April2007 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
After watching Mona's joint family in which she is afraid to be in her own house, I think joint family is curse.

The only way joint family can operate is if everybody has their own space, privacy and freedom., freedom to come and go, freedom to eat their favourite food, practice their religion in short treated like an adult and not be walking on egg shells. In Gujju joint family the DIL would have heart problem by the time she is 50 years old..the stress and abuses are out of the world.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SejN thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
lol :P i like the way u examined this lol and i think that any DIL in any family will have Heart problems if the family is soo demanding and so controlling :( not just guju families lol... even thought i think the image of guju family is very badly shown in this show hehehehehe.. but then again there are some typical guju families that are like that i no a few lol 
newpath thumbnail

Every family has their own way of doing things, and each daughter-in-law has to uphold some of the values, and add her traditions.  But I agree, where there is such bullying by the in-laws they can really make their Bahu Sick from all the stress.  However, on the same note, I think that some Bahus have it easy (I know bec this is soo true in my extended family), where the Bechaari Saas's are actually afraid of what their sons or the in-laws will think, ends up doing all the work and the Bahus sit around and watch these "serials".  I honestly would like to be the cruel nanand at that point...and say something, but I can't pull a HETAL for the life of me...

So in a joint family, true balance is necessary.