Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Who Tops and Who Flops: Masala trends revealed!

laly Goldie
laly
laly

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
The cyberworld can be quite unforgiving. With their fingers itching to type away on the keyboard and the freedom to express themselves, netizens love to vent their love, anger, angst and sympathy for celebrities. So it often happens that what magazines and newspapers love the most and crown the best doesn't match with online readers' choices. People who are rated as super-achievers in one medium could very well be termed as losers in another! Our B'wood celebs especially go through intense scrutiny. And over the years, Masala.com, Masala!'s online edition, has observed that the public has a mind of its own when it comes to choosing the best and the worst! Here are Masala.com's top 10 discoveries about T'towners and their appeal among those who either love them or can't stand them. This list has been compiled on the basis of the number of online hits and reader responses. Be ready for a few surprises!

Salman Rules
As far as favourites go, Salman is light years ahead of the ocompetition. Shah Rukh might be the self-admitted King of B'wood, and Aamir might be the connoisseur's delight, but Salman who rules hearts. Masala.com recently asked its readers to vote for their favourite actor. Guess the results? At the time of going to press, the Dabangg Khan had garnered over 2000 votes, followed by SRK who got about 300! Aamir was number three with about 250 votes followed by Hrithik and Shahid.

Clearly, Salman is loved by the Masala.com community. Girls find him hot while guys envy his physique. Also, his charity work makes him hugely popular. Fans have an opinion on everything about Sallu – from his break-up with Kat to his marriage. But SRK need not despair! He still has devoted fans like Jaci Weichenberger from Germany, who comments on EVERY single article put up on her fave star and thinks that "Sweetheart Shah Rukh Khan will change the world!"

M! Reader Comment
Divya from Delhi
"Salman, I'm ur biggest fan. I've seen all ur movies. I want to meet u, it's my first and last wish to God."

Kajol Beats The Hotties
While Kareena, Deepika, Priyanka and Katrina slug it out for the No 1 title, it's Kajol who walks away with the Masala.com crown for favourite actress! It's surprising considering she's hardly seen on screen and isn't exactly the sexiest girl in T'town. But, at the time of going to press, the My Name Is Khan star had over 800 votes followed by Deepika (670), Kareena (600), Katrina (about 550) and (surprise, surprise) Anushka (490). So what explains Kajol's popularity? We think sheer talent wins over sex appeal. She's not controversial and is seen as the epitome of womanhood – ideal wife, bahu and mum. She has it all and puts her family before films – something readers seem to appreciate a lot.

M! Reader Comment
Shahid from Bhubaneshwar
"She is beautiful and also the queen of the acting world. Just love her!"

Shahid Konnects With Every Woman
Our story titled 'Konnecting With Shahid Kapoor', first uploaded in 2008, still gets huge hits from readers who can't get enough of this hottie. In fact, in the competition among young actors, Shahid beats the other Kapoor, Ranbir hollow! This, despite the fact that Ranbir has been crowned the most desirable bachelor in B'wood by numerous magazines and has the best films, endorsements and filmmakers in his kitty. Fans, especially women, probably prefer Shahid's earthy 'good boy' appeal to Ranbir's flamboyance. Also, he's seen as a better actor, dancer and more versatile than the Wake Up Sid dude. Shocked? So were we!

M! Reader Comment
Ady from Madrid, Spain
"I really love you sooo much… You are my favourite actor. … I hope you can see my comment, and give me your e-mail please...Shahid!!! I want to meet and marry you, I'm 23 years old."

No Love For Ranbir!
Is it his Casanova image or his famous surname that's to blame? Or the fact that he gets linked with a new woman every few weeks? Whatever be the reason, Ranbir doesn't score with our readers the way he does with his women! Despite his unquestionable talent and good looks, he is seen as 'privileged', coming as he does from the first family of filmdom. That's the reason a 'self-made' Shahid ranks way above him. Also, on his own, poor Ranbir's antics evoke just an indifferent shrug from Masala.com readers; he attracts comments only when is pitted against someone or is linked with a woman!

M! Reader Comment
Bobby from Singapore
"Ranbir wouldn't be anywhere if he wasn't a Kapoor. Shahid's personal life may not be rocking but on screen he's good. Shahid not only looks better but has also given quality performances unlike Ranbir."

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter.khoobsurat.DevilsKick

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
hhahahaha
lol these fans
DevilsKick IF-Addictz
DevilsKick
DevilsKick

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Salman Rules PartyDancing

======== Salman Ka Jalwaa ========

Yahaan bhi hoga Wahan bhi hoga... ab toh saare jahaan main hoga kya...

======== Salman Ka Jalwaa ========

DancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancing

jinohne Bhai ka Halwa khaana hai... See my Siggie Below and just do 1 thing...

"Awaaajjj Nicheyyy... ROFL"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

bamboocopter IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

bulls-eye

_Sano_ IF-Stunnerz
_Sano_
_Sano_

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
awww salman khan rocks..

waisay btw cant wait to see SRK in Sasural Simar Ka
-Anjaani- IF-Rockerz
-Anjaani-
-Anjaani-

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
My sallu roxxx! GO GO SALLUDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingDancingPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyPartyParty

_Sano_

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Deepika beat Kareena, Katrina, Anushka and PC!! DancingShe's surely gettin more and more popular everyday! Approve
youknowme Goldie
youknowme
youknowme

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IHeartDeepika

Deepika beat Kareena, Katrina, Anushka and PC!! DancingShe's surely gettin more and more popular everyday! Approve
Not surprising at all. I find Deepika to be the most stunningly beautiful newcomer in Bollywood today. Her look translates world wide. Not only the US but South & Central American audiences go gaga when they see her since she looks like so many of OUR girls idealized AND not simply someone shoved into our faces and held to be beautiful because she looks white/Eruopean. This girl is just jaw droppingly pretty. If she got the right exposure Deepika could rule the Western hemisphere, or pretty darn close.
Add to that she seems to have a freindly, down to earth personality. Deeps is a winner and I wish her well.

Go to top