India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Why can't they make Gopi a little bit like Vidya

bips IF-Dazzler
bips
bips

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged

Does anyone remember the serial - banoon main teri dulhan on zee ... Vidya the lead was also uneducated, from a village ... Initially she had a husband who was mentally retarded and hated her ... when he finally began to like her, he got cured, and then he hated her again because she was not the "type" of wife he wanted ...

plus vidya had to face down a proper vamp who was bent hell on killing her and her husband and not just stupid, childish stuff that happens here ...

Vidya was not annoying, she was not foolish, she was not dumb ... despite being uneducated she carried herself with a lot of grace and dignity ... of course people took advantage of her lack of education, but she always, always learnt from her mistakes

The Cvs have gone too far with Gopi ...  they wanted to make her without any flaw, shakkar-jaisi-meethi but instead they have turned her into some sort of a dumb doll that does anything, and i mean anything that another person asks of her ... Forget about taxing her brain, i doubt she even dusts it every week ...

... i just can''t see ahem falling in love with this version of Gopi ...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sz786addicted2tvTressamusic_mastiwoman11Love_MehaksmithasrkPirated_Funprava55663

shobi12500 IF-Rockerz
shobi12500
shobi12500

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
i hope the will be bring a change in gopi because the entire team know 
that it will intrsting watch a new gopi
woman11 Goldie
woman11
woman11

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bips

Does anyone remember the serial - banoon main teri dulhan on zee ... Vidya the lead was also uneducated, from a village ... Initially she had a husband who was mentally retarded and hated her ... when he finally began to like her, he got cured, and then he hated her again because she was not the "type" of wife he wanted ...

plus vidya had to face down a proper vamp who was bent hell on killing her and her husband and not just stupid, childish stuff that happens here ...

Vidya was not annoying, she was not foolish, she was not dumb ... despite being uneducated she carried herself with a lot of grace and dignity ... of course people took advantage of her lack of education, but she always, always learnt from her mistakes

The Cvs have gone too far with Gopi ...  they wanted to make her without any flaw, shakkar-jaisi-meethi but instead they have turned her into some sort of a dumb doll that does anything, and i mean anything that another person asks of her ... Forget about taxing her brain, i doubt she even dusts it every week ...

There have been numerous characters on TV who were uneducated and from humble backgrounds but none shown so retarded like Gopi. Think of Santu in Imagine's Bandini:  she was uneducated, extremely scared of her husband, came from a poor background and had an even worse married life. Yet she was intelligent, resourceful, smart when it came to handling villains, strong and very perceptive. She brought so much of positive energy with herself. As a result, she won her husband's love, became a mother to his children and established herself as the malkin of the house all by herself and her qualities.

In contrast, Gopi lacks any inspiring quality that could help her improve herself. She does not learn from her mistakes, is quite stubborn to make changes in herself ( she refuses Kokila's suggestions at times) and most importantly refuses to do self-introspection. Did she ever think why Aham hates her? What can she do to improve her marriage? Who are responsible for her troubles? NO. She will rather blame her fate and cry to Kanhaji instead of doing something about it.

The CVs need to show Gopi as a woman of quality and substance, a woman who can be both soft and strong, simple yet intelligent, humble yet self respecting, calm yet enthusiastic to learn new things and take lessons from her mistakes. True, her present state is a result of her traumatic childhood and the loveless environment she grew up in, but then the CVs should emphasize on that point and reiterate the issue of Gopi's childhood traumas (either through nightmares or dialogues) to stress that Gopi's state is not normal and is indeed pitiable.

Instead, the CVs seem to celebrate her present state--show that being naive, blind to things, infantile, submissive and outright dumb are actually good qualities.AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
What we have now is an infantile, retarded person who seems to need psychiatric therapy before she even claims normalcy. She really needs help.

Edited by woman11 - 11 May 2011 at 12:53pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

addicted2tvTraxy101music_mastibipsANJ4

addicted2tv Senior Member
addicted2tv
addicted2tv

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by woman11

Originally posted by bips

There have been numerous characters on TV who were uneducated and from humble backgrounds but none so retarded like Gopi. Think of Santu in Imagine's Bandini:  she was uneducated, extremely scared of her husband, came from a poor background and had an even worse married life. Yet she was intelligent, resourceful, smart when it came to handling villains, strong and very perceptive. She brought so much of positive energy with herself. As a result, she won her husband's love, became a mother to his children and established herself as the malkin of the house all by herself and her qualities.

In contrast, Gopi lacks any inspiring quality that could help her improve herself. She does not learn from her mistakes, is quite stubborn to make changes in herself ( she refuses Kokila's suggestions at times) and most importantly refuses to do self-introspection. Did she ever think why Aham hates her? What can she do to improve her marriage? Who are responsible for her troubles? NO. She will rather blame her fate and cry to Kanhaji instead of doing something about it.

The CVs need to show Gopi as a woman of quality and substance, a woman who can be both soft and strong, simple yet intelligent, humble yet self respecting, calm yet enthusiastic to learn new things and take lessons from her mistakes.
What we have now is an infantile, retarded person who seems to need psychiatric therapy before she even claims normalcy. She really needs help.

Agree with both the posts here,,, in the process of showing her Naive they have turned her onto stupid and brainless...i really want her to change in order to win Ahem's heart...She is just not putting any eforts in her realtionship ...after everything she trusts Rashi,till when can koki support her and sheild her... she needs to use her brain

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music_masti

Rani48 Goldie
Rani48
Rani48

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Goldie=== My all time favorite Show ever your talking about. The pair was so or is soo cute with each other.

Yea she too was uneducated but she was smart in other ways that Gopi is not. She was very sweet, and innocent as will and she too had a husband for a little while who though that she was beneath him and that he could not be with someone who is uneducated. but she herself went and found a teacher and he taught her how to read and write.
bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Oh yeah Vidya-Sagar jodi was superb!! yeah at least Vidya was using her brain and she learnt a lot from her mistakes but here Gopi is just playing with her life and doing things as per the instructions given...
Mazzy111 Groupbie
Mazzy111
Mazzy111

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
i dnt thnk the possibility of ahem falling in love wth ths gopi, is tht big, i thnk it is high time thy changed gopi, make her a bt more lnteligent and doing thngs for herself!

Edited by Mazzy111 - 11 May 2011 at 6:13pm
ANJ4 IF-Sizzlerz
ANJ4
ANJ4

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

There are times when gopi seem so smart and there are times like today ...dumber than a door nail... hated the way she spoke...the writer are really stupid in the way they are portray gopi in todays epi.   I know in tomorrow epi rashi did something with the cow dung to mess up ahem car and gopi is in trouble with ahem

Go to top