh, I just LOVE being surrounded by children and I reallly love interacting with doctors/nurses and the patients. You get to learn so much from everyone, every experience. 

Anyway, who's ever been to Montreal? Any recommended sightseeing locations? I'm going there in about a week for a wedding with my parents. Since we'll have some days free in between all the festivities, might as well explore the place. The last time I went to Montreal was when I was 7 years old and I don't even remember much about it now, except that we visited this reallly beautiful church. ðŸ¤” I'm just glad that two of my best friends are going to be attending the wedding as well with their families or else I'd get lonely. As it is, I won't know anyone there. My parents have known the families of the bride and groom all their lives. Plus, my brother is in Spain with his friends and my sister still has school...so who's left? ME. ðŸ˜† 
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
Lol Zainab I get a lot of panic attacks nowadays ji. My room is a total mess. I have made these notes, bought like over a 100 darts...posters of the nervous system and reproduction system. Trying to study in a way that won't drone on lol.

Wow Shabnam...you are productive...aaj kal ke bachche grow up so fast lol. It feels like saadiya since my first year in uni ji. If you ever get the chance, try sitting on a board of mental health committees etc...wonderful on resumes. In Canada, if you have enough volunteering experience, by 3rd year undergrad you can ji. Shadowing is amazing, if and only if, you get a good doctor. I'm shadowing an amazing doctor, and she's letting me be part of a pregnancy...it is such a wonderful experience ji.

All the best for med school. I think you are in USA, so I probably won't be a lot of help lol. But I do know, that the letter you write with everything you hand is extremely important in both countries!

I'm out ji. I'll try to come in b/w exams to say hi, but ki pata.  Hope you guys have fun, and all the best to everyone who has exams! (if you are the evil ones, and are enjoying while i suffer...enjoy your break bachcha log!)
Hello ladies. Ki haal chaal hai?

I'm going for my 1st Zumba class today, any one has been before? What is it like?
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Hello ladies. Ki haal chaal hai?

I'm going for my 1st Zumba class today, any one has been before? What is it like?
HI Prags🤗 I keep missing your post each day by a few mins.
Glad to read you had a great time in India. How are you adjusting to getting back ? I have a hard 2 weeks getting back here  - especially doing all the gharelu work like cooking and cleaning😆
I have taken a few zumba classes at our gym it was a lot of fun. I went with some GFs so we were giggling away to glory about how unfit and inflexible we were. We had a Puerto rican 21 year old as instructor and she had an awesome bod . So she looked great when she did it as for the rest of us we tried 😆 But have to say it didnt really feel like excersing it was really fun and the muscles did ache later so we did get a good work out.
Hey Rosh...🤗

I'm good. More than house work, work at office was crazy, absolutely crazy. even yesterday I was working on my emails til 11.30 in the night. But its all good.

How are the kids doing?

I'm going to zumba class with a close GF... should hopefully be fun.
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Hey Rosh...🤗

I'm good. More than house work, work at office was crazy, absolutely crazy. even yesterday I was working on my emails til 11.30 in the night. But its all good.

How are the kids doing?

I'm going to zumba class with a close GF... should hopefully be fun.
oh yeah work too but I find that more bearable now compared to taking care of the family. In India I forget about them  - the grand parents and extended family whisk them away. 😆
Do you get back some goodies from India ? I get back a few things and stock up the freezer like kayi holige which we dont get here and I suck at making it . It does amazingly well in the freezer.
The kids are fine just waiting for their summer break next month. Our pool opens next week so they are waiting for that as well.
Have fun at your class. Ttyl
Logic time:

Premise A: Humans are animals.
Premise B: Florida banned having sex with any animal. Conclusion: it is illegal to have sex in FL
where is Masand Column of this week???!!! 😕
Tere Pichey Ghumde ne Jede Bade Ghaint nee... Ghaint Nee... Chadd ke ge jo hathi... Saale Saare Dene Phaint nee... :D

Hor kisey diyaan je tu La baithi Mehnidaan... Mehndiaan... Shareyaam Chaunk ichh Dhauna vekhi lendiaan... ;)

Wait kar thodi tere piyo nu mana laange... manneya na je daddy... teinu uddan hi chukaalange :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xhSwoMv2mY[/YOUTUBE]

🥳
this is nice sam!