Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

Title:

Private Dinner On Cavalli Yacht - 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Caption: CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 18: (USA OUT) Sonam Kapoor attends a private dinner on the Cavalli yacht during the 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2011 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Vittorio Zunino/RC/WireImage)

Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 12 years ago
MimiLulu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Aishwarya is more popular without a doubt.  She has done movies in the international level (even if they didn't work too well), she has been on Oprah and what not, she was Miss World, she has been in Cannes about 9 times, etc etc.   If the press didn't know Aishwarya by now, I would be worried. 

As for Sonam, her first trip to Cannes is not as big of a scale as Aishwarya's first trip.   When she went to Cannes for the first time, it was for Devdas, they had their own screening so obv. she got lots of exposure than, not to mention she was already in Bollywood for a few years by than.   P.S: I loooved her outfits that year! :p

For Sonam's first year, she got featured in Women Wear Daily, which is a very presitgious fashion magazine which I think you can only get in N.Y.C and L.A.  There was a WHOLE page with her picture.   And apart from Reuters, all the other picture agencies know very well who she is.  Just go to gettyimages.com and search for her, just for an example.   Seeing that she was only a "L'Oreal" girl and nothing more, the attention she got has been incredible.

Adity, international designers already know her.  Roberto Cavalli said in an interview he had invited Sonam to walk for him in Milan but she was shooting for two movies than and couldn't do it.   She was at his party today as well.  As much as I don't like him, he is super huge!
BollyPC thumbnail

In Cavalli

May 18th, 2011 at 11:44 pm . by Payal and Priyanka

For the Cavalli dinner, Sonam picked a Roberto Cavalli dress which she paired with Chopard jewelry, Roger Vivier clutch and Jimmy Choo heels. So glad she didn't pick an obvious Cavalli. Love this look… Very glamorous without hitting us over the head with it!

Edited by Nitu_ST_Deewani - 12 years ago
MimiLulu thumbnail

Love her look at the Cavalli thing.    Gorgeous gorgeous!

---ayesha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

Title:

Private Dinner On Cavalli Yacht - 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Caption: CANNES, FRANCE - MAY 18: (USA OUT) Sonam Kapoor attends a private dinner on the Cavalli yacht during the 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2011 in Cannes, France. (Photo by Vittorio Zunino/RC/WireImage)

Sonam's back.!!!! After her disastorous apperance in the white dress this is such a welcome change i love her hair and the dress is nice too.I would like to see the close ups before commenting on her make up but overall she looks fab...

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Farikina

Adity, international designers already know her.  Roberto Cavalli said in an interview he had invited Sonam to walk for him in Milan but she was shooting for two movies than and couldn't do it.   She was at his party today as well.  As much as I don't like him, he is super huge!

I know that...otherwise how is she wearing Gaultier or Chanel or Chopard and of course Cavalli...they did a shoot together...but the walk will make her even more known...but to get movies I think you need to showcase your movies. And it is not surprising if some people in some press don't know...I just think the Indian press is making a big deal out of nothing!
BollyPC thumbnail

Love her look at the Cavalli thing.    Gorgeous gorgeous!

yay her smiles back and she looks as lovely as ever!! shes a stunner! the Cavalli yatch docked at cannes a couple days back... seems Cavalli is really fond of sonam!! 😊 i wanna see sonam take up the offer to walk in Milan if she gets offered again!!
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

For Sonam's first year, she got featured in Women Wear Daily, which is a very presitgious fashion magazine

I thought you subscribed to WWD and got it! POST ITTT!
Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 years ago
BollyPC thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

I thought you subscribed to WWD and got it! POST ITTT!

omg post it!!! 😃
MimiLulu thumbnail
it's posted already!!

I have the PDF file of it but its the same thing just much bigger!