CID

Kids favourite character on TV!

shrutireddygr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

MUMBAI: Pogo's Chhota Bheem is the kids' most favourite character, as per the latest report of Ormax Media's ranking study Small Wonders.

Chhota Bheem leads by a gap of 37 per cent in this track (April 2011) and is followed by Doraemon and Jerry at No. 2 and 3 positions respectively.

In the previous track (October 2010) of the half-yearly study, Doraemon was on the top leading by a gap of 9 per cent.

Meanwhile, among kids whose preferred channels were Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) instead of kids channels, the top three favourite characters are - Inspector Daya (CID on Sony Entertainment television), Pratigya (Pratigya, Star Plus) and Daya (Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma, Sab).

Pratigya has replaced Anandi (Balika Vadhu, Colors) who was in the top 3 in the last track.

Small Wonders is a syndicated study that ranks kids' favourite characters on television, along with reasons for the same. The study gives an overall understanding of the types of characters that are working, with reasons.

The media research and consulting firm said that the findings from Small Wonders can be used by channels as programming and communication inputs for their own characters.

Small Wonders is conducted among 6-14-year-old kids in seven cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Jalandhar. Around 2000 kids across SECs ABC are interviewed in every track.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunnyp1414 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sources ? I just want to know from where you get this information.

I am Happy  Daya  is top character among non Kids channel (means leaving cartoon channel aside). Kids truly loves him alot. I have also seen small small kids just love CID and Dayas thapar tops the list

Edited by sunnyp1414 - 12 years ago
dayakhtar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
happy 2 see daya sir at d top of d list...
anonymous7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well... that is expected!!!!!!! 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
shrutireddygr8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Hey aadrika, thanks for sharing the link!!!
Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i can't say whether I am happy or not.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
My favourite character is Daya sir only among the three names. I don't have idea about the 2nd one and third one is from sab tv show I think.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
And good to see Daya sir among top three.
DivianTanz_Divz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
OMG! Great news. He deserves to be loved by all whether kids or adults...We love you Daya Sir!!