Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.driftingaway thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
her eyebrows usually look either too sharp, or too thin

i love them here though, her face looks softer. The makeup is fantastic too.
Edited by driftingaway - 12 years ago
joie de vivre thumbnail
I had a hunch she might wear Elie Saab, because she was in Elie Saab in 2010 and 2009 as well. And not being the most fashion-forward woman, she sticks with a select few brands: expect her to turn out in Armani Prive or Cavali sooner or later. 

I mean, it would be a nice change if, like for once, she tried other brands like Givenchy or Pucci or even Valentino. But that will just be a pipe dream. 

PS:- Maybe she could also learn to shut her mouth whilst posing. ⭐️
Edited by joie de vivre - 12 years ago
joie de vivre thumbnail
Originally posted by: lalixlily

I was like when do IF members dare say it loud & proudly? You did - Congrats to you. 😆😛
Yeah she has gotten a bit larger below her waist. I guess she eats rich meals or doesn't hit to the gym on a daily basis. It's normal she's 37. At that age - you look at food and you gain weight.🥱😕
My mom who was a stick and who gained ONLY 2 kilos after delivering my brother -- remained thin...Only the drugs she used to take had her make bigger.

She's no spring chicken, but she could take a cue from actresses her same age, like Gwyneth Paltrow or Jennifer Aniston or Nicole Kidman, who are toned but not stick thin. I'm sorry, but Ash's flab adds years to her. Her face looks puffy, her cheekbones less well-defined and overall, she just looks older than she is. Also, letting her hair down might take a few years off her. When she pins her hair up, she looks like a lady in her mid 40's, and that doesn't d her any favours at all. 
I agree with you on Nicole, but definitely not Gwyneth and Jennifer Aniston...these two really are as skinny (and as for Jen, fake tanned) as it gets but they overall make sure that they stay in shape

Edited by koolchick - 12 years ago

Usually european and american actresses remain toned & thin even after having children cause they're very aware of their body and the competition is harsher...Aish has a whole niche for herself in BW --- she can't be replaced like that. And I guess indian culture works against her - no one will criticize her for getting a lil puffy///In the west - the actresses/celebs receive lots more flak for letting themselves go : Britney Spears - Kirstey Alley...

jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

joie de vivre thumbnail
^^True enough. I mean, everything said and done, we can't refute the fact that slender/toned does look better than flabby. Nobody can refute than if Ash were 15 pounds thinner, she'd have looked much younger and better. Also, ARB is a global celebrity now, unlike Kareena or PC or Katrina who have absolutely no clout outside BW. So isn't it kinda understandable that Ash is compared with global celebrities, and not local ones? 
Hmmm...Elie Saab gowns fit her well but makes her look big. Eva Longoria looked so puny in front of Aishwarya who wore a blue lace Elie Saab last year.
.driftingaway thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i think we should learn to appreciate healthy looking, curvy women. Women come in all shapes and sizes, I don't see aishwarya's beer pot belly hanging out yet, and she doesnt look obese to me .. so ya know, what the heck! She's fine as it is.  her last few international appreances, including the oscars 2011, have been so bad, but i think she finally got it right here. She looks like she's embracing her curves and not trying to hide them in horrid figure hugging dresses. Her makeup, and her gorgeous eyes take away attention from her less than perfect body anyway.

I agree though, she would look so much better toned. But hey, atleast she doesnt look like she's on a mission to starve herself to death. Jennifer Aniston, (cringe at her fake tan)  and Nicole Kidman are skinny, but they put so much effort into maintaining their bodies, maybe Aishwarya just can't be bothered anymore.
Edited by driftingaway - 12 years ago
jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail