Pavitra Rishta

TOI: I am taking fitness seriously now-Sushant

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I'm taking fitness seriously now: Sushant

TNN | May 12, 2011, 12.00am IST

Television actor Sushant Singh Rajput shares his newfound fitness fundas 

My Exercise Regime 
My exercise regime is a mix of gymming, marital arts, sports, etc. Four days a week, I do gymming, four days marital arts, once a week I normally play lawn tennis and once a week I horseride. My morning starts with some form of exercise and I give two hours — from 5:30 to 7:30 am to my personal 
fitness. 

Marital arts and lawn tennis is what I love to do, while gymming is what I have to do. I have just begun learning horse riding and I am enjoying it. My trainer wants me to get a black belt by November or December in a very rare form of marital arts — Win Phun Kung Fu. This mix of all different forms of exercise and sports, works well as it is a good balance of things I love to do and things I have to do to remain fit. 

My Diet 
It has only been a few weeks since I have gotten seriously into fitness and since then my diet has become very boring! One of the most important aspects of my life was food! I used to start my mornings with parathas of all kinds — aloo, gobi, etc and that too with homemade butter. My dinners comprised chicken and rice. Now, I have to eat all the boring but good things such as sprouts, boiled vegetables, etc. I also have a lot of protein shakes. I am currently avoiding fried food and sweets. 

My problem areas 
I was negligent due to my hectic shooting schedules and I guess, Manav, my character in the serial Pavitra Rishta, was supposed to be a guy next door who didn't necessarily need to have the most fit body. However, I have now started taking care of my personal fitness. My belly is probably my biggest problem area and I am trying to kill and squash it. In marital arts, your core needs to be tough and thus my trainer has attacked my tummy first! 

My Strengths 
Being a dancer, I believe that my strengths are my quadriceps (front thigh muscle) and hamstrings (muscle that borders the space behind the knee). I have been blessed with strong leg muscles and dancing really exercises one's legs. I was also always into martial arts and my kicks have been very strong, which also happens to be due to the same strong muscles. 

My Idols 
Fitness role model 
My trainer, because he is really fit. I think he has the ideal body with the right cuts and most importantly, he is not bulky at all, but, he is very strong. 

Celeb Male 
Keanu Reeves. He is not bulky with heavy biceps. I feel he looks really fit and lean with a well-toned and flexible body. 

Celeb Female 
Isha Sherwani. She has the best body — well-shaped as well as strong and flexible. 

As told to Debarati S Sen

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

"My belly is probably my biggest problem area and I am trying to kill and squash it." 😆 😆  that should be yr first priority ... agar tight shirts pehenna hai toh tummy ko andar rakho 😛
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
thnx a lot for the aticle. love sushant. horse riding tenis maritial arts?? wohoo lots of activities going on dear. keep it up
ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thnx alot 4 sharing.
Actually he should have to work on his tummy,otherwise he has a gr8 personality.
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Very good boy Sushant ..Wish you best of luck with your health and fitness...

my biggest musibat is sweets ...they are so good but they are also so bad ...

have to keep away ...
Edited by Tanyaz - 12 years ago
Red_eyes thumbnail
thanks for sharing SSR rocks
archanamanav thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
great to hear this..would love to see fit manav..😎
LovePRSoham thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This guy is super multi talented.. He has started horse riding as well... He does so many things related to fitness and still has issues with his tummy.. Bechara.. But good he is working on it seriously now.. But for me I like him however he is 😳
shootingstar27 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for sharing 😛

Looking forward to seeing Sushant without his tummy soon 😃

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
oh , i am going to miss his tummy 😔 ...